Surprising Facts About You

Azpinator

I'm a Theology major (sophomore year)

That I did not see coming!

Half the people I know say I'm rude and unapproachable while the other half say I'm too nice. Make up your mind, people! :P

Even though I post here a lot, in person I am very quite. I sometimes go a whole day literally without saying a single word.

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That I did not see coming!

Half the people I know say I'm rude and unapproachable while the other half say I'm too nice. Make up your mind, people! :P

Even though I post here a lot, in person I am very quite. I sometimes go a whole day literally without saying a single word.

well I am very Christian after all. My faith - not my religion - is something I take very seriously.

And some of my students are Christians for almost twice my age, I have to prepare myself. So in addition to Advertising and Marketing; and Pedagogy (tomorrow is my last class!) I'm also going to have a Theology major in a couple of years, if I persevere :P

I love studying.

well I am very Christian after all. My faith - not my religion - is something I take very seriously.

And some of my students are Christians for almost twice my age, I have to prepare myself. So in addition to Advertising and Marketing; and Pedagogy (tomorrow is my last class!) I'm also going to have a Theology major in a couple of years, if I persevere :P

I love studying.

I'd love to major in theology, or any other branch of philosophy for that matter, though theology and epistemology draw me the most. I wanted to major in philosophy when I finished high school but everyone said I should study something more 'practical'.

I love your attitude, btw :)

I'd love to major in theology, or any other branch of philosophy for that matter, though theology and epistemology draw me the most. I wanted to major in philosophy when I finished high school but everyone said I should study something more 'practical'.

I love your attitude, btw :)

I took minors in my majors - as the colleges I went to had subjects we could specialize and choose (not very common in Brazil unfortunately)

In the first I took philosophy, history of art and psychology minors - especially history of art and psychology (I went the greater lengths to have both), I also specialized in creative writing inside Advertising because as I said the other day I can't draw stick people properly, so creating visual ads and videos would never be my thing. In Pedagogy I took yet another Psychology minor and parallel to that I had a specialization on children's behavior, temperament and character formation.

Philosophy is great as well as history of art, I'm very happy with studying both, but psychology was my fave.

You could take shorter specialization courses in the area if you want. It's really, really interesting. I recommend.

And thanks for liking the attitude (not sure which part of it you mean :P)

ps.: I'm out of likes again. I'll come back to your post later ;)

What happened? Pen ran out of ink?

their printer wasn't working :P

Nah its really that I would have had to train 5 days a week at their training complex which is almost 1 hour away and I didn't want to give up my education, social life, friends etc. to train for 5 years and probably just get released in the end or never make it at a high level

I took minors in my majors - as the colleges I went to had subjects we could specialize and choose (not very common in Brazil unfortunately)

In the first I took philosophy, history of art and psychology minors - especially history of art and psychology (I went the greater lengths to have both), I also specialized in creative writing inside Advertising because as I said the other day I can't draw stick people properly, so creating visual ads and videos would never be my thing. In Pedagogy I took yet another Psychology minor and parallel to that I had a specialization on children's behavior, temperament and character formation.

Philosophy is great as well as history of art, I'm very happy with studying both, but psychology was my fave.

You could take shorter specialization courses in the area if you want. It's really, really interesting. I recommend.

And thanks for liking the attitude (not sure which part of it you mean :P)

ps.: I'm out of likes again. I'll come back to your post later ;)

That sounds very interesting Barbara. I must admit I'm a little jealous of you right now! :) Here majors are more 'rigid' and the whole university experience is very different much more similar to school, tbh. Even majors like psychology and philosophy are more abut memorizing than analyzing and thinking.

PS: I meant your attitude of going for several degrees and your love of studying. I hope I can do the same and continue studying different majors once I finish my current engineering major.

That sounds very interesting Barbara. I must admit I'm a little jealous of you right now! :) Here majors are more 'rigid' and the whole university experience is very different much more similar to school, tbh. Even majors like psychology and philosophy are more abut memorizing than analyzing and thinking.

PS: I meant your attitude of going for several degrees and your love of studying. I hope I can do the same and continue studying different majors once I finish my current engineering major.

yeah but my majors are all in areas much lighter than engineering. Engineering is tough man - I'm sure you agree - so you have to focus on that, there isn't much time to focus on something else.

I'd recommend the extension and specialization courses then... when you have your major you can take as many of those as you want.

I'm sure you can find those there ;)

their printer wasn't working :P

Nah its really that I would have had to train 5 days a week at their training complex which is almost 1 hour away and I didn't want to give up my education, social life, friends etc. to train for 5 years and probably just get released in the end or never make it at a high level

Fun fact: Ribery was released from the Lille academy after suffering a broken elbow and that Lille officials had previously wanted to drop him from the academy for being "too small".

I guess that inspired him to work harder.

I cheated in my French GCSE by printing off my entire coursework in a microscopic font and glueing it to my ruler, so that in the exam I just copied off it. I'm just surprised no-one thought 100% in an exam was a bit suspicious! :lol:

tumblr_lq04qgqhod1qcf0mo.gif

EDIT - I also have an obsession with Thor GIFs.

I cheated in my French GCSE by printing off my entire coursework in a microscopic font and glueing it to my ruler, so that in the exam I just copied off it. I'm just surprised no-one thought 100% in an exam was a bit suspicious! :lol:

tumblr_lq04qgqhod1qcf0mo.gif

EDIT - I also have an obsession with Thor GIFs.

But why were you allowed to have a ruler on a French exam? :blink:

One for the Polish guys here. When i was playing a match in my hometown we played the local 'veterans'. I had to mark Wlodek Lubanski. Best Polish player ever - made it to the wold team with Cruyff and Pele. While he was almost 50 and i was 17, he scored 5 goals against me and made a fool out of me like there was no tomorrow. I drove him home (in Lokeren) and we had a beer. He said i was fast, strong, but sucked way too much anyway to make it pro :-)

One for the Polish guys here. When i was playing in Lokeren uefa's we played the 'veterans'. I had to mark Wlodek Lubanski. Best Polish player ever - made it to the wold team with Cruyff and Pele. While he was almost 50 and i was 17, he scored 5 goals against me and mde a fool out of me like there is no tomorrow. I drove him home (in Lokeren) and we had a beer. He said i was fast, strong, but sucked too much anyway to make it pro :-)

Drinking beer at 17? Now what kind of example are you setting for all the kids here, Tom?! :o

:P