• Ramires
    • Schurrle
    • Hazard
    • Mata
    • Torres
    • Oscar (sub)
    • Willian (sub)
    • Essien (sub)

Watch the match again there were several instances where Cole's decisions and defensive positioning were dubious and he was fortunate that Soton wasn't capable of cashing in on those opportunities.

He wasn't amazing but to say he was atrocious is overstating it. As I said before I thought defensively he was very solid, and he bailed us out on that Lallana chance, plus made a key defensive header so for me defensively he was okay. I agree that on *some* instances he was a bit suspect but overall it was an okay performance for me.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best XI is very clear for me now

---------------Cech-------------

Ivanovic-Cahill-Terry-César

--------Ramires-Luiz----------

Willian-----Oscar-----Hazard

-------------Torres-------------

Would try Oscar at CM with Mata as nº10 though and a better strike should be the only priority this market

Still unbalanced. Not convinced by the Luiz-Ramires pivot (hasn't even been played once this season so don't know how you can say that's the best) and Azpilicueta on the left is unbalanced. We look much better when he's in his natural position.

I'd say our best XI is:

Cech

Azpilicueta - Cahill/Luiz* - Terry - Cole

Ramires - Mikel/Lampard*

Willian - Oscar - Hazard

Torres

* depending on form

This isn't immature at all.

It's clear that Mata has no role in this new system. He is great player, just doesn't suit Mourinho's style of playing. It would be shame to waste such a talented player by having him on the bench and it's never good to have unhappy player in the team. By selling Mata both club and player would benefit. Mata would get a playing time he deserves and club would get money to strengthen our weaker positions.

Sentimentality should be put aside in cases like this.

And then when times get rough people would complain about not having a strong bench.

How is it immature? He doesn't seem to fit the system and would fetch about £30-35 million which we could use to strengthen areas we are weak in.

Just a month ago when we played Southampton at the Bridge, Mata was one of the best in the squad. He is not doing so bad under Mourinho and we've seen that in other games.

It is immature how some people quickly judge his situation.

Still unbalanced. Not convinced by the Luiz-Ramires pivot (hasn't even been played once this season so don't know how you can say that's the best) and Azpilicueta on the left is unbalanced. We look much better when he's in his natural position.

I'd say our best XI is:

Cech

Azpilicueta - Cahill/Luiz* - Terry - Cole

Ramires - Mikel/Lampard*

Willian - Oscar - Hazard

Torres

* depending on form

Yes, Mou never used that setup, but i said basing on individual performances. I'm not a fan of Luiz and Azpi playing "out of position", but they're still better than a 35 year old Lampard, 33 Cole and "prime" Mikel.

We shouldn't have a player of his level on the bench.

Well, to counter your argument a lot of good teams have quality on their bench..

City: Dzeko, Navas

United: Chica. Kagawa

Arsenal: Santi/Ox

Outside of England, plenty of teams have stacked benches...

Bayern: Gotze, Martinez, Thiago

Madrid: Isco, Fabio Coentrao, Casillas

Barca: Sanchez, Tello, etc....

Very close between hazard and Oscar for MOTM, but went for Hazard because Oscar's shameful dive (not cool!). Azpi was brilliant on the right as always (made one huge mistake, though). I thought Rami and Mikel were excellent as well.

What's more important? A strong bench or a good striker?

Definitely a strong bench. Though I don't why we have to chose between the two.

Okay, let's bring back Benayoun and Marin instead.

Why when we have Schurrle and De Bruyne, with Traore also recently signing.

I get the point you were trying to make but it makes no sense. Mata is a great player but saying he doesn't fit our system isn't disrespectful.