UCL Draw Thread

Madmax

• 2 weeks later...

It won't affect us since more then likely we will win the PL.

I'm interested in seeing how they will add the winner of the Europa League into the CL.

we can win the title this year, but not every year from now...

and even this year, the way to the title is long...

we can win the title this year, but not every year from now...

and even this year, the way to the title is long...

Oh well whoever wins it they get top seed.

To me it makes more sense and makes the group stage more interesting.

I rather have 2 or 3 groups of death then having a bunch of group where you probably know who will come out.

Not to say there will be surprise but on average that's how it's gotten.

With having the Champions on pot 1 it will bring more attraction to the group stage.

So from me this is a brilliant idea from UEFA.

Oh well whoever wins it they get top seed.

To me it makes more sense and makes the group stage more interesting.

I rather have 2 or 3 groups of death then having a bunch of group where you probably know who will come out.

Not to say there will be surprise but on average that's how it's gotten.

With having the Champions on pot 1 it will bring more attraction to the group stage.

So from me this is a brilliant idea from UEFA.

Yea, but should Zenit get a spot in Pot 1? Think about the depth in some other leagues (England, Spain) compared to Italy and Portugal, will it really make the competition better? If the best teams are knocking out eachother in the group stages, will it make the competition better?

Yea, but should Zenit get a spot in Pot 1? Think about the depth in some other leagues (England, Spain) compared to Italy and Portugal, will it really make the competition better? If the best teams are knocking out eachother in the group stages, will it make the competition better?

True that, but that's how it was in the old competition. And a reason why teams like Real Madrid, and Liverpool dominated.

Now back that way, maybe we can dominate. :D

Yeah but you got a point, it will make the group stage harder and the knockout less.

But hey, in Group stage it's about points. So we will see much better games then in knockout where teams are so scared to attack because of away goal rule.

• 2 weeks later...

For those who missed an absolutely MAD night in the Champions league (Most goals ever scored in a single matchday)

http://www.footballorgin.com/2014/10/champions-league-2014-2015-highlights_22.html

It makes me so sad that we weren't allowed to join this great night of football.

We started winning at Gelsenkirchen, things got a bit out of hand, we got a man sent off for nothing, suffered an offside goal YET down to 10 man we came back.

But in added time the goal referee clearly saw... Well, no one knows what did he see.

ShallowDopeyAdamsstaghornedbeetle.gif

Like Drogba once said:

I agree. The ball hit him smack in the face. Porto were robbed. The worse bit of referring since Oviedo.

I hope the ref/linesperson and goal-line assistant never get to be in charge of another European match.