André Schürrle

BlueLion.

While he had all those shots on target throughout the match, the one thing I was begging for him to do all game was to actually run at his full-back and do what he normally does for Chelsea when playing on the left wing...instead of passing the ball back to the center or waiting for some overlapping support...

And surely enough, in ET he finally does attack and runs out wide, and comes up with the one of the best chances in the entire game...

But all the same really happy for him..most of the attention was on Goetze, but it was good to see him get mobbed by his team-mates at the end, especially Klose..

I will e-slap whoever still considers him a mere squad player for Chelsea. he's comfortably ahead of Oscar and willian and congrats to him. He deserved it.

While he is a brilliant option of the bench he has more than proved his worth when starting matches. Hatrick against Fulham for a start, 2 excellent goals against Stoke and a very good finish against PSG. He is a big game player. I don't think it is picked up on a lot but his finishing with his 'weaker' foot is excellent. Just look at his goal for Germany against Brazil for a start which is up there for goal of the tournament. His assist for the winning goal for Germany in the final was with his weaker foot. When we lost to Stoke 3-2 last season both goals were from Schurrle on his left foot and they were fantastic finishes. The 3-1 victory at Craven Cottage when he scored a hattrick, at least 2 of his goals were well executed finishes with his left foot,

Very valuable player and when you have a player who is able to score goals from the offset or as a sub and is adapt on either foot I would definitely count him as an important first team player, especially if you also consider some of the key/big games his goals have came in.