New stadium location

Chelseanw10

With battersea a no-go(thank god) and earls court extremely unlikely what location would everyone be happy with.1)Linford Christie stadium in white city,2) Unigate site in white city,3)kensal gasworks in W10,4)old oak common/atlas road in harlesden,5)Kodak site in harrow,which is the latest rumour.or is there another site anyone has in mind??

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still thought the club were looking into the Battersea and EC possibilities. Last I heard there was a rumour Roman was looking into purchasing CapCo.

There are plenty of issues regarding the development of the Bridge. Long-term it doesn't look promising.

Personally I saw battersea as a no-no.i'd have earls court,w10 gasworks,and even white city all before battersea.whatever we do we must stay in west london!

I loved the idea of BPS. It could've been a truly iconic location for a new ground but unfortunately it's BPS - if anything ever gets built there I'll be surprised.

Earls Court is a nice back-up so long as we don't go the Arsenal route of building a boring, cookie-cutter route.

Battersea power station was a big blow. As it was a great site, extremely accessable and was in a great location. Especially for where i live. :) It would be great to keep it in the same place but we do need to increase capacity, unless we are bringing back standing then we can get a lot more people in.

So Harrow is now on the list of sites? Jesus Christ that's further away than Wembley, not too much further and you end up looking outside Greater London.

Old Oak Common would also be shite- proper QPR territory.

Kensal again is a bit too close to QPR for my liking

Unigate Site- Im having a look at the sites you have listed but then we come to this and surely moving here would just be taking the piss? It is literally 500m from Loftus Road!

Linford Christie Stadium- Basically Old Oak Common

I still think Earl's Court should be our priority if we don't get Battersea. It already has good transport links, would probably be easier to deal with because Hammersmith and Fulham Council are involved in the regeneration of the area. It would mean we wouldn't have to move too far and the area around Earls Court feels similar to that of Stamford Bridge

Problem is Utd are getting 75k crowds, we get 42k :(

They are making so much more on the 19 home fixtures - bastards :)

London is the problem, no space anywhere :(

I vote we build a stadium on legs in the sky :) then we really will need a bridge to get to it :)

I'm thinking something along the lines of cloud base from Captain Scarlet

cloudbase11b.jpg

So Harrow is now on the list of sites? Jesus Christ that's further away than Wembley, not too much further and you end up looking outside Greater London.

Old Oak Common would also be shite- proper QPR territory.

Kensal again is a bit too close to QPR for my liking

Unigate Site- Im having a look at the sites you have listed but then we come to this and surely moving here would just be taking the piss? It is literally 500m from Loftus Road!

Linford Christie Stadium- Basically Old Oak Common

I still think Earl's Court should be our priority if we don't get Battersea. It already has good transport links, would probably be easier to deal with because Hammersmith and Fulham Council are involved in the regeneration of the area. It would mean we wouldn't have to move too far and the area around Earls Court feels similar to that of Stamford Bridge

Agree on harrow.plus that's arsenal/spurs territory in terms of support.

Old oak common is a mixture of qpr and arsenal.the acton side being qpr the harlesden side being arsenal.

Kensal gasworks(which is ladbroke grove) is qpr heartland,and if u cross the canal that takes u into kensal rise which is proper gooner territory in regards to fanbase.

Linford Christie stadium again is qpr heartland.

100% agree earls court is the only real option,at a push I'd tolerate the gasworks site in ladbroke grove.

Harrow and old oak common are non starters for me as chelsea are just not a north london club!

Personally I saw battersea as a no-no.i'd have earls court,w10 gasworks,and even white city all before battersea.whatever we do we must stay in west london!

Battersea a no go? can you actually get a supporter area in london more chelsea besides where we are? earls court is a vague possibility due to the problems cap co are gonna have with that site, white city shouldnt even be said out loud let alone considered, do you mean the imperial gas works site? as I believe the land has already been sold and what is left isnt big enough to build a 60k stadium on, that was if memory serves me right the site peter kenyon got caught looking at blue prints on.

Only options currently are earls court and battersea, both very long shots but both not completely dead in the water yet.

The new stadium would cost 300mio minimum, I dont think we can afford that at the moment with FFP rules. Valencia screwed big time because they wanted new stadium...

Valencia don't have Roman. I'm sure the new stadium wouldn't count under FFP regulations anyway.

The new stadium would cost 300mio minimum, I dont think we can afford that at the moment with FFP rules. Valencia screwed big time because they wanted new stadium...

Naming rights would cover alot of that, and a loan would be taken out so you could pay it back in installements.

A new stadium would see the club grow finacially, we're being restricted by the bridge.

Lets build the new stadium on Tracey Island from Thunderbirds........

51P12B2SYQL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

:Goober:

Honestly I don't mind where, we need a bigger stadium to bring in more revenue. As long as its in London and accessible I don't mind. Pity we can't increase the capacity of the Bridge :(