TC choice Chelsea player of the year

Player of the season  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your player of the season?

I don't get the Azpilicueta love. He had a solid debut season, and he's still quite young for a fullback so improvement is quite likely, but he wasn't anywhere close to being player of the season. He was about a league-average RB. Certainly someone it looks like Chelsea can pencil in for regular playing time for years, but player of the year?

He's instrumental for our attack. I know that it doesn't show much, but he's consistently our player with the most touches on the ball each match and often the most passes as well. His movement is amazing for his age; he's always available for the pass and provides an outlet for other players. Been solid in defense and also adds quite a lot on the ball as well.

When you consider his age and the fact that is his first season in the EPL, he's definitely worth a shout for player of the season, imo, at least.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mehh.

Poll isn't and wasn't ever gonna be close... Next season i think there could be a few names, and unlike this year there perhaps won't be a clear winner.

Luiz has probably been most improved imo, as has been excellent this season, and a lot better than last season.

Azpi has been our Value buy, as he has done very well. Today's game being an excelllent example of that.

Hazard has been best newcomer. Big price tag, promised much and in his first season in the prem he has delivered, and its hopefully only up from here.

Spot on. Azpi gets love because of what he represents - a young, unproven, cheap buy who becomes a first-teamer. A unheralded guy with a great attitude that we help make a star.

Not player of the year but an important example of what this club should be trying to do in future.

Cech or Azpi. Have both been our best players. In fact I think Cech has been our best player for like the last 3 or 4 years due to his consistency and impressive performances in massive games.

Sure you could say Mata or Hazard but both have been extremely inconsistent so I'm going to say Cech due to his consistency.

Everyone seems to forget about Cech....

Cech for me. Always on form, consistent as shit. Even when our defence turns to shit, I don't mind cause I know Cech is there. Saved our arses so many times!

But mata will win it. Outstanding player that orchestrates everything.

Certainly Mata for me. Hazard second but his efficiency dropped as his level of fitness did whereas due to Mata's different style he managed to be consistently brilliant.

Probably not important but I can't see the reasoning behind Luiz being on the list. He's been diabolical in some games and Benitez's attempts at playing him at CM(/DM) must be the most frustrating managerial experiment since Anelka's deep midfield-winger role.

It's a matter of opinion, but I don't think anyone would have even considered Rami for player of the season 2-3 months ago. In fact, people were calling for his head and wanted him sold in the summer (that is not my opinion, I'm just saying..)

To be fair - that was when Ramy was being used as a Right Winger!!! :)

To be fair - that was when Ramy was being used as a Right Winger!!! :)

That's not entirely accurate because Robbie also used him in the pivot next to Lamps and Mikel in several occasions but he was just off form at the start of the season, imo.

David Luiz for me. He has become our best defender this season, at the same time as showing the ability to do a job in midfield when we need him to. He has contributed some brilliant goals to the cause (the free-kicks against Nordsjaelland and Villa, and the screamer against Fulham immediately spring to mind) and has become an important cog in our attacking machine.

But the main reason why I voted him is his on-the-pitch commitment. Even when he has a (very rare) bad game, you can say he tried his best. He gives 110% in every game, and bleeds blue - he cries when we lose and he jumps around with delight when we win. It's like having a fan play for us. He's also a wonderful human being, and definitely a contender for the armband. Absolute geezer and fast becoming one of my favourites at the club. I still do have my doubts about him as he can still be somewhat erratic, but, on the whole, he's had a top, top season.

Mata- Only solid consistent performer for me, that doesn't mean others haven't had their moments but too many have peaked and then dropped off a lot. David Luiz has been great lately but he suffered from a massive dip in form and basics went missing.

Mata is a just a joy to watch, absolute joy. And when he isn't there it is clear how good his first touch is just by watching others needing two touches to get it under control when it takes him one and that leads to an assist.

Top class footballer.

You can't look beyond Mata, there are others who have performed well; Luiz and Cech spring to mind. But this guy is world class week in week out. When he's missing from the side we are simply not the same team. I can see him winning the aware for the next few years as well, a brilliant signing and crucial player.

I'd give Hazard young player of the year. He suffered a massive dip from November to February but if he can continue his form of the last 2 months into next year he can win us the title. Would also like to see a bit more passion from him as well. Not too keen on the fact that he doesn't celebrate when others score important goals.....another plus about Mata, he doesn't care who scores as long as they're important goals.