André Schürrle

BlueLion.

Had a superb WC :D, happy for the lad. When do you guys think he will join up with the team?

Considering the Spanish lads will only be back on 21st July, nearly 1 month after Spain got knocked out of the World Cup, I'm guessing one month from now as well.

While he is a brilliant option of the bench he has more than proved his worth when starting matches. Hatrick against Fulham for a start, 2 excellent goals against Stoke and a very good finish against PSG. He is a big game player. I don't think it is picked up on a lot but his finishing with his 'weaker' foot is excellent. Just look at his goal for Germany against Brazil for a start which is up there for goal of the tournament. His assist for the winning goal for Germany in the final was with his weaker foot. When we lost to Stoke 3-2 last season both goals were from Schurrle on his left foot and they were fantastic finishes. The 3-1 victory at Craven Cottage when he scored a hattrick, at least 2 of his goals were well executed finishes with his left foot,

Very valuable player and when you have a player who is able to score goals from the offset or as a sub and is adapt on either foot I would definitely count him as an important first team player, especially if you also consider some of the key/big games his goals have came in.

I feel it boils down to initial perception or first impression and how people often find it difficult to shake it off and change their opinion of a player. Schurrle to them as always been a back up player to Hazard at Chelsea and some may find it difficult to accept his promotion to the starting 11.

It's the same with regular starters, It will take an awful lot to convince people that a regular starter is no longer good enough or deserving of the status and should be relegated to a squad player. Some were still defending Torres and considered him still good enough to start regularly despite 18 months of awful and inconsistent performances.

perception is everything.

More love for Schurrle...

tumblr_n8oa8cJn8N1sscln5o1_250.giftumblr_n8oa8cJn8N1sscln5o2_250.gif

tumblr_n8oa8cJn8N1sscln5o3_250.giftumblr_n8oa8cJn8N1sscln5o4_250.gif

She is blatantly hot for Shirley just look at her checking him out on the upper right gif, undressing him with her eyes. Must be special for a woman to be with a world champion and a nation's hero. Must be even more special to be one.

But anyway, it might just be a knee-jerk by me, but Schürrle > Willian anyone? Tbh I thought that towards the end of last season as well, because Willian was barely producing anything, but I kept my opinion fairly quiet because I wasn't too sure about Andre either (especially since he's not a RW and a certain Eden plays in his natural position). But now, knee-jerk or not, I want our world champ to play moar!

I feel it boils down to initial perception or first impression and how people often find it difficult to shake it off and change their opinion of a player. Schurrle to them as always been a back up player to Hazard at Chelsea and some may find it difficult to accept his promotion to the starting 11.

It's the same with regular starters, It will take an awful lot to convince people that a regular starter is no longer good enough or deserving of the status and should be relegated to a squad player. Some were still defending Torres and considered him still good enough to start regularly despite 18 months of awful and inconsistent performances.

perception is everything.

No, every player has gone through these perception changes except for Hazard. Schürrle was God when he scored 2 times against Stoke and subsequently panned for his dreadful performance against Southampton away. He was severly criticised in the first half against fulham away before he did a complete change-around in the second half and scored a Hattrick. He ended the season fairly without any standout performances (except against Atletico).

People just have short memories, and to most people players are just as good as their last match. Look at Willian, he carried us against Stoke at home, and created the first goal against Atletico Madrid in our second CL semi-leg. He did his job, but we we're out because of an unfit (and uncaring?) Hazard. As a follow up he has a bad game against Sunderland i believe, and he was getting panned again. People also forgot that he was vital in our win against Liverpool away.

Hazard is the only player that get's sugar coated, aside from Oscar he also had a fairly bad end of the season (and WC). He does get criticism from time to time, but most people ignore it. My only hope with Hazard is that he changes his mentality because to me he still acts like a kid without a care in the world.

Schürrle played his heart out in this WC and rightly so get's the praise that he deserves, but he'll get panned again by the same people that praise him when he has a bad month.

Ill judge our players again when i've seen em play this season, instead of giving them a starting spot before they played a single minute in our pre-season.

Was completely brilliant in the matches i have seen him in, and the possibility of him bringing that form into the new season is mouth-watering!!

he was doing the same thing with us. difference is, we didnt have schweinsteiger/kroos/özil etc. to see his runs and pass the ball to him. his assist was brilliant though. very good player which was underrated by a lot of our players.