• Moses
    • Hazard
    • Ramires
    • Torres
    • Oscar(sub)
    • Mata(sub)
    • Ake(sub)

No idea what you're saying.

Was anyone able to see that ball control by Mata? I missed it and I can't find anything either.

Ohhh... I'm just trying to say that from the beginning i meant that i heard many jose chants...

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah, completely unintentional. It was unfortunate but not a red card.

unintentional but very very dangerous... gaitan was facing the ball (and the defender) and would definitely have seen the defender coming. there was no way he could have got the volley going but still made his shot... this is exactly the kind of dangerous plays which should be red-carded...

Why did Luiz look so high/sad/depressed/cant be bothered in that interview?

Maybe because of the fact that we could've been in the CL final instead.

Hopefully people have started to realize Luiz is one of our best players, and those defensive woes are rarely actually his fault, so he needs to stop being the punching bag of our rants. Hes honestly one of the best in the world at what he does, and that's a lot of things. There is a reason a team like Barcelona wanted him.

So, what can I say here ? I am very pleased to see Chelsea being in another final. Not the strongest competition but still in the final.

After this season of inconsistency, the team have a chance to win another trophy to their repertoire.

For a while, I was worried but then Chelsea just turned it on & outplayed Basel easily.

A stunning goal by Luiz, another show piece by him. This kid has such a fine kicking technique, it´s amazing to see.

Benfica won´t be an easy opponent. However, knowing Chelsea they won´t lose in the final.

Now, just beat Manure, Spurs, Aston, Everton & we may say, the season was not such a waste as I thought a couple of months ago.

Easy to say now, but I never felt we were in that much danger. We were coasting for much of the match and stepped up a gear (literally in Hazard's case) and went off into the distance. I really don't know how this team gave Spurs so much trouble in both legs to be quite honest.

It was another performance where we actually looked like a team, where the defence was connected to the midfield and the midfield was connected to the attack and I think Rafa deserves some credit for that. Cahill looked good in defence, but Ivanovic got caught out for the goal. Azpi is getting back to his best after that dip in form too. The two main guys were Luiz and Hazard though - the former's goal was absolutely sensational but what I was impressed with was his restraint throughout the match. Before his goal he managed to perform his normal duties without getting into trouble, although once we were three goals clear he really did hold a lot back and I wasn't at all surprised to see him hoof the ball out when Ake was ready to come on. Between his goal and coming off, he was making sure he was about 2 yards away from any possible contact with a Basel player which is understandable because I would have been devastated if he had missed out.

Hazard provided the difference though and was MOTM in my book. Just such a special player and I'm so excited to see him kick on from this season now that he's got experience of the league.

But yeah, another final and a trip to Amsterdam. Got a chance to display my geographical ignorance when trying to work out how to make the journey by road when I suggested it might be thousands of miles away. Turns out it's about as far away as Newcastle....thank god for Google Maps otherwise I'd probably get lost going to the corner shop.

BTW, how the fuck do UEFA work out that less than 10,000 tickets is acceptable? Twats.