Chelsea v Cardiff

Jase

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But that's the dilemma, we just cannot slip up on this one, therefore resting players could end up being a bit of a banana skin. I'd like to see Willian start though.

Not when Oscar, KDB, Mata and Shurrle are all pumped up after the internationals.

He can be the unused sub

Not when Oscar, KDB, Mata and Shurrle are all pumped up after the internationals.

He can be the unused sub

He looks really sharp in training and is also pumped up confidence wise due to the wonder goal he bagged in our last game, I think Cardiff at home is the perfect scenario to unleash him.

Eto'o? Pace? May be compared to Ba, but he's really slower than most strikers, atm.

Eto'o looks rather quick to me, he surprised me with his acceleration off the mark, but obviously he's not as fast as he used to be. He blends in very well with our attacking players, dropping deep, going wide, playing little triangle passes. But, do we want that or a Ba up front as a point of reference like our last match, or somebody who can give us both like Torres?

Chelsea have won 10 and drawn one of their last 11 Barclays Premier League games at Stamford Bridge. Cardiff have kept a clean sheet in just one of their seven Barclays Premier League games so far. Chelsea have scored exactly two goals in each of their last eight home games in the Barclays Premier League. Cardiff City have conceded four goals from outside the penalty area this season; a league-high. Chelsea are one of only two Premier League sides (along with Stoke City) for whom a striker has not scored a league goal this season. who will win, let's see.

Eto'o looks rather quick to me, he surprised me with his acceleration off the mark, but obviously he's not as fast as he used to be. He blends in very well with our attacking players, dropping deep, going wide, playing little triangle passes. But, do we want that or a Ba up front as a point of reference like our last match, or somebody who can gives us both like Torres?

Not disagreeing with any of that. I think his movement is the best among our three strikers, and his acceleration is still good. But when it comes to pure pace he's unfortunately lost most of it. A few times in every match he's been beaten for pace by defenders, especially against Steaua where the defender always seemed to have a couple of yards on him.

Not disagreeing with any of that. I think his movement is the best among our three strikers, and his acceleration is still good. But when it comes to pure pace he's unfortunately lost most of it. A few times in every match he's been beaten for pace by defenders, especially against Steaua where the defender always seemed to have a couple of yards on him.

That's unfortunately true, in the first two yards he's fine, but anything longer than that he's been struggling a little. Maybe he's not fully fit yet after spending two years on a footballing sabbatical

Eto'o? Pace? May be compared to Ba, but he's really slower than most strikers, atm.

Well, was mostly talking about the Schurrle Oscar Hazard combo, but Eto'o have some decent pace but would rather have Torres there if he is fit

The only one who may be rested is Oscar due to his long flight/potential jetlag. Due to that, i would start with Willian on the right and Hazard/Schürrle on the left (prefer Hazard although Schürrle scored a hattrick). People saying that Schürrrle should start, need to know he's not going to play on the right wing, Jose realized and said it in an interview he prefers him on the left (where he also played for Germany). Im a Hazard fan, but i can see Jose starting with Schürrle with the momentum he has going.

Having been watching some of my old chelsea season reviews and watching then shows how were are REALLY missing a strong striker. We shall need to soldier ok but we must win these games well or we shall not stand a chance I don't want to be like 3rd, 4th or worse I want us to really challenge for the title :(

The only one who may be rested is Oscar due to his long flight/potential jetlag. Due to that, i would start with Willian on the right and Hazard/Schürrle on the left (prefer Hazard although Schürrle scored a hattrick). People saying that Schürrrle should start, need to know he's not going to play on the right wing, Jose realized and said it in an interview he prefers him on the left (where he also played for Germany). Im a Hazard fan, but i can see Jose starting with Schürrle with the momentum he has going.

Hello? Ramires?

He is the one needs to rest the most, despite his insane stamina.