• Eto'o
    • De Bruyne (sub)
    • Ba (sub)
    • Lampard (sub)

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A little bit, but I feel like he could contribute so much more. He definitely has the talent to but his role is too disciplined.

People said Jose was the one who turned Mikel into a DM which wasn't true as he played him less than half his games in DM to cover for Maka. It was Scolari who started the trend of playing him there permanently.

If Jose never left, i reckon Mikel would have been a lot more of an attacking player.

Shame we lost to Basle as we would have secured the group tonight and effectively took two games off the calendar.

Either way, hopefully we can secure the group in Switzerland as not having to worry about game 6 could come in handy considering we have two midweek trips to Sunderland next month.

Great display from our back four, Terry and Cahill were very solid. First half was a dissapointment attacking wise, but in the end we did enough to secure the 3 points which is what matters! Motm was Willian for me, great runs both in attack and defence. KTBFFH! :blue scalf:

Now looking back, I ask myself, How the fuck did we lose to Basel?

Same reason we just lost to Newcastle. We thought we'd just show up and our talent alone would ensure us the win.

Great win, especially if you consider that Basel drew. And our striker actually scored! :blink: Some very good individual performances. Willian clear MOTM. Mikel and Rami retrieved the ball very well, especially in the first half. Apart from the first 10 mins, we never really looked troubled, theough Cech's save at 1-0 got us the 3 points.

- Cahill MOM for me, was superb and assured throughout.

He made two big mistakes, though. One at the start of the game and one around 75 mins that was rectified by JT. Both could have lead to goals. But he did very very well other wise. Just can't be MOTM for me.

A little bit, but I feel like he could contribute so much more. He definitely has the talent to but his role is too disciplined.

He definitely can. He showed a glimpse with that sublime ball over the top for Schurrle in the first half. But I prefer him in the holding role handling the pressure.