Should we put our faith in the youth?

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Giving youth a chance here is like seeing a UFO, I'll believe it when I see it. Gourlay just announced the club will look to add a few players so I highly doubt youth is in their future. This would have been the season to do it since this club won't win jack shit. Youth so far only gets a chance when they are needed as emergency backup i.e. Bertrand and Ake. Meanwhile useless fucks who collect a paycheck with no one breathing down their necks for a place just show up on the pitch with no heart. It amazes me how much Chelsea brag about their youth winning FA Cups, knocking out Barcelona in the Nextgen series and yet they want to add more from the transfer market in the summer.

Suggesting that he's ready to be first team player next season at the age of 18 with no real experience is going overboard.

This would be how he gets experience, no?

Chalobah, Feruz, Piazon and Ake aren't ready to be part of the 1st team because 1. Their development will be hampered by not playing regularly and 2. They aren't good enough yet to start week in week out for the team.

Chalobah is good enough in my opinion. Piazon is starting games for a Malaga team who would give us a good game, whilst Ake didn't disgrace himself before although a loan might be best for him if Chalobah and De Bruyne came back.

But out of interest, why isn't Chalobah ready? What specific areas of his game do you think he need to work on?

Are we trying to do a Arsenal here ? Well that didn't work for them and I don't think it'll work for us .

Sell Torres , Buy a couple of midfielders , a solid defender and a striker and we'll be okkkayyy xD

What's doing an Arsenal? When people say that, they're usually completely wrong and don't have a clue what they mean.

Arsenal's problems weren't relying on youth - it was underinvesting in the squad, selling their best players and actually not having young players of a high enough calibre supplement the first team squad.

Now they're stuck buying players like Mertesacker, Arteta, Podolski etc.

Chalobah, Feruz, Piazon and Ake aren't ready to be part of the 1st team because 1. Their development will be hampered by not playing regularly and 2. They aren't good enough yet to start week in week out for the team.

And yet some of this current bunch IS?

This would be how he gets experience, no?

Chalobah is good enough in my opinion. Piazon is starting games for a Malaga team who would give us a good game, whilst Ake didn't disgrace himself before although a loan might be best for him if Chalobah and De Bruyne came back.

But out of interest, why isn't Chalobah ready? What specific areas of his game do you think he need to work on?

What's doing an Arsenal? When people say that, they're usually completely wrong and don't have a clue what they mean.

Arsenal's problems weren't relying on youth - it was underinvesting in the squad, selling their best players and actually not having young players of a high enough calibre supplement the first team squad.

Now they're stuck buying players like Mertesacker, Arteta, Podolski etc.

I know that right , I Used them as reference cause you're saying to do the same what arsenal did ; "Put the youths right in the team without any planning or agenda " :P

And Arteta and Podolski are great buys you know . Mertesacker is pretty decent too. Giroud was a mistake tho XD

Simply because I think he needs to be more exposed to top level football. He's got all the ingredients for a top player, he just needs to be tested at the top level at a frequent rate. I really hope Watford get promoted and keep Chalobah on loan for next season, it'll do wonders for his development rather than coming back to CFC and having the odd game here and there, he'd be starting week in week out at Watford.

And yet some of this current bunch IS?

The current bunch as in? Could you please elaborate the question?

Chelsea don't need to add more paid assassins to the roster. They need fire and soul, players who want to prove they belong on that pitch, and that comes from those players out on loan right now who will fight. Lukaku has the fire. He wants to be a Chelsea legend. But it all starts with Roman. What does HE want to do because until he fires that board and changes the culture, youth will be nothing more than an afterthought and a way to make a profit on the side to fund more paid assassins who don't give a fuck about this club just the almighty dollar like Torres that will send the next manager packing in an endless cycle.

Realistically speaking, no. You get experience in Chelsea by going on loan. preferrably 10 loans.

And then never coming back...seems to be the way it works

Course we should put faith but then shouldnt expect miracles.They'll need time to gel develop and Managers dont get that chance so probably wont happen as we'd want it to

Definitely players like chalobah,josh,KDB,lukaku,kalas and maybe even piazon(If he does well enough on loan) can play an important part in our team next season.Them and 2-3 signings with the right manager i believe we can be competitive again.

Simply because I think he needs to be more exposed to top level football. He's got all the ingredients for a top player, he just needs to be tested at the top level at a frequent rate. I really hope Watford get promoted and keep Chalobah on loan for next season, it'll do wonders for his development rather than coming back to CFC and having the odd game here and there, he'd be starting week in week out at Watford.

Sure, not including those walking out on a free, Torres for obvious reasons, then I'd sell Mikel, Ivanovic and especially Marin, who made a mistake coming here. I would recall Todd Kane, Omeruo, Chalobah, McEachran, Lukaku and KDB for starters.

Why couldn't he be starting here? If he was given a chance to fight for that DM spot, I think he'd have a good chance at winning it from Mikel or Ramires.

See this is our problem. We don't give players a chance and then say we can't because they haven't played enough. It's maddening.

Why couldn't he be starting here? If he was given a chance to fight for that DM spot, I think he'd have a good chance at winning it from Mikel or Ramires.

See this is our problem. We don't give players a chance and then say we can't because they haven't played enough. It's maddening.

Spot on you look at players like pogba,de sciglio,niang,rafael etc they never went out on loan to 10 different clubs they got a chance at their respective clubs at a young age and all of them are doing well.We should show more faith in our youngsters i am sure they wont let us down.