Chelsea Youth

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boga. Unbelievable talent that could be game-changing at the highest level. That level of close-control, dribbling ability and speed is magic.

I was really impressed with Traore as well and think he has a good chance of breaking into the squad sooner rather than later.

Also Christensen is a very composed CB, excellent passer of the ball and looks good defensively at youth level. He did himself no harm in the two games against City as well.

As for the English guys we know all about Chalobah and RLC. I'll give Baker a mention. He is very good, genuinely two footed and is developing into a solid CM player. Swift also, another who seems to go under the radar for some reason.

Really staggering just how many good young players we have right now.

I meant becoming such a professional and a Chelsea legend like he has. For me, Lampard was the guy who made me love Chelsea. I'd love it if McEachran would be known like he is and be like he has been to the fans.

I don't think Josh has the same work attitude as Frank .... But then very few have worked as hard as Frank to maximise his potential ..

Frank is the model over achiever ,,,I dont think Josh will be the same

Lampard' s build when he was at West Ham suggested he wasn't one with a great work ethic in his younger days.I know he has said many times that Claudio helped him to become a true pro.

I Don't like comparing players to another but understand the person who brought it up only meant that he hoped Josh would become a long time midfielder for us and win many trophies etc..

At Josh' s current age I think Frank was playing for Swansea in the third tier..maybe too early to say what he will become..

I'm sorry, but anyone who thought the youth system would bear fruit in anything less than decade after the club was radically overhauled was always going to be in for disappointment.

Now is when you'd expect the system to bear fruit and in players like Chalobah, Ake and Loftus-Cheek we actually have a shot at producing top class players. People can be negative about the club and write them off but I really don't see the point in that.

My problem is also with the youth signings who have been bought for silly money at 16 17 18 years of age like Franco Di Santo, Micheal woods, Tom Taiwo

and Gael Kakuta and each of them failing. We missed a whole transfer window because of Kakuta.... Micheal woods and Tom Taiwo was signed for millions when the had only just finished year 11 in school. Frank Arnesen done a horrible job when he was here and our youth scouts are shit.

My problem is also with the youth signings who have been bought for silly money at 16 17 18 years of age like Franco Di Santo, Micheal woods, Tom Taiwo

and Gael Kakuta and each of them failing. We missed a whole transfer window because of Kakuta.... Micheal woods and Tom Taiwo was signed for millions when the had only just finished year 11 in school. Frank Arnesen done a horrible job when he was here and our youth scouts are shit.

That's an inherent problem with ALL youth academies though. Whatever you do, however you scout and however much you pay you're always getting the exact same thing - potential. Right now we have arguably the finest academy and youth teams in England and possibly Europe. What we've lacked is stability in the managerial position to guide these kids through, but when you look at the quality in the young sides and the players we have on loan then I think there's every reason to be positive about our future and not just dismiss every single scout associated with the club as 'shit'.

That's an inherent problem with ALL youth academies though. Whatever you do, however you scout and however much you pay you're always getting the exact same thing - potential. Right now we have arguably the finest academy and youth teams in England and possibly Europe. What we've lacked is stability in the managerial position to guide these kids through, but when you look at the quality in the young sides and the players we have on loan then I think there's every reason to be positive about our future and not just dismiss every single scout associated with the club as 'shit'.

No its not though because we have spent much more then any other and we've constantly failed at this club. We actually brought it into fashion to spend millions on youth player who are 16-18 years of age its ridiculous !

Last 13 Years since the start of this century players that are home grown or bought at very young ages who played for the youth academy before breaking through....

Man Utd Darren Fletcher John O'shea Danny Welbeck Tom Cleverly

Man city Micha Richards Joe Hart. Nedum Onuoha

Liverpool.... Raheem Sterling Martin Kelly Jay Spearing...

Tottenham Andros Townsend Ledley King Jake Livermore Danny Rose Kyle Walker ( Kyle Walker is debatable but he still started off in the youth academy then broke through)

Chelsea Bench Warmer oh sorry I meant Ryan Bertrand :rolleyes:

John Terry broke through in 1998 and if you say Ledley king broke through at a similar time he never because it was his performance at Anfield in November 2000 that got him into the Tottenham first team squad.

No its not though because we have spent much more then any other and we've constantly failed at this club. We actually brought it into fashion to spend millions on youth player who are 16-18 years of age its ridiculous !

Last 13 Years since the start of this century players that are home grown or bought at very young ages who played for the youth academy before breaking through....

Tottenham Andros Townsend Ledley King Jake Livermore Danny Rose Kyle Walker ( Kyle Walker is debatable but he still started off in the youth academy then broke through)

John Terry broke through in 1998 and if you say Ledley king broke through at a similar time he never because it was his performance at Anfield in November 2000 that got him into the Tottenham first team squad.

In comparison to now and almost 10 years ago was the mere fact our board and Roman were looking for instant success. Buying players that were in the prime of their game and guaranteed 2-3 years at top level and continuing to buy buy buy. What is different now, is the fact the last 3 years our facilities have focused primarily on youth level academies and to hopefully formulate a method of introducing youth potential on to the side. That is why we have the likes of Piazon, Ake, Loftus Cheek, Kane, Chalobah, etc, players with such a high potential that we couldn't find nor develop players nearly as brilliant back in 2002-07.

Bertrand and Ake are primarily example of players from our academy that will eventually break into the first team. When you give the lads a chance, they might just surprise you. That is why I was absolutely thrilled when Mourinho during his press conference stated that he is hoping to develop youth and transition them into the first team, methods like this guarantees stability so that we can become a sustainable club.

We are heading in the right direction for once with a great future ahead of us so I fail to see any point of finding something to be cautious about.

I know everyone loves following superstars, big named players who shine brightly for there team, but who out there would rather watch a youngster come up through the grades? Develop through the academy, follow the player from a young age! Check out the Chelsea players we hope to be watching for a long time!
http://www.undisputedsports.com/2013/07/chelsea-youth-to-shine-bright/

You're talking about a United academy that was streets ahead of us in the mid-90s so I'd again refer you to the earlier point that you just need to be patient. The club was overhauled almost completely when Roman took over, the academy and training facilities included. In recent years we've had great success in the FA Youth Cup and now we have players on the cusp of breaking through, although if you want to denigrate Chelsea players like Ryan Bertrand as 'Bench Warmer' than that's up to you. Personally I think he did alright when he started for us in the Champions League Final. :rolleyes:

Bad Boy has summed things up ...Our Academy is CRAP ...its either the scouts or the coaches ...

compare us with Southampton.

Fuck off calling our academy crap OK. I'm trying to be polite but people like you who just want to moan and moan and moan really do test my patience. Maybe you should start writing letters to Points of View or your local newspaper and complain about potholes.....or just have a wank :wank2: .

Our academy's performance in tournaments is anything but crap. The results speak for themselves, but so do the performances of young men like Ruben Loftus-Cheek and Nat Chalobah.

If you really want to compare us to Southampton then fine - they have lower expectations than us. When Oxlade-Chamberlain and Walcott broke through I believe they were in the Championship, although I commend them for sticking by Luke Shaw last season. Unfortunately the constant need for success and lack of patience from our fans (who also call our academy crap) means that players don't get the chance to learn in our team, and that's a real shame.

Ultimately you people are part of the problem. You want all the reward without any of the discomfort and that's cancerous to any club looking to develop youngsters. We're about a decade into a new era for our club, so anyone who was expecting La Masia to spring up overnight (without a B team to help them) was going to be sorely disappointed.

Edited by The only place to be

If you really want to compare us to Southampton then fine - they have lower expectations than us. When Oxlade-Chamberlain and Walcott broke through I believe they were in the Championship, although I commend them for sticking by Luke Shaw last season. Unfortunately the constant need for success and lack of patience from our fans (who also call our academy crap) means that players don't get the chance to learn in our team, and that's a real shame.

Ultimately you people are part of the problem. You want all the reward without any of the discomfort and that's cancerous to any club looking to develop youngsters. We're about a decade into a new era for our club, so anyone who was expecting La Masia to spring up overnight (without a B team to help them) was going to be sorely disappointed.

To be honest, as long as 1 of the talented youngsters from our academy makes the Chelsea first team and stays there, I'll be satisfied.

I get the feeling that Chalobah or Aké are more likely to make it. I'm not hating on the rest of our academy but Aké showed promising signs in his cameo appearances last season and Chalobah did well in the majority of Watford's games last season.

As for Josh McEachran, I can only hope we find him a suitable loan destination or sell him with a buy back clause....kind of like what L'pool did with Shelvey.

You're talking about a United academy that was streets ahead of us in the mid-90s so I'd again refer you to the earlier point that you just need to be patient. The club was overhauled almost completely when Roman took over, the academy and training facilities included. In recent years we've had great success in the FA Youth Cup and now we have players on the cusp of breaking through, although if you want to denigrate Chelsea players like Ryan Bertrand as 'Bench Warmer' than that's up to you. Personally I think he did alright when he started for us in the Champions League Final. :rolleyes:

Fuck off calling our academy crap OK. I'm trying to be polite but people like you who just want to moan and moan and moan really do test my patience. Maybe you should start writing letters to Points of View or your local newspaper and complain about potholes.....or just have a wank :wank2: .

Our academy's performance in tournaments is anything but crap. The results speak for themselves, but so do the performances of young men like Ruben Loftus-Cheek and Nat Chalobah.

and I suppose only you as the "fans favourite " is a true fan ... I really am amazed that someone as knowledgeable as you still

thinks our academy is doing a good job