Norwich v Chelsea

Jase

I may be the only one, but Mikel should get credit for keeping Holt and Hoolahan at bay, who can cause team great problems in the defencer (just ask Arsenal or Man Utd).

I thought Mikel was brilliant in the first half. His ball retention skills are just insanely good sometimes, especially in a very narrow game like this.

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 goals and 15 assists for Mata so far and 14 goals from Torres... I rather have two players who score a fair amount of goals than 1 striker that scores all of the goals.. Cuz if that 1 striker doesn't play good, that team is screwed but with 2 players that score.. When one player doesn't get the goals, the other steps up :D

Yep true. We will soon have mata and (new striker) two genuine goal threats

that pass fro Luis to ash was class!! he's been great this game, mikel next him is allowing him to advance a bit more

Luiz has been awful!!! He made two fantastic passes (and a third that was ruled off-side) but other than that, his passing has been atrocious, his shots missed the net by 30 yards each, and even worse, his positioning has been baffling. People were complaining about Lampard getting forward too much. Luiz is not even playing pivot really, he's basically playing attacking midfielder in a band of four with Oscar, Moses, and Mata. His average position is about 10 feet further upfield that Lampard's most attacking game. He's been caught out of position a couple of times. MIkel is having a great half. Very strong on the ball and excellent positioning. It's Norwich so it won't likely matter and it's not something he's used to so he needs to be cut some slack, but if we played MIkel/Luiz right now against a top side, we'd likely get slaughtered.

Luiz has been awful!!! He made two fantastic passes (and a third that was ruled off-side) but other than that, his passing has been atrocious, his shots missed the net by 30 yards each, and even worse, his positioning has been baffling. People were complaining about Lampard getting forward too much. Luiz is not even playing pivot really, he's basically playing attacking midfielder in a band of four with Oscar, Moses, and Mata. His average position is about 10 feet further upfield that Lampard's most attacking game. He's been caught out of position a couple of times. MIkel is having a great half. Very strong on the ball and excellent positioning. It's Norwich so it won't likely matter and it's not something he's used to so he needs to be cut some slack, but if we played MIkel/Luiz right now against a top side, we'd likely get slaughtered.

Hey someone who agrees with me.

I seriously think Mikel's game is simply too boring and simple for most and that's why they don't like/rate him.

I seriously think Mikel's game is simply too boring and simple for most and that's why they don't like/rate him.

People like flashy. This game is a perfect example of how that completely messes up the basic understanding of the game. Luiz has been terrible. 0 for 2 in long balls, giving the ball away carelessly, bad passing, horrible positioning. BUT people love flashy moments, the great pass, the back-heel whatever. and Luiz has a few of those. Mikel is not flashy but he positions himself beautifully and makes smart plays and that's never going to be popular.

when did I ever say mikel was.playing shut or that I don't like his game? everyone knows Luiz likes to go forward and so does lamps, therefore mikel adds that anchor in the pivot if Luiz goes forward.

People like flashy. This game is a perfect example of how that completely messes up the basic understanding of the game. Luiz has been terrible. 0 for 2 in long balls, giving the ball away carelessly, bad passing, horrible positioning. BUT people love flashy moments, the great pass, the back-heel whatever. and Luiz has a few of those. Mikel is not flashy but he positions himself beautifully and makes smart plays and that's never going to be popular.

I think you've just to to thank god for giving you the ability to understand football at an almost molecular level. Not everyone has that - like you say they like 'flashy'....they like shiny things.