Bayern Munich v Chelsea

Jase

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fucking hell. Oscar's done a briilliant job at pressing. it's not all about passing and scoring ffs.

Don't get mad Padawan!

But I feel you have a liking for defending and control. I am raised in the age of cattenacio AND total (attacking) football. Check that out. Defense is great, control is great, but if you only take into account the movement of the other party, you are always second. It is like when I play chess. If I start and look at my defense too much. I lose the initiative and chase a whole game long. We did that against ManU, now less.

It is more than just a feel. It is a genuine football vision. God, I love Total Football.

I know I sound like a bitch... but where are the people criticizing the formation (not the lineup)?

Where are the people calling Mourinho names?

This was a great first by us. Of course we can lose, that's not the point, my point is only to prove Mourinho isn't some clown who doesn't know a thing about football as some suggested with some sort of posts before the match.

So with the proper time to sharpen this formation and with the addition of Mata, Willian, Eto'o, the prospect only gets better.

Give the man some credit and some time.

why? does that make up for him being consistently shit for 2 1/2 years?

Oh come on! Can we just celebrate the goal and admit it's a fucking fantastic strike from Torres?! 99% of you guys shot him down or even curse him before the match, shouldn't you just shut up and enjoy the goal? You can say whatever you like when he sucked and can't appreciate his good efforts?

Good defensive performance. Schurrle, Oscar have put in decent shifts and even Hazard has come leaps and bounds in his defensive discipline/understanding.

One thing I've noticed is a lot of the 50-50's are being won by Bayern players tonight. Luck or better fitness?

Just need another decent counter attacking opportunity in the 2nd half looks like Bayern might concede another.

Essien/Mikel for Lampard and Lukaku for Torres depending on the circumstances.

Don't get mad Padawan!

But I feel you have a liking for defending and control. I am raised in the age of cattenacio AND total (attacking) football. Check that out. Defense is great, control is great, but if you only take into account the movement of the other party, you are always second. It is like when I play chess. If I start and look at my defense too much. I lose the initiative and chase a whole game long. We did that against ManU, now less.

It is more than just a feel. It is a genuine football vision. God, I love Total Football.

we need time to implement total football. Bayern's trying something like that. look how bad they're failing.

Great goal but not impressed with our ball retention at all. Every time we keep it, we look fantastic but that's like once every 10 minutes. We're giving them way too much time and they will score eventually if this carries on. It seems to work though... somehow. We'll get battered one of these days, we will.

I know I sound like a bitch... but where are the people criticizing the formation (not the lineup)?

Where are the people calling Mourinho names?

This was a great first by us. Of course we can lose, that's not the point, my point is only to prove Mourinho isn't some clown who doesn't know a thing about football as some suggested with some sort of posts before the match.

So with the proper time to sharpen this formation and with the addition of Mata, Willian, Eto'o, the prospect only gets better.

Give the man some credit and some time.

You were correct. I must admit, Chelsea are playing exactly what´s needed & well. Bayern hadly had any chances.

It´s amazing what Jose had come up with. So far, so good.