Fernando Torres

It's not just Torres who needs shot out of this club, there's quite a few, It's pointless having world class players in your team, then average ones in certain positions.

United make it work, you just need the right 'average players' and for them not to have an ego.

United make it work, you just need the right 'average players' and for them not to have an ego.

You can't compare with United though, Ferguson is a miracle worker, United are the only team ever to do that and win titles. Down due to luck most of the time, but they still fucking do it.

few clubs can afford his wages, and he's under a long-term contact with Chelsea, so realistically, he is going nowhere. He may rot on the bench, but still happily collect his paycheck every other week.

Personally, I think his problems are more physical than of motivation; his pace is gone. I really wanted to know whether Chelsea's fitness coaches think they can get him closer to his former self or not.

I'm sad to say it, but it seems Chelsea have been had. Liverpool fitness coaches probably noticed he was getting slower and advised the manager to sell him.

few clubs can afford his wages, and he's under a long-term contact with Chelsea, so realistically, he is going nowhere. He may rot on the bench, but still happily collect his paycheck every other week.

Personally, I think his problems are more physical than of motivation; his pace is gone. I really wanted to know whether Chelsea's fitness coaches think they can get him closer to his former self or not.

I'm sad to say it, but it seems Chelsea have been had. Liverpool fitness coaches probably noticed he was getting slower and advised the manager to sell him.

Sad but it's true, His salary is just too high to sell him

The problem is Torres is actually a below-average player. People probably consider the likes of Holt, Lambert, Long and Fletcher average, but they are still better than our good old Fernando. I would recall Lukaku and try him up front, because at least we know he's a young player who's only going to improve

I'd say he could still be sold just at a massive lose for the club - but it was always going to be that way considering the amount we paid. He is 28 year old, the things that made him feared in England like acceleration and instinct are gone. Nearly two years later his greatest contribution to this club is winning a Corner, while he picks up his 14 million pounds in wages and plays regardless of form. There have been 3 coaches who thus far have tried to get the best out of Fernando and two of them were sacked in small part due to not getting the best out of him. RdM has infuriated me with his persistence it would have been nice to see Sturridge play 1 or 2 games as a starter when he was fit in our first 8 fixtures of the season and make a valid comparison between the two players. Tonight Sturridge setup Hazard a thing that in a few other forums I'm signed up in Torres would have been praised to no avail and all the lose of possession we witnessed tonight would have been swept under the rug.

My main gripe with Torres is his complete disregard to scoring typical striker goals. He remains static waiting at one place for most crosses and passes into the box, hoping they ball is played into his feet. Usually a striker would try to get in front of a defender and not remain static during such situations. Torres remains in one spot waiting for the ball to be played into his feet, something that is not going to happen unless a defender fucks up. Sometimes during such situation he isn't even in the box. He moves far more in the box during set pieces than in open play.

He might be running at full speed, but as soon as he enters the box he stops quite often wondering what to do and where to be. Most strikers playing in front of Oscar; Hazard and Mata would want to make themselves available rather than shy away - Torres has never been that good inside the box with his movement but thus far he has failed to adapt and won't get many easy goals like the one against Reading unless he starts to move there.

I've given up, I feel that with the current squad Sturridge would easily outscore Torres given the same amount of time because he will look to make himself available, because he is able to beat a player with both speed and trickery and MOST IMPORTANTLY he is NOT AFRAID TO SHOOT. I just hope RdM realizes this soon and stops using Sturridge when we are already chasing the game(QPR and now Shakhtar). Give Daniel a run in this team and start it off with our match against United

Torres is deadwood, nothing like what he was back then with Liverpool.Bench him and start Sturridge till january.I don't know how much at loss the club will be if we sell him but if we don't we would lose even more ! It's a no brainer.When I saw we got Torres I was like woow, almost like winning CL.He was sooo good back then, fast, strong and with so much determination and confidence, he was a lion ! Now it just pains me to watch him not only for CFC but for him aswell what a downfall.

Our cheek is clear though, we've given him so much support it's crazy. Lots of it was undeserved, yet we supported our player like we are supposed to. Obviously I wish the lad all the best in Chelsea colors, but it seems it just wasn't meant to be. It will be 2 years after January...and besides a few goals and dribbles, he hasn't done anything remarkable :(