Premier League Faces Hygiene Checks

Jase

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/jan/14/manchester-united-rat-hygiene-checks

An inspection of Manchester United's stadium revealed "mouse activity" which the club were advised to monitor, alongside a broken tap and flaking pipework, according to a report by fcbusiness. In response to the report, available through a Freedom of Information request, Manchester United said they had a "robust pest control system".

Meanwhile Reading risked getting entangled in a mess after food inspectors found cobwebs and dead insects in a drinks area.

The inspectors uncovered a host dubious hygiene practises in a number of other Premier League grounds, with Swansea criticised for serving pink chicken, leaving open a packet of ham in a kitchen and letting pate go off.

Chelsea were warned about a serious contravention of hygiene laws when they nearly served out of date "cooked turkey saddles". Poor labelling of meat pies earned the Stamford Bridge club a further reprimand, though a later inspection noted that their hygiene standards had improved to become generally excellent.

Fulham were ticked off about bread rolls being left under a wash basin, a rusty pair of scissors and a hole in the wall that might give access to pests. Southampton and Stoke City were told to tidy up, and Aston Villa, Wigan, QPR and West Ham were all also guilty of minor infringements.

But for the league's cleanest clubs, look no further than Manchester City, Liverpool, Everton, Arsenal, Tottenham, Newcastle and Sunderland. All of the above – generally rivals on the pitch – were equals in the keeping things tidy department.

Oh my...

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fuck we sell dodgy pies... there are bigger problems right now... like that dodgy Spanish bloke (or women? still can't decide)... get an out of date sticke stuck on him and get rid already :D

Pies... quite hungry now...

priceless ...they found rats at Manure ,,,one with a huge purple nose and a passed by its use by date turkey at the Bridge dressed in a number 9 shirt and served up by a Fat Waiter ,,,this unsuitable fare was rejected by

the fans.

£4 a pint of singha (£4 for a pint of piss if you ask me) pies are about £3 and a chocolate bar £1.20. Amazed that some idiots still buy crap there

Compared to venues in North America that is considered relatively cheap.

Compared to venues in North America that is considered relatively cheap.

What kills me is the convertion rate.

Brazilian Real to US Dollar is 1/2, but Real to UK Pounds is 1/3...

£4 a pint of singha (£4 for a pint of piss if you ask me) pies are about £3 and a chocolate bar £1.20. Amazed that some idiots still buy crap there

Is that considered expensive in the UK? That is probably the price of an average/slightly below average cafe here (our stadiums barely have seats let alone serve food :lol: )

Apparently the best sporting venue for value for money catering is The Augusta National for golf... The members might be racist and woman haters but their food to customers is cheap and good

Sorry to go off topic, but what a load of shit. Speaking as a fairly regular frequenter of Augusta, the club is fairly diverse given that it appeals to elite golfers from across the country... It's hardly a piss poor hick "country club" you might find else where. And I assure you all the members love women. I've seen spas that don't permit men and tennis clubs that also forbid women. Leave some things to tradition, and Augusta's masters is a tradition unlike any other. Further more Condoleeza Rice and some Carolina financier both got approved a while ago to be the first women with full memberships at Augusta.

The food there is great though. Pulled pork to die for.