• Ba
    • Torres(sub)
    • Benayoun(sub)
    • Lampard(sub)

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wasn't a great performance but perhaps it was understandable given it was our 4th game in 9 days! Nonetheless, we pick up a big big 3 points, which is the only thing that matters at this stage of the season.

Fuck I love the league! So much excitement, ups and downs. This battle for fourth cant get anymore close!

I think it'll be decided by our game with spuds.

Please rafa, just don't do anything you'd normally do and we'll be sweet.

the "get out" part was for this instant and the starting XI, not out of the squad to be sold. we have tons of dead wood in the squad that needs to be chipped off but oscar's not it.

but as far as his performances are concerned, he has been average this season on the whole. do see potential in him but to be honest, after watching 4-5 games of werder bremen, i feel KDB could have done a better job.

i might be willing to overlook the performances and give him the benefit of doubt as its his 1st PL season and he is only 20 years old, but sometimes its his attitude which bugs me. even if mata and hazard have bad days (like today), u ll still see them in the center of things, TRYING to make things happen where as oscar just rolls over and does not try to assert himself.

he has a long long way to go yet.

A good comparison is with Coutinho 20 years old and a Brazilian. In January this year Liverpool bought him for 8 + million pounds from InterMilan on Rafa's recommendation. (Oscar was 20 + million). He has only played about 7/8 games has scored 2 goals and has about 5 assists. He is far more incisive than Oscar, some of his passes into the box are out of this world and he is not afraid to shoot. He is fast and direct. He runs with the ball at his feet and usually beats his man. His passes are hard and accurate. He rarely loses the ball.

In contrast, Oscar runs badly with the ball at his feet, does not have many ideas about beating a man and very frequently gives the ball away to the opposition allowing them to counteract when Chelsea is stretched. He is not a genuine playmaker his passes are soft and hit and miss. When all is going well and he has plenty of space and is not being pressured by defenders, he can swing in a good kick. He has flashes of promise but altogether is not good enough yet.

A good comparison is with Coutinho 20 years old and a Brazilian. In January this year Liverpool bought him for 8 + million pounds from InterMilan on Rafa's recommendation. (Oscar was 20 + million). He has only played about 7/8 games has scored 2 goals and has about 5 assists. He is far more incisive than Oscar, some of his passes into the box are out of this world and he is not afraid to shoot. He is fast and direct. He runs with the ball at his feet and usually beats his man. His passes are hard and accurate. He rarely loses the ball.

In contrast, Oscar runs badly with the ball at his feet, does not have many ideas about beating a man and very frequently gives the ball away to the opposition allowing them to counteract when Chelsea is stretched. He is not a genuine playmaker his passes are soft and hit and miss. When all is going well and he has plenty of space and is not being pressured by defenders, he can swing in a good kick. He has flashes of promise but altogether is not good enough yet.

This RAWK troll has some stamina I'll give him that.

Definitely a Liverpool fan.

Tell me then, why does Oscar start for Brazil whilst Coutinho isn't even near breaking through to the Brazilian NT?

Coutinho (2) has more goals than Oscar (1) but Oscar has 4 assists where as Coutinho has 3 in the PL. The difference is Oscar has played 28 PL games (19 starts, 9 sub appearances) and Coutinho has played 7 since he signed (6 starts, 1 sub apperance) but you have to remember Liverpool have scored 28 goals since the arrival of Coutinho where as Chelsea have scored 22 goals since he arrived. Coutinho has started every game for Liverpool since his move where as Oscar has also been rotated in and out of the team.

As a footballer I'd personally say Oscar edges it in terms of ability but hes not used to the rigors of a 50-60 game season where as Coutinho has played for Inter since he was 18, experiencing CL football for a few years and 50 games a season before even though he was loaned out to Espanyol half way through last year. Both are great prospects, I've followed Coutinho since Rafa gave him his debut at Inter, he was one of the better young players in Europe at that time before he lost his form due to injuries and managerial changes. Oscar has been good for us this year but is tired and failing to play well every week and the fact hes being moved to the right to compensate for Mata doesn't help. He needs to play centrally for us to see the best of him as he isn't quite as explosive as Coutinho is. The two years of European experience Coutinho has gives him a slightly advantage in terms of fitness and physicality of the European game compared to the South American game.

Oscar will be the better player though. Just give him time. His all round game is better than Coutinho's. Oscar has incredible footballing intelligence, which I feel Coutinho doesn't have. He also doesn't or didn't at Inter, work hard enough out of possession where as Oscar as we've seen against countless times, does work off the ball when he loses it.

Definitely a Liverpool fan.

Tell me then, why does Oscar start for Brazil whilst Coutinho isn't even near breaking through to the Brazilian NT?

You are wrong. Coutinho has "broken through" to the senior national team of Brazil as well as for the Under 20 and Under 17 teams. I suppose you mean why Oscar has had 14 more games than Coutinho for the senior team? I guess the answer is that Oscar got more club games in his home Brazilian league than Coutihno got in the Italian league where he was transferred when he was 18. Or it may be that the NT had a vacancy for somebody playing Oscar's position but not for Coutinho's position on the right wing.

It's got nothing to do with the point I made - Coutinho, who was less than half the cost of Oscar in the PL, is doing better since January 2012 than Oscar for all the reasons I gave in my post.

I've explained several times how long I have supported Chelsea - and it is much longer than you. Why can't you accept that your twisted attitude to the Chelsea manager is not representative of all Chelsea supporters.

You are wrong. Coutinho has "broken through" to the senior national team of Brazil as well as for the Under 20 and Under 17 teams. I suppose you mean why Oscar has had 14 more games than Coutinho for the senior team? I guess the answer is that Oscar got more club games in his home Brazilian league than Coutihno got in the Italian league where he was transferred when he was 18. Or it may be that the NT had a vacancy for somebody playing Oscar's position but not for Coutinho's position on the right wing.

It's got nothing to do with the point I made - Coutinho, who was less than half the cost of Oscar in the PL, is doing better since January 2012 than Oscar for all the reasons I gave in my post.

I've explained several times how long I have supported Chelsea - and it is much longer than you. Why can't you accept that your twisted attitude to the Chelsea manager is not representative of all Chelsea supporters.

Wrong. Coutinho is also a #10 but plays as a winger for Liverpool. Like Hazard is a #10 but is playing as a winger for us. Coutinho isn't rated as highly as Oscar. He may be playing better but hes NOT the better player. Coutinho has rarely broken through for the Selecao, he has 1 cap which he gained in 2010 in a bounce game against Iran. Oscar has more senior NT caps and U20 caps than him for a reason.

Wait, Cou is better than Oscar because he has better stats?Does that mean cesc is better than xavi and iniesta too?Oscar is a better footballer than coutinho,we can get back to this discussion when Coutinho destroys a team like juve or becomes one of the best international footy players like Oscar currently.

I have no idea why you think I have some sort of twisted attitude towards Benitez - I don't really slag him off or anything. I haven't once said Rafa should leave prematurely; I've actually argued that he should stay till the end of the season as I think it'll actually be unhealthy for the club to have an interim-interim manager. Sure I criticise his managerial decisions and validly so. I just don't think Benitez is the right man to take CFC forward at all due to the animosity he has with the fans. I never wanted him here to begin with.

Just because I criticise your posts and your blind love for Benitez, Torres and everything Liverpool related doesn't mean you can automatically assume that I have a twisted attitude towards the manager. Not once have I said that my opinion represents the Chelsea community.

You can say how you've been a Chelsea fan longer than me for all you want but I genuinely don't believe you, nor does the majority of the forum, simply because whenever you post it's either Torres, Benitez or Liverpool related. Never ever have I seen you post anything that doesn't have anything to do with the three aforementioned. We are on the internet anyway, anyone can pretend about their lives. If that's what you have to do just to post about your Benitez/Torres/Liverpool love-in on a CFC forum then its simply not my problem but yours, I really don't care about your own self-delusion.

I'm not buying that. It's pretty blatant you have a hard on for Rafa and Torres or anything Liverpool related. However if are in fact a Chelsea supporter then I think you need to seek professional help.

Coutinho (2) has more goals than Oscar (1) but Oscar has 4 assists where as Coutinho has 3 in the PL. The difference is Oscar has played 28 PL games (19 starts, 9 sub appearances) and Coutinho has played 7 since he signed (6 starts, 1 sub apperance) but you have to remember Liverpool have scored 28 goals since the arrival of Coutinho where as Chelsea have scored 22 goals since he arrived. Coutinho has started every game for Liverpool since his move where as Oscar has also been rotated in and out of the team.

As a footballer I'd personally say Oscar edges it in terms of ability but hes not used to the rigors of a 50-60 game season where as Coutinho has played for Inter since he was 18, experiencing CL football for a few years and 50 games a season before even though he was loaned out to Espanyol half way through last year. Both are great prospects, I've followed Coutinho since Rafa gave him his debut at Inter, he was one of the better young players in Europe at that time before he lost his form due to injuries and managerial changes. Oscar has been good for us this year but is tired and failing to play well every week and the fact hes being moved to the right to compensate for Mata doesn't help. He needs to play centrally for us to see the best of him as he isn't quite as explosive as Coutinho is. The two years of European experience Coutinho has gives him a slightly advantage in terms of fitness and physicality of the European game compared to the South American game.

Oscar will be the better player though. Just give him time. His all round game is better than Coutinho's. Oscar has incredible footballing intelligence, which I feel Coutinho doesn't have. He also doesn't or didn't at Inter, work hard enough out of possession where as Oscar as we've seen against countless times, does work off the ball when he loses it.

I agree that Oscar has qualities and as I said in my original note I believe he will be better in a year or two. The issues are really whether he is a play maker and whether he should be a starter for Chelsea. You make the point that it his play-making that gives him the edge over Coutinho. Coutinho has been used as a winger but I am always delighted when at LFC or Inter he made such decisive - Barcelona like passes in or near the box - and how defences panic when he moves insider and runs at them. He also has a great shot, including a very short backlift and great control. Inter make a lot of bad decisions and selling him to LFC was one of them, especially at such a relatively low price. He should be at Chelsea. Oscar looks good but is ineffective most of the time. He catches the eye with some good goals, but he is supposed to be a playmaker. As I said, he gives the ball away too much.

I'm not buying that. It's pretty blatant you have a hard on for Rafa and Torres or anything Liverpool related. However if are in fact a Chelsea supporter then I think you need to seek professional help.

Yawn!

I have no idea why you think I have some sort of twisted attitude towards Benitez - I don't really slag him off or anything. I haven't once said Rafa should leave prematurely; I've actually argued that he should stay till the end of the season as I think it'll actually be unhealthy for the club to have an interim-interim manager. Sure I criticise his managerial decisions and validly so. I just don't think Benitez is the right man to take CFC forward at all due to the animosity he has with the fans. I never wanted him here to begin with.

Just because I criticise your posts and your blind love for Benitez, Torres and everything Liverpool related doesn't mean you can automatically assume that I have a twisted attitude towards the manager. Not once have I said that my opinion represents the Chelsea community.

You can say how you've been a Chelsea fan longer than me for all you want but I genuinely don't believe you, nor does the majority of the forum, simply because whenever you post it's either Torres, Benitez or Liverpool related. Never ever have I seen you post anything that doesn't have anything to do with the three aforementioned. We are on the internet anyway, anyone can pretend about their lives. If that's what you have to do just to post about your Benitez/Torres/Liverpool love-in on a CFC forum then its simply not my problem but yours, I really don't care about your own self-delusion.

Most of your statement are factually innacurate so I won't take them seriously. Read my posts carefully if you care so much about what I think. You can't have it both ways- either my support for the Chelsea manager and Torres is blind - according to you - or I am posting a lot of facts and arguments in support of them. Which is it?

I started posting on here when I saw how much ignorant crap there was totally false stories about Rafa, viscous insults about Torres And since it comes down to believing or not believing what a poster says I don't believe you don't have a twisted attitude. Why do you get so upset on a Chelsea forum when someone supports the Chelsea manager and main striker?

As for what most of the forum thinks why don't you let them speak for themselves? Some agree with me. I'd like to hear how the antiRafa brigade explain their agenda now that they know that Rafa never said the things they attributed to him. How about an admission if not an apology. How do they justify the stress they placed on the manager and team by their childish insults at Stamford Bridge, Japan, two European cities, Newcastle, Sunderland and Old Trafford. It was disgusting.

In my opinion there are too many Mourinho groupies floating around who allowed him to lead them by the nose about Rafa in the past and who blindly follow every little piece of bait Mourinho and his little gang plant in the media. Get over it - he was sacked by Chelsea for very good reasons just as he will be sacked by Real Madrid and he is not coming back to Chelsea even if he can't get his preferred job in Germany, Paris and Manchester.