Demba Ba

KonohasOrangeFlash

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/8378310/

Ba has agreed terms. Anything better than torres please.

It has already been known since last night. All it depends now is the medical. It is taking place now apparently.

We are trying to get it done ASAP so that we can register him in time into the FA Cup squad for this weekend by tomorrow.

If we want to get a CM in the pivot, then I suggest we should look at Cabaye. An underrated quality player.

I know but he's injured.

I've watched him when he was at Lille. He's good tactically and a much better defender than the midfielders we have. I think he was the leader in the ground challenges won last year.

What I didn't like yesterday was how easy Taarabt avoided the challenges of Luiz and co that throw themselves to the ball.

If you can't catch the ball before, place yourself to challenge when he turn.

I don't understand why Luiz hasn't improved on this aspect of the game. When he was a central defender he would be beaten because he would arrive late, in central midfield he's beaten with simple turn because he's obsessed winning the ball immediately.

I know but he's injured.

I've watched him when he was at Lille. He's good tactically and a much better defender than the midfielders we have. I think he was the leader in the ground challenges won last year.

Yes, I know that. Meant in the summer obviously.

What I didn't like yesterday was how easy Taarabt avoided the challenges of Luiz and co that throw themselves to the ball.

If you can't catch the ball before, place yourself to challenge when he turn.

I don't understand why Luiz hasn't improved on this aspect of the game. When he was a central defender he would be beaten because he would arrive late, in central midfield he's beaten with simple turn because he's obsessed winning the ball immediately.

I believe many have pointed this out before. The problem with Luiz going into the challenges is that he never seem to think before committing them. Always seem too eager and rash in them.

What a deal
Second this - forget his knees, he has proven over the past couple of seasons he can play and train with no problems.

To have been able to sign a player arguably in his prime, proven goalscorer in the Premier League for £7m in January is a steal!

Just consider how much strikers have moved for between English clubs in recent seasons like Fletcher, Bent, Carroll and Torres and this screams value for money.

Second this - forget his knees, he has proven over the past couple of seasons he can play and train with no problems.

To have been able to sign a player arguably in his prime, proven goalscorer in the Premier League for £7m in January is a steal!

Just consider how much strikers have moved for between English clubs in recent seasons like Fletcher, Bent, Carroll and Torres and this screams value for money.

Exactly, even if he does get injured wouldn't be that much of a monetary blow.

Having a medical. Not sure he will fit in with our style. Overall he will cost the club about £20m if reports of him earning £75,000 a week are true. We only got around £12m for Sturridge and some of that City get. He can't play in the Europa League and for the three and half year contract very possibly will be missing for the 3 January's if Senegal qualify for the African Nations. On top of that, he will be 31 when his contract is up so will therefore leave for nothing. So, the club payout £20m and get no financial return.

In Buck/Emenalo we trust

Having a medical. Not sure he will fit in with our style. Overall he will cost the club about £20m if reports of him earning £75,000 a week are true. We only got around £12m for Sturridge and some of that City get. He can't play in the Europa League and for the three and half year contract very possibly will be missing for the 3 January's if Senegal qualify for the African Nations. On top of that, he will be 31 when his contract is up so will therefore leave for nothing. So, the club payout £20m and get no financial return.

In Buck/Emenalo we trust

It would be an even bigger outlay for Falcao who is less than a year younger than Ba, so similarly would offer little future funancial return. Its clear we needed a couple more players in their mid/late 20's (peak) to help the balance within the squad and to big somebody up who fits this bracket, and is proven in the Prem for the price mentioned is good business.

If Torres was firing we could look at bringing in another young striker alongside Lukaku for the future to take over from Torres but at this moment we need someone for the present who has the best opportunity to come in and perform immediately.

In Buck/Emenalo we trust

I honestly don't think he's more than a short-term deal and if he helps us get top four then that's worth millions. We sold a player who was on an expiring contract and wasn't being used whilst replacing him with one of the top scorers in the league shoring up the weakest position in our team.

Don't see a downside to this deal.

In Buck/Emenalo we trust

No worries about that. From the Senegal I've seen outside of their attacking power they are too terrible to having a good chance of consistently going.

At most I see him missing 1 January for that.

In Buck/Emenalo we trust

There will only be 1 ACN during that period - in 2015. And Senegal are not exactly a good side that can qualify every time.

City get a little under 2m from us for Sturridge. His fee effectively covers the Ba signing with some change left, and Ba will only make 15k more than he did - if that figure you posted is right.

In Buck/Emenalo we trust

Good post :)

But we can offer an extension after the first year, taking him to 32 or 33...

I see players like buying cars, you nearly always lose unless you buy Cosworths or Lotus - which seem to hold their price :)

If we can finish 3rd, we will get shit loads of EPL + UCL money - so not all bad :)