• Ake
    • Moses
    • Oscar
    • Benayoun
    • Torres
    • Hazard(sub)
    • Luiz(sub)
    • Marin(sub)

Good solid performance against pretty toothless opponents, but there were still bright spots. Oscar and Moses were fabulously direct, as was Hazard when he came on. Rami put in a decent shift and got the opening goal, but the standout for me was Ake. Composed but determined, he was excellent distributing the ball and worked hard in defence, cutting out a ball when the defence missed it.

It's what games like this should be used for - getting a glimpse of our exciting future and ignoring some of the more depressing aspects of the present (btw, Torres was shit).

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

About to contemplate Ake and Lukaku both starting for us one day while sitting on the toilet. It shall be enjoyable. Oh, and after this performance (Yes, I know it wasn't against Barcelona), I think Ake has already shown he deserves a loan move. I'd like him to go to Watford next season personally :D

I think we might need to keep him around to mentor Mikel. :whistling:

Why loan him out? He can compete with Lampard, Mikel,Luiz,Ramires for the spot. If we always start 2 we always need 2 backup anyhow. Plus IMO he's a better holding mid than lampard defensively

Decent performance today.I thought ramires,moses,oscar,bertrand were good but my motm was ake.He was excellent throughout the whole game and next year might be a good time to loan him out maybe to vitesse.

I'd say he's already beyond going to Vitesse and there's no permit issues. If he isn't part of the squad then he's probably good enough to go to a Premier League team, or at worst a top Championship team. Physically he seemed to cope extremely well and he's always been technically sound and beautifully composed, but it's the mental side he has to work on.

Decent performance today.I thought ramires,moses,oscar,bertrand were good but my motm was ake.He was excellent throughout the whole game and next year might be a good time to loan him out maybe to vitesse.

sorry overall performance was SHIT ..a championship team in serious decline with a number of first choice players out and we didnt look much bettert

Boro were pretty crappy and we weren't particularly shining, but did enough to win the tie, resting our key players in the same time. Oscar and Ramires and later on Hazard did the necessary in attack to secure the goals, impressive debut by Ake, another bad one for Torres. Should be noted that this is the kind of team we should play in EL from now on.

Pretty boring game but I wanted to say this -

Thank you Alex for the commenting! You made me laugh several times which was exactly what I needed during this boring game :lol:

You're welcome. The evening needed brightening up, and some good old-fashioned English piss-taking always does the trick!