Hull City v Chelsea

Jase

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel the opposite actually (from most posts).

I think we've had a difficult first half because they were pressing and marking brilliantly, but they already showed tiredness and I think we'll break them in the second.

I can see us scoring one goal soon. seriously this isn't one of those matches that feels like we couldn't score. It feels like it's approaching. I'm not worried nor do I have a bad feeling about this. Quite calm about it (although the passing was frustrating - especially Ramires, as usual)

and yeah, Oscar should have scored, but let's not for a second pretend that wasn't a good finishing. It was, McGregor was outstanding and Oscar could have tried the other side, but I can't fault him for a bad finishing because it wasn't a bad finishing imo, it just could have been better position (like to the right instead of the left), but the way you read people it seems like it was one of Torres' sitters.

I know it was our only chance and we should have capitalized, but let's not get carried away.

Terrible 1st half for the most part.

Same story every week it seems like these days. Sloppy, slow, and no ideas in the final third. Commentator is spot on. We rely solely on the individual brilliance of our midfield.

Torres invisible.

We have to move the ball around QUICKLY! Not walk it around their box when they have 10 players in the box.

I nave to disagree. The team played well. Hull defense today is looking impossible to break, but you just cant expect this defense to be solid for 90 minutes.

If Hull score 1st we are sort of fucked this time...Don't have Willian and Oscar to bring on anymore, Schurle and Eto'o are not the answer...

That 1st goal is now really important, must be scored within the 1st 15 mins of 2nd half

I feel the opposite actually (from most posts).

I think we've had a difficult first half because they were pressing and marking brilliantly, but they already showed tiredness and I think we'll break them in the second.

I can see us scoring one goal soon. seriously this isn't one of those matches that feels like we couldn't score. It feels like it's approaching. I'm not worried nor do I have a bad feeling about this. Quite calm about it (although the passing was frustrating - especially Ramires, as usual)

Exactly. Just need some patience.

Let Hull work their bollocks off and get tired or maybe even become a bit more adventurous as the game wears on. Either way they'll open up more and more space for us to exploit.

Quite simple really. No proper central midfield - no motor of the team - no proper passing ( the ones who know how are rounded and marked with 8 men) - no organized play - yes relying on individual brilliance and other teams defensive errors.

This pressing thing is great but many teams in the league play defensive against us and our all around attacking midfielders can't do much if they get the ball to late.

Until we improve our central midfield games like these will not be an exception.

Playmaker able to start an attack and make few long passes per game is a must together with striker. Organization of almost every great attack starts from central midfield not from attacking midfielders. That's what I think anyway.