André Schürrle

BlueLion.

i think he needs to be a starter, he has shown in this world cup how good he really is, is say Hazard Oscar Schurrle, plus hes just won the world cup, he will be buzzing

there's going to be one problem for him though (the same to Oscar and Willian as a matter of fact, as they played last in the WC just one day before): he's going to show up at the club nearly a month from now, with the team about to start the EPL season... he'll miss all of the pre-season and I don't see Mourinho throwing him in the team straight away without any preparation (physical) or training.

I think this is going to detract a little bit his promotion to the starting eleven, but there's no guy playing for us that will be as motivated as him and with as much confidence (he's already one of the most motivated either way).

there's going to be one problem for him though (the same to Oscar and Willian as a matter of fact, as they played last in the WC just one day before): he's going to show up at the club nearly a month from now, with the team about to start the EPL season... he'll miss all of the pre-season and I don't see Mourinho throwing him in the team straight away without any preparation (physical) or training.

I think this is going to detract a little bit his promotion to the starting eleven, but there's no guy playing for us that will be as motivated as him and with as much confidence (he's already one of the most motivated either way).

Yeah it's true. Mourinho certainly doesn't rush players back unless there's an occassion where it's needed (Hazard v PSG types), he certainly won't think the beginning of the season is near important enough to foresake Schurrle's overall fitness. That gives Willian a slight edge over his colleague.

Andre!!!!!!!

Definitely Schurrle. A Chelsea player who went on to win the World Cup is a feat we're not used to.. Milk it :lol:

But that's too mainstream! My previous Chelsea shirts have Kalou, Mikel and Lampard (was a gift) on them :lol:

Yeah it's true. Mourinho certainly doesn't rush players back unless there's an occassion where it's needed (Hazard v PSG types), he certainly won't think the beginning of the season is near important enough to foresake Schurrle's overall fitness. That gives Willian a slight edge over his colleague.

And if Willian starts strong Shirley can kiss a starting role goodbye.

it doesn't because Willian is turning back to the club at the same date. Let's not forget Will's last game was one day earlier than André's. I don't see how one can return to the team earlier than the other (the starting team, I mean)

And if Willian starts strong Shirley can kiss a starting role goodbye.

Indeed, it's the start of the season for both will be key to how they'll progress. But it won't be a main factor, just ask Azpilicueta.

it doesn't because Willian is turning back to the club at the same date. Let's not forget Will's last game was one day earlier than André's.

That's true Barbra, but you can argue Willian is much freshers having not played as much as our German.

How about Bertrand? :P

(PS: I seriously contemplated that on the 12/13 kit but eventually got Mikel instead :lol: )

Is Paulo Ferreira still around? Gael Kakuta will be rejoining the squad from loan ;)

Indeed, it's the start of the season for both will be key to how they'll progress. But it won't be a main factor, just ask Azpilicueta.

That's true Barbra, but you can argue Willian is much freshers having not played as much as our German.

your point about Azpili is very valid.

In theory yes, but lack of pre-season detracts a lot from a players' form throughout the whole season - or at least that's what Lamps and Terry kept saying. I already think that's one of the things that detracted Willian's form last season. He was on vacation from Anzhi, haven't played in a while and had no pre-season or preparation whatsoever before joining us.

I hope they both overcome it, but it normally affects a player and I think André isn't the best in the physical department - based in the problems he had last year about his endurance and strength. Oscar doesn't look like that strong either, so while I think Willian may have less issues than them (and Ramires even less), I still think the lack of pre-season will affect their season - at least the first half. Let's hope not, though.

your point about Azpili is very valid.

In theory yes, but lack of pre-season detracts a lot from a players' form throughout the whole season - or at least that's what Lamps and Terry kept saying. I already think that's one of the things that detracted Willian's form last season. He was on vacation from Anzhi, haven't played in a while and had no pre-season or preparation whatsoever before joining us.

I hope they both overcome it, but it normally affects a player and I think André isn't the best in the physical department - based in the problems he had last year about his endurance and strength. Oscar doesn't look like that strong either, so while I think Willian may have less issues than them (and Ramires even less), I still think the lack of pre-season will affect their season - at least the first half. Let's hope not, though.

Yeah exactly!

The otherside of the coin is pre-season forms gives a bit of a faux interpretation of players. We've had numerous talent that looked great in preseason but didn't reach those same heights in the season.. Marko Marin sticks out like a sore thumb in this context.