Anzhi Makhachkala Meltdown

matheradam

Anzhi Makhachkala owner Suleyman Kerimov has put the entire first-team squad up for sale, suggesting the club will instead focus on developing young academy stars after failing to achieve "instant success." This means that there are a lot of class players that Chelsea could potentially buy. Even though Jose is happy with the squad the likes of Eto'o at a low price could mean we look else where. Should we take advantage of taking some of their best players or just leave it alone.

I personally wouldn't mind having Eto'o, depending he cuts his wages, for two or three years while Lukaku matures for those years. Another talent Anzhi has got is Lacina Traore who looked decent against Liverpool in the Europa league and is another young talent in the market.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:dance:

zhirkov.jpg

Jokes aside, can't see anyone fit for Chelsea's current needs...

Samba will be returning to PL I guess while Tottenham may go for Willian.

I never expected Anzhi to be a success...teams like Monaco, PSG and City have great leagues and locations to attract players unlike Anzhi.

EEto'o..seriously???

Why not? Obiviosly he has to cut his wages. So if it would be enough for him to earn about 7 Million a year I would take him with open arms (assuming that the transer fee is underneath 10 Million). He still can play at the highest level and with 32 he is in a advanced stage of his carrer, so he isn't going to hinder Lukaku in the future unlike Rooney.

Let's say we could get him for 10m Pounds -> 3 year deal worth 7m a year -> 31m Pounds for a genuis of player over 3 years.

Rooney would cost us at least 40m Pounds transer fee -> 5 year deal worth 10,5m a year -> 92,5m Pounds for also a world class player but he would be in the way of Lukaku in the future.

Why not? Obiviosly he has to cut his wages. So if it would be enough for him to earn about 7 Million a year I would take him with open arms (assuming that the transer fee is underneath 10 Million). He still can play at the highest level and with 32 he is in a advanced stage of his carrer, so he isn't going to hinder Lukaku in the future unlike Rooney.

Let's say we could get him for 10m Pounds -> 3 year deal worth 7m a year -> 31m Pounds for a genuis of player over 3 years.

Rooney would cost us at least 40m Pounds transer fee -> 5 year deal worth 10,5m a year -> 92,5m Pounds for also a world class player but he would be in the way of Lukaku in the future.

I don't think he'll settle for a 1 year contract that we usually give for above 30 year olds. Besides he haven't played at the highest level in quite sometime. I wudnt be surprised if he is rusty and becomes a flop. I wudnt waste 30million on him

Willian, maybe, although really can't see how he'd fit, Eto, yes... Five years ago.

Feel sorry for zhirkhov, showed such promise when he first arrived here( for £18m I believe, the same amount we paid for shirley) being dubbed "the Russian Ronaldinho" remember him scoring against inter in pre season shortly before he got injured and missed the beginning of the season, possibly affecting his Chelsea career . can't see him joining an elite club now, I may be wrong. Sorry I realise this is going of subject slightly, maybe it's the price tag but can't help drawing comparisons between the 2 players ( yuri + shirley)

Hope shirley has a far better start and Chelsea career!

I don't think he'll settle for a 1 year contract that we usually give for above 30 year olds. Besides he haven't played at the highest level in quite sometime. I wudnt be surprised if he is rusty and becomes a flop. I wudnt waste 30million on him

That's the good part. If he is really going to flop we can just sell him. There will always be clubs like Monaco with more money than brain. The reason why Eto'o isn't going to such clubs right away is because of Mourinho and their past together. 10m transfer fee + 7m salary = 17m. That is a risk worth take it if you consider what the could do for the club.

Besides Eto'o is a very big name and I'm sure his name will sell many kits. The financial loss would be within a reasonable limit.

So if he flops the loss wouldn't be exorbitantly high. And if he doesn't flop we bought the bargain of the century.