Chelsea Youth

Selective argument at best. How convenient of you to omit their inability to retain their best players as the major reason for their demise. Selling the likes of Henry, fabregas, RVP,Nasri,Song, Cole et al was the main factor rather than their focus on youth integration and since we haven't shown the tendency to sell our best players then how exactly are we likely to turn out like arsenal if we show more commitment to youth development and integration.so because we want to nurture Chalobah for e.g means that we would sell ramires?.

RVP, Nasri, Song and Fabregas were all there in 2010/2011, i am sure that part of the reason they left was because their talents deserved better than sitting through a never ending transition (like i mentioned on my comment).

Sorry but I've corrected you on your use of Wenger as an example in these debates on youth before. The problem at Arsenal wasn't a reliance on use but A WOEFUL UNDERINVESTMENT IN THE FIRST TEAM.

Also no-one is saying that 18-20 year olds should have nailed-on spots but that they should be used in the squad rather than us wasting spots on Essien, Ba and Eto'o.

Yes you are right, but then again weren't you as good as campaigning in the summer against signing Cavani because of Lukaku? like now with Witsel/Chalobah? So in theory wouldn't that be under-investing? turning down the chance to sign two players in their prime on the off chance two youngsters would turn out to be as good? and if Arsenal did invest properly, then the Fabregas would probably have had to wait a few years before he was a nailed on starter.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes you are right, but then again weren't you as good as campaigning in the summer against signing Cavani because of Lukaku? like now with Witsel/Chalobah? So in theory wouldn't that be under-investing? turning down the chance to sign two players in their prime on the off chance two youngsters would turn out to be as good? and if Arsenal did invest properly, then the Fabregas would probably have had to wait a few years before he was a nailed on starter.

How do you have the courage to say that? Lukaku, Chalobah, Baker, Josh, Kalas, Blackman, etc, are all future Ballon D'or winners!!!

Fuck, I dont even know why do we buy so many players to be quite honest, I think we should sell them all and play the future best players of the galaxy...

How do you have the courage to say that? Lukaku, Chalobah, Baker, Josh, Kalas, Blackman, etc, are all future Ballon D'or winners!!!

Fuck, I dont even know why do we buy so many players to be quite honest, I think we should sell them all and play the future best players of the galaxy...

Im still furious we signed Azpilicueta instead of promoting Billy Clifford, he was outstanding at Yeovil Town :ph34r:

Im still furious we signed Azpilicueta instead of promoting Billy Clifford, he was outstanding at Yeovil Town :ph34r:

How come we still play Cech and have Courtois at Atletico? Blackman deserves his starting position, we must sell both keepers and stick with a true Cobham product!

I blame it on the Brazilian glory-hunters that support our team nowadays. If it wasnt for them, Chelsea would be lighting the world on fire with Blackman and other 18-20yos...

How come we still play Cech and have Courtois at Atletico? Blackman deserves his starting position, we must sell both keepers and stick with a true Cobham product!

I blame it on the Brazilian glory-hunters that support our team nowadays. If it wasnt for them, Chelsea would be lighting the world on fire with Blackman and other 18-20yos...

I still can't forgive the club for signing Didier Drogba when we had a perfectly good forward in Carlton Cole on our books :Goober:

Yes you are right, but then again weren't you as good as campaigning in the summer against signing Cavani because of Lukaku? like now with Witsel/Chalobah? So in theory wouldn't that be under-investing?

Do you use 'in theory' interchangeably with 'nothing at all like'?

It's like there's a few posters who struggle with simple points. I was happy with most of our spending and see the place for it in our future, but I also think that we should use the academy to promote squad players as well as a few key first-teamers. That doesn't mean I (or anyone else) think that we have 11 Ballon D'or winners coming up but that we have players who could have good careers here and improve our squad

Cesar is exactly the type of signing I like though. Cheap, young but now worth more than what we paid for him.

In short, value.

When United's wingers were struggling this season,Moyes took a punt gave a chance to Januzaj and reaped its rewards.While we have an inconsistent Lampard,cripppled essien,Mikel who is in and out of the side and Ramires who we are fast running to the ground because he is our only reliable midfielder yet we cant give Ake some gametime who was promising last season.I am not saying Ake is the answer but is he really all that worse then the current Lampard and Essien?

And apparently the club haven't been in contact with Lukaku for two months??

I honestly can't believe that's true, but if it is then what does that say about our club's commitment to developing young players? The fact that a talented proven PL player felt that he wouldn't get a fair chance here is perhaps the biggest indictment of our 'youth system' yet.

I honestly can't believe that's true, but if it is then what does that say about our club's commitment to developing young players? The fact that a talented proven PL player felt that he wouldn't get a fair chance here is perhaps the biggest indictment of our 'youth system' yet.

Indeed. We might need to work on our hatchery. It really isn't warming the eggs like it should.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

• 2 weeks later...

I've just realised that all the arguments about us not playing young players are becoming reasons not to play our senior stars.

Can't play Chalobah because he might make a cock-up that leads to a goal, or he simply doesn't have the experience to control a game in the pivot.

Essien makes a massive cock-up in 13 seconds against Southampton and Ramires blows 4 chances against Stoke and has a 74% pass completion rate.

Courtois still needs to prove himself able to deal with British crosses at places like Stoke.

Cech fails to deal with a simple cross away to Stoke.

Lukaku needs to improve his general play and passing outside the box.

Eto'o gives the ball away whilst we're in transition and Stoke score the winner on the break.

:clap:

I find that unlikely. We've just create a new position in the club just to keep an eye on the loan players and gave it Eddie Newton. And I even remember him saying that he has a team working with him on it.

I've just realised that all the arguments about us not playing young players are becoming reasons not to play our senior stars.

Can't play Chalobah because he might make a cock-up that leads to a goal, or he simply doesn't have the experience to control a game in the pivot.

Essien makes a massive cock-up in 13 seconds against Southampton and Ramires blows 4 chances against Stoke and has a 74% pass completion rate.

Courtois still needs to prove himself able to deal with British crosses at places like Stoke.

Eto'o gives the ball away whilst we're in transition and Stoke score the winner on the break.

Let's face it..unless there are drastic changes at the club, not many of our youngsters are gonna make Chelsea's first team..

Valid point but obviously they can't perform the magic and individual brilliance some of our senior players tend to do, which we rely on so much to win matches.