Bernard Duarte

themightyblue

http://www.gianlucadimarzio.com/calcio-internazionale/talenti-brasiliani-chelsea-vicino-a-bernard/

A crystalline talent from Brazil, Chelsea tries again. After Oscar, now in the viewfinder is Anicio Bernard Duarte Caldeira, for all simply Bernard. Chelsea wants ahead of the competition, is trying to close the transaction. Bernard is a playmaker, is dragging the Atletico Mineiro, third in the Brazilian championship. The reflectors are all for him, who stole the show also mate Ronaldinho. 10 goals and 12 assists in 35 part, many more geometries and throwing perfect. Bernard has conquered all, and to think twice failed the audition with Atletico Mineiro for reasons of height. Now it is 1.63 m high, but it is still capable of great shots. It 'sa class '92, grew up and has always played nell'Atletico but one season on loan at Democrata. It also has a Spanish passport, so it is outside the EU. After Oscar, Chelsea also want this talent: an attacking midfielder concrete, with a great vision of the game. Approached also Italian clubs, Bernard is close to the Premier.

Rough translation. Can any of our brazilian fans (or anyone that's watched him) shed some light on how good he is? Position? etc

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seen his height on FIFA isn't he not like 5 ft 3 and really really really thin?

I can see it already, "Cheik Tiote breaks Brazilian youngster into billions of particals of dust with slide tackle"

:Goober:

Never actually seen him play but I've heard good things about him and Wellington Nem.. maybe a bit soon though.. leave him another year or two surely.

I've followed him for a while and he looks very promising. But with the abundance of talent we have in the latter part of the midfield it's more a question of if we really need him. Would like to see him move to Europe though.

If Benitez wants Oscar to play in one of the CM positions, then we'll probably need an attacking midfielder in January. Also bare in mind that Moses will be off to the African cup of nations meaning we'll be short in that position

We have Marin, Mata, Oscar, Sturridge, Hazard as well as Piazon as possible options for the right wing. Think we are safe, especially since Marin looked like such a beast in pre-season!

If we play Oscar in CM, I would love to see a winger in attacking trio, rather than another lightweight CAM.

Bale or Sanchez would be awesome, they can offer big speed and Bale tracks back too.

Bale-Hazard-Mata

Oscar-Mikel/Romeu

Or maybe even Jovetic/Fellaini.

But another small playmaker is not what we need now. Another option is Kdb, dont forget him. He looks stronger player than Mazacar trio, could operate well in CM position, but maybe its too deep for him. Hopefuly, we try 4:3:3 too eventualy with Mikel as DM, Rambo and Oscar as CMs and Hazard/Mata as wingers. Marin, Kdb, Romeu would be enough for rotation along new CM/winger.

We have Marin, Mata, Oscar, Sturridge, Hazard as well as Piazon as possible options for the right wing. Think we are safe, especially since Marin looked like such a beast in pre-season!

That's the point i'm making. Marin is unreliable when it comes to injuries and If Benitez wants to have Oscar as CM then that leaves us with Mata, Hazard, Marin (Injury prone), Moses (Off to AFCON). While in CM we're left with Ramires, Lampard (Might be off to China), Mikel (Off to AFCON), Romeu and Oscar. I could definitely see why the club might be looking at one more AM

Bernard is really really small and weak, even for Brazilian standards. He had amazing performances througout the course of the season (doing and exceptional partneship with Ronaldinho), BUT he was never praised as one of our top, top qualitity young promissing stars (Oscar, Neymar, Lucas, etc).

He can actually play as a Winger, as an Advanced Midfield or as an Attacker. Bernard is definetly fast, skilled and has vision. The problem is that he cant shoot.........Robinho anyone?

We must stop only buying Brazilians just because they are Brazilians. Just because Oscar came here and rock everybody off their feet it does not mean he will too.

I dont think we need that type of player, it would be way more important for us to buy a DM + ST.

Even if we needed that type of player and we want it to be Brazilian, buy Willian. He is clearly a better player!

He definitely has talent... But i don't think he is good enough, well, at least for now.

He is really weak. This would not be a problem if he had more experience, but that's not the case.

After 1 or 2 years, maybe, who knows? but not now, and we have too many players in his position.

Sometimes I think of how good will this players be in next 6 years or so. This guy could be next Messi in 2018 or just a forgotten talent...

Right now, I heard for him the first time, but in couple of years, it could become name that we will hear all the time.

How fast the time goes and how everything changes...

Interesting. Cheers guys!

Although, I do remember similar things being said about Oscar when he first joined (Too Skinny/lightweight, weak etc) and as we know, he's made a decent start here. If we do get him, I'm sure Chelsea know what there doing and for the 15-20 million euro price that is being quoted it'd be worth the risk I guess

Interesting. Cheers guys!

Although, I do remember similar things being said about Oscar when he first joined (Too Skinny/lightweight, weak etc) and as we know, he's made a decent start here. If we do get him, I'm sure Chelsea know what there doing and for the 15-20 million euro price that is being quoted it'd be worth the risk I guess

It's not the same for us, brazilians... You see, here, in the "Brasileirão", he did really well, but not as good as Oscar, Neymar, Lucas or Alexandre Pato at his time. He has the talent to play at this level, but is not ready yet. It's hard to tell, even Alexandre Pato, who played at a level good enough to do the difference in Europe should have stayed for more time... Is really hard to tell who is good enough, you don't know if the player is at his best, or if he can do better, or even if it's the right time to go out even tough he is good.

As i said, being weak is not the problem if you have the experience and know how to deal with it... But he doesn't. And even without the pressure that had Neymar, Lucas Moura and Oscar in their games, he does not as good as them.

About buying Bernard i do think it's a good idea. Not to come to England, but to have him cheap. And of course, letting he play loaned in Brazil.

Apparently we signed him for 6 million and hes been loaned back. Or thats what the rumors on twitter areeeeeee

if its true then i think 6m for him is very low risk, he looks talented for sure.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You