Best Formation for current Chelsea Squad?

I think 4-2-3-1 is our best formation, because Mata and Hazard work better with it.

Also, by the rumors, Jose is looking for a ST, RW, DM and CB. Which fits the bill for a 4-2-3-1 formation plan...

Out of seven or I don't know how many trophies, we managed to win fucking ONE with that formation. How could you be so sure that they wouldn't play the same way in 4-3-3 or in 4-4-2 or even in 3-5-2 ? We haven't tried them yet.

#Rafayelpls :P

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Out of seven or I don't know how many trophies, we managed to win fucking ONE with that formation. How could you be so sure that they wouldn't play the same way in 4-3-3 or in 4-4-2 or even in 3-5-2 ? We haven't tried them yet.

#Rafayelpls :P

4-3-3: Where would Mata play?

4-4-2: We struggled to get one good striker last season, how exactly do you plan on playing with 2?

3-5-2: Same problem with the 2 strikers. Plus, 3 on the back, really?

4-4-2: We struggled to get one good striker last season, how exactly do you plan on playing with 2?

1) He would be our third striker but in the middle, so he could even fall back.

2) We were far better when we played both Ba and Torres together.

3) Mikel doesn't do anything, Lamps doesn't help in defending so yesh its the same thing :P

Plus with Hulk and Hazard wide, we could totally shut our fullbacks from going forward, they would be a good cover :P

I KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT :P

EDITEDDDDDDD

Edited by Backstreet09

He would be our third striker but in the middle, so he could even fall back.

We were far better when we played both Ba and Torres together.

Mikel doesn't do anything, Lamps doesn't help in defending so yesh its the same thing :P

Plus with Hulk and Hazard wide, we could totally shut our fullbacks from going forward, they would be a good cover :P

I KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT :P

:carlo:

I swear I didnt understand one single thing of what you tried to say mate! :lol:

That's the most insulting thing I've ever heard, do you even know how many brain cells I fucked up there lol.

Well Corrected it, so read it again not for me, for mila kunis lol.

:carlo: Kinda obvious where... RW ofcourse.

CM: He doesn't defend enough to please Mourinho there and he doesn't really have the body type to be able to handle the physicality...

RW: He isnt half as effective on the RW as in other areas of the pitch. Can he play there? Of course, but he wont be the Mata we all know!

So I will ask again, where would Mata play on a 4-3-3 and be just as good?

CM: He doesn't defend enough to please Mourinho there and he doesn't really have the body type to be able to handle the physicality...

RW: He isnt half as effective on the RW as in other areas of the pitch. Can he play there? Of course, but he wont be the Mata we all know!

AS ONE OF THE THREE STRIKERS BUT IN THE MIDDLE :P

Agree on the CM he just doesn't have the stamina to play there but disagree on the RW.

Imo a lot of people are exaggerating the amount of influence Mata would lose by playing there.

It's not like he'll suddenly turn into a pub player if we put him on the wing.

Also people are soley crediting his increase in goals and assists to him playing on the AM pos. which is wrong imo.

We have to take into account that this season he wasn't our only creative player. He had Hazard and Oscar in support which relieved some pressure off of him and gave him more space to work with.

I think that playing the 4-2-3-1 just because of Mata would hold our team back.

Mata might lose a bit of influence but not as much as some people want to believe.

Agree on the CM he just doesn't have the stamina to play there but disagree on the RW.

Imo a lot of people are exaggerating the amount of influence Mata would lose by playing there.

Also people are soley crediting his increase in goals and assists to him playing on the AM pos. which is wrong imo.

We have to take into account that this season he wasn't our only creative player. He had Hazard and Oscar in support which relieved some pressure off of him and gave him more space to work with.

Mata might lose a bit of influence but not as much as some people want to believe.

YUSSSSS, I don't think if we would change our gameplay(that totally revolve around Mata and where we don't even have a fucking plan B )to something else (that would revolve around our whole team) would damage us, We would only get better.

People need to understand that Mata is not Messi or Ronaldo, he very well be Worldclass but you can't have your whole gameplay depending on one single player. How many times we got fucked when mata was not playing? Everysingle time. How many times we got fucked when mata was isolated, everysingle time.

We can't win trophies like that none can.

Exactly. Mata would lose a bit of effectiveness...but changing formations would make the "team" stronger on the whole.

Playing 4-3-3 is the way to go.

It would help Oscar become more influential as a CM & we'd probably be able to get the best out of Rambo.

We struggled last season because we had no striker and no right winger (not counting the pivot's major problems). Buying the right players, makes 4-2-3-1 balanced enough.

Also, you dont make your best players adjust to the team, but the team adjust to the best players. Hazard, Mata and Cavani/Lukaku are better with a line of three attacking players + a target man than with three lines of three players.

If we change it to 4-3-3, it will be a longer period for everyone to adjust to it!

We struggled last season because we had no striker and no right winger (not counting the pivot's major problems). Buying the right players, makes 4-2-3-1 balanced enough.

Also, you dont make your best players adjust to the team, but the team adjust to the best players. Hazard, Mata and Cavani/Lukaku are better with a line of three attacking players + a target man than with three lines of three players.

If we change it to 4-3-3, it will be a longer period for everyone to adjust to it!

Agree that we need to buy the right players but why the 4-2-3-1 ? It would take less buys to play the 4-3-3.

Come on, we all know that there's only 1 player that benefits from the 4-2-3-1 and that's Mata. Hazard, Cavani and Lukaku aren't going to be effected that much.

Yes you build your team around your best players, plural not just 1 player.

Hazard played a 4-3-3 with Lille so he knows the formation. Ramires knows it,Mikel knows it, Lampard knows it, our entire defense, apart from ,Azpi knows it.

Over half our team has more then enough experience playing the 4-3-3 so it won't be such a big adjustement.

Also, you dont make your best players adjust to the team, but the team adjust to the best players.

Excellent post. I keep hearing let's play this formation or that so we can get the best out of kdb/Oscar. I really2 like both player but nobody do that. Clearly our best player is mata. Defensively mata is awful but he is absolutely central in the way we play. It is so obvious that he is our chief playmaker and we want him to get the ball as much as we can and in the middle is where he is best suited. So I think a flexible 4231 is still our best option

Agree that we need to buy the right players but why the 4-2-3-1 ? It would take less buys to play the 4-3-3.

Come on, we all know that there's only 1 player that benefits from the 4-2-3-1 and that's Mata. Hazard, Cavani and Lukaku aren't going to be effected that much.

Yes you build your team around your best players, plural not just 1 player.

Hazard played a 4-3-3 with Lille so he knows the formation. Ramires knows it,Mikel knows it, Lampard knows it, our entire defense, apart from ,Azpi knows it.

Over half our team has more then enough experience playing the 4-3-3 so it won't be such a big adjustement.

Like u said u built our team around our best playerss. Our best player are mata and hazard. One favorite position is left winger and the one is central am. So why are we playing 433 again

4-3-3

Mata Right Winger. Oscar or Ramires with Azpilicueta on the right back is good cover on the defensive side. Schürle could play there when we are playing more counter-attack with his pace.

4-3-3 for me would be the best formation for the majority of our squad.

Oscar and KDB would be the two most advanced midfielders, perhaps not in the beginning but after a period of special tactical training I could see KDB in this spot. We have Ramires and Lampard who are also better in a three man midfield.

We only need a big signing for the defensive midfield, we have Romeu Mikel, Ake as squad rotation option.

For me 4-3-3 would offer more options and flexibility, The two more advanced positions of the midfield three can have many game options depending on the opponent in additon to the left and right wing.

With the 4-2-3-1, there are less option i think.