Should we put our faith in the youth?

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you be more specific?

Are you asking if we should stop buying so much and give them opportunities or are you asking whether we should promote them, do nothing else and start next season with our current squad?

Who is this Feruz chap? I keep hearing his name but haven't even seen him play. Is he so good that people consider him a definite first team player without even having made a debut?

Think it is due to him being highly overhyped because of how shit Torres is.

It is very important that we look at the resources at hand before making buys and based on that we shape out the future. When we have spend so much money in building our infrastructure, it is important that we start putting our faith into the product.

Let's not go after insane signing just because Roman has the money, rather we need to do some smart buy along with the integration of the deserving youths into the first team.

However first and foremost get in a manager who is given the power to run things because everything is based on his philosophy.

Can you be more specific?

Are you asking if we should stop buying so much and give them opportunities or are you asking whether we should promote them, do nothing else and start next season with our current squad?

Bring them all back for next season and include them in first team plans. We need a deep-lying playmaker like Modric or Benat and Josh isn't ready so we'd need to go into the market, but for the replacement for Mikel we could go with Chalobah.

Up front rather than going after Falcao we could go with Lukaku, Bent and either one other who can play on the wings as well, or maybe even include Feruz.

De Bruyne instead of Isco, and maybe even look at bringing Courtois into the fold and cashing in on Petr. We're in transition so now is as good a time as any to cut ties with the past an build something new.

Think it is due to him being highly overhyped because of how shit Torres is.

Is he overhyped? He's a very, very promising youngster.

Bring them all back for next season and include them in first team plans. We need a deep-lying playmaker like Modric or Benat and Josh isn't ready so we'd need to go into the market, but for the replacement for Mikel we could go with Chalobah.

Up front rather than going after Falcao we could go with Lukaku, Bent and either one other who can play on the wings as well, or maybe even include Feruz.

De Bruyne instead of Isco, and maybe even look at bringing Courtois into the fold and cashing in on Petr. We're in transition so now is as good a time as any to cut ties with the past an build something new.

Can't KDB play as the DLP?

Not how many here make him out to be and that is partly due to how Torres is performing.

Personally its more a question of losing the 'dead wood' rather than the veterans so those names mentioned top2b can be brought in to the squad next season, Hilario, Turnbull, Benayoun, Mikel, Torres and possibly Marin (those names are just my opinion so knockers don't turn this in to another debate - thanks) You can also add Lamps to that list though that's not my choice but the clubs amongst many fans.

As i stated many times we need to appoint the right manger first and foremost, this is absolutely fundamental to our future, hopefully he will recognize the talent we have coming through and act immediately, 3 out of the those 7 are ready - the Belgium lads, it would be wrong for me to speak about Chalobah as i have not seen anything of the lad, i know you and Zola rate him very highly, the fact he is versatile adds weight to the argument especially if Jose returns. I've been very impressed with Feruz and Piazon, as for Ake he didn't look out of place at Middlesboro.

Let's face it we have been going down hill rapidly since we won the double in 2010, our performances in the Prem back this up, with the investment we have had we should not be so far behind in terms of points that we were last year and again this year. The question is, are they better than what we already have, imho yes, if we pay attention to our attack where we have been light and punchless, you cannot tell me that Lukaku, Feruz and Piazon will not improve that department, the same can be said with Courtois who would arguably get in to any other side in the world, de Bruyne will add energy and goals from Midfield and another player that is versatile.

Lastly whats the point investing all that time and dosh on our academy if we are not going to use that talent, these lads are hungry they want to make a name for themselves, i'm pretty confident you will get more commitment and passion from them than we are currently seeing from some of the older generation at the mo. We still need to go in the transfer market though, for perhaps 2 maybe 3 quality players.

Can't KDB play as the DLP?

Well at the moment he's more used to play as AM or LAM (Plays like that at werder) and Genk last years. But he might be even better as DLP, although he might need more experience first to be really relieable in such a role. In our NT he sometimes plays like that tho, and does (very) well. As long as we have lots of possesion i think we will do great then, not sure what would happen if we are having a tough time tho, he might need more getting used to it then(perhaps in pre-seaon?).

I've not seen anyone go too overboard on him. He's an exciting young talent and could be very good indeed.

Suggesting that he's ready to be first team player next season at the age of 18 with no real experience is going overboard.

As for the youth in general + new signings, an all-round midfielder (also good in tackling n stuff) might come in handy, for the rest we can solve things with our current players/players on loan i think. Signing more AM's would even do more harm than good i think... we already have 4/5 potential worldplayers on those positions.