Spurs v Chelsea

Jase

• Replies 781
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm getting fed up with Mourinho and his stubborn / weird decisions. Wtf is going on with him? Does he want to prove so badly he can do it his way regardless of the type of players at his disposal?

Play Azpi and Mata for christ sake, and Ramires should never play on the wings in his life. Stupid stuff

Think there is just way too much emphasis on defending. Not saying it isn't important but seems that under Mourinho so far, we are more concern with defending than attacking..

Mourinho has been like that since 2004. That was expected.

Last 15 mins were much better, but Rami is not working on the wing because Torres keeps drifting to where Rami is supposed to run into behind Naughton. Need to continue how we ended the half but put Schurrle on for Lamps or Rami. Oscar has been very disappointing today.

It seems every game this season there has been a goal due to Ivanovic making some mistake or being beat for pace.

Yeah, it really is becoming a serious problem. He also loses his head a lot and looks an accident waiting to happen all the time. I'd really prefer Azpi to be first choice RB.

Yeh, let's take off our only DM and give Eriksen, Gilfy more space to own us.

Lol. Well. That hasn't stopped them doing anything for the whole first half. And we are a goal down. Mikel has been bad. Oscar contributes defensively and so does rambo.

Also Spurs will start to sit back with their lead. If we don't score it won't matter anyway. 1-0 2-0 or whatever.

Agree.

Too much of emphasis on counter-attack?

if we wanna play flair kind of football, counter-attack does not seem to be the right approach isnt it?

To me it seems that Mourinho wants to play a style of football that doesn't fit the team he inherited and he doesn't really know what to do with it.

No offense to Oscar, but he lacks vision. He shouldn't be our 10, it should be Mata. Oscar is a midfield grafter, creating the space for Mata.

What I don't understand is that Mourinho in his first press conferences stated that he likes the creative ways of our three amigos and that he wants to build on that. Now what? It looks to me that we bought all these players to suit a certain Pep, and now we got Mourinho who brings different qualities.

Sub Lamps, bring on Mata, Ramires dropping alongside Mikel, please.

Mikel + Lampard are too static for a game as fast paced as this. Should really be more than 1 goal down. Cole getting caught upfield (again), Lampard nowhere to be seen, and Mikel ball watching again.

They really need to get it together or Spurs could end up getting a few more on the counter.