Demba Ba

KonohasOrangeFlash

Well this is weird. Surely he would have only had a medical if the terms were agreed... So its very weird. Eventually we will get some news about what exactly happened. It will be a mighty shame if we don't get him an and he goes elsewhere... Obviously we shouldn't play ludicrous wage amounts but I don't know where you would find a player that good that cheap in terms of fee.

Well this is weird. Surely he would have only had a medical if the terms were agreed... So its very weird. Eventually we will get some news about what exactly happened. It will be a mighty shame if we don't get him an and he goes elsewhere... Obviously we shouldn't play ludicrous wage amounts but I don't know where you would find a player that good that cheap in terms of fee.

The main aim for us this transfer season is to get our deals done as soon as possible.Ba with the release clause can make this happen but if this transfer is going to get dragged till the second or third week of January then there is no point getting him.

I've been saying in the other threads that we should make Lukaku reconsider his decision of staying at WBA.Lukaku would get the same opportunity that we are planning to give Ba and so there wouldn't be any issue of lack of game time.There would be no need of paying any amount for a striker we really need and the deal would be done straight away.

This according to me is the best option.

If he seriously wants more than £80k a week then fuck him.

Really? We pay Torres 170K a week. The difference between 80 and say 85K a week is 260K a year. To give up on a cheap, solid striker for that would be ridiculous especially because we'd probably have to go out and spend millions extra on transfer fees to get a similar striker.. (with the usual caveat that we don't really know what's happening).

Really? We pay Torres 170K a week. The difference between 80 and say 85K a week is 260K a year. To give up on a cheap, solid striker for that would be ridiculous especially because we'd probably have to go out and spend millions extra on transfer fees to get a similar striker.. (with the usual caveat that we don't really know what's happening).

Torres really shouldn't be used as a benchmark for wages though - what he's on is ridiculous.

Oh well - fuck him then, if Newcastle want Remy, lets go sign him :)

He obviously wants less wages than BA...

And for BA to demand more than 80k week takes the piss - fucking agents ruining the game! Here's a new deal, we pay your agent fuck all and that 2 million we would have paid them, we pay you!!!

Something needs to be done about Football Agents and fast!

The main aim for us this transfer season is to get our deals done as soon as possible.Ba with the release clause can make this happen but if this transfer is going to get dragged till the second or third week of January then there is no point getting him.

I've been saying in the other threads that we should make Lukaku reconsider his decision of staying at WBA.Lukaku would get the same opportunity that we are planning to give Ba and so there wouldn't be any issue of lack of game time.There would be no need of paying any amount for a striker we really need and the deal would be done straight away.

This according to me is the best option.

But would he though? I would hope he would but I think it will still be the torres show if Lukaku comes back and i see little point in him coming back to sit on the bench behind Torres.

Even though, BA would be a good acquisition for Chelsea I am still not convinced he is the answer.
Unless, Rafa is prepared to bench Torres & let BA to start in games. He was useless playing in wider position, as we had seen at Newcastle in the latter part of their season.

Even though, BA would be a good acquisition for Chelsea I am still not convinced he is the answer.

Unless, Rafa is prepared to bench Torres & let BA to start in games. He was useless playing in wider position, as we had seen at Newcastle in the latter part of their season.

We were never gonna put him in the wide position we already have a great attacking mid. If he played well it shouldn't take long to jump over torres is the pecking order. I hope we can find an agreement providing it doesn't start getting stupid with wage amounts as you will be hard pressed to find a better deal.

i never once posted here cuz i knew that CFC always make a show out of this....we already have the 'if he demanded excess wages he can fuk off' speculation, i mean really? Didn't we not go through the same damn thing with Cahill. Why jump to conclusions and point the finger when the window hasnt even opened yet (let alone closed) and knowing full well that disagreements are part of negotiation process.

Whilst I don't think the deal is completely off, as we all know how our transfers often pan out, i'm sure the board won't be putting all their eggs in one basket with Ba. I know the club'll have other targets.

Obviously we shouldn't just give in to what the board considers excessive demands, we can't afford to prolong negotiations this January, especially in the case of the striker. The longer we go without signing anyone up top, the more other clubs will know we're desperate (especially if/when Sturridge leaves).

We were never gonna put him in the wide position we already have a great attacking mid. If he played well it shouldn't take long to jump over torres is the pecking order. I hope we can find an agreement providing it doesn't start getting stupid with wage amounts as you will be hard pressed to find a better deal.

Well, I agree, the amount of money for BA looks like a bargain. As we all know, Ferda is the darling of....will he be benched ?