Chelsea 0-0 Fulham

Jase

Man of the Match  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is Your Man of the Match?

On another note, our double pivot is probably the shittiest around. Romeu/Mikel and Ramires just do not offer enough going forward.

Ramires will make a great run down the field only to get the final pass wrong, and they're all hopeless when the ball comes to them outside the box.

At least Lampard actually did good things going forward, but the problem was he was often too far forward and we get nailed on the counter.

Anyway it's time to move Oscar deeper i think.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On another note, our double pivot is probably the shittiest around. Romeu/Mikel and Ramires just do not offer enough going forward.

Ramires will make a great run down the field only to get the final pass wrong, and they're all hopeless when the ball comes to them outside the box.

At least Lampard actually did good things going forward, but the problem was he was often too far forward and we get nailed on the counter.

I couldn't agree more!

With Oscar deeper, besides the obvious benefits, it would allow us to play Moses and Marin more also.

I'm tired of the double pivot nonsense

----------------Mikel/Romeu-------------

Ramires/Oscar----------Lampard/Mata

We should revert back to 4-3-3

This. 4-3-3 is so versatile. It would be especially beneficial when Lampard is back from injury.

No way Rafa would ever use it though.

I've said this also, a 3 man midfield suits Oscar, Ramires, Lampard and probably even Mikel. This 4-2-3-1 is not working atm.

im not gona lie, its frustrating not seeing Chelsea win in such in a long time but WBA lost (like Leif mentioned)....

and although we would should be looking to challenge the Manchester clubs im for some reason awkwardly confident things will turn around.

WAKE ME UP WHEN SEPTEMBER NOVEMBER ENDS!

This! Blue in My Veins, I am so happy with that post. Exactly my feel.

As bad as we are right now, we will still finish top 3.

We will, although it will be just like last year, 20 point gap from second to third. We are playing very bad, kindergarten mistakes. Glad Spuds have AVB, Arse always sell their players and Loserpool lives in the past.

I wanted us to close it to a 2-3 games difference...

We played 4-3-3 yesterday, actually it was more like a 4-5-1 as the wide players were acting as midfielders instead of real wide forwards. Off the ball we switched to 4-4-1-1(ish) shape.

The problem is the wide players were very predictable, always cutting inside. And they didn't stay out wide often enough imo. Bertrand also offered nothing in offense when he was on.

But the central midfielders were definitely positioned in that shape.

The decision-making in the final third was simply poor for most of the game.

Oh well , Torres is the one to blame like always ? wtf did he do wrong ? our players didnt even created a single chance for him ? and surprisingly he was our best playmaker -_- and anyone saying we should have bought Berbatov , he didnt fucking scored aswell . No striker can score on his ownnn . And It was Rafa's 2nd match , he needs a bit of time to settle . VIVA LA RAFALUTION . IN RAFA WE TRUST ^___^

Nando won us free kick at the edge of the box , fucking won us 3 or more corners , what do you want ?

Spoken like a true backstreet boy. Congratulations.

What do we want: a real striker, not 'he made a corner and a freekick boy'. This is NOT a 21 year old player we are talking about but a player that should be in his prime... He is so shitty right now. Even our opponents say this, our own trainer admits it when he says he'll never go back to his old level, our players know it if you see their bodylanguage and maybe even performance attacking wise, even the fucking whole of european press is admitting he is finished. I bet even the church of the flying spaghetti monster got weird signs from the heavens corroborating Torres downfall.

Sigh :fainthv9:

i think i next match we must start witch Marin, he was best at last game. He was very fast and was evrywhere, he don't stay on one place as other players.

He was there hardly for ten minutes mate; how on earth can you judge him to be best on the pitch given that?

But then we finished runners up in the Premier League, League Cup and Champions League as well as crashing out of the FA Cup against Barnsley(!) in the quarter finals..

There I was reading the post above yours, finding a bright spot, then bang that little bright spot disappeared in a flash, just like Chelsea's attacking game plan has, oh well one can live in hope, as that seems all we have left, roll on the new year.

I am a neutral. I was impressed by Chelsea against Manchester City - both defence and attack - especially given the lack of support and negativism from the terraces. I was impressed by their defence and organizaton against Fulham, but not by their attack. Against Fulham there were too many failed passes and losing of the ball by the likes of Oscar. The interchanges between attacking players was too slow. Torres was obviously trying to find space falling back and going to the wings and he played an OK game in a generally poor attack. Rafa demanded a pressing high-line and for most of the match Chelsea pinned Fulham in their own half. But I can see Rafa's dilemma. If he gives the signal for all out attack he will get a repetition of the defensive failings of the last six weeks. Against Fulham we saw two examples of that where defensive players were caught out of position on the Fulham breakaway. I like Luiz but he's got to prove again that he is consistent over several games in keeping the defensive shape befoe he can be given a licence to go forward. I think all the players have to readjust to the idea of a team which has a strong defence first of all and then an ability to move forward very quickly as a unit and overcome the opponents in the final third. In the last six wedeks they have slipped into some bad habits of neglecting defence.

So is this what we can expect from now on, an ultra defensive Chelsea, who entertain a middle of table team, who have FOUR of their first team out along with their Captain and defence organiser, and we play SIX defenders, leave our play-maker on the bench, and really struggle to penetrate their defence, well I hope RA is really pleased now, that he has found a manager who really knows how to entertain.

I've said this also, a 3 man midfield suits Oscar, Ramires, Lampard and probably even Mikel. This 4-2-3-1 is not working atm.

It can be made to work, (not sure under the present coach) all we need is a decent deep DM, and a decent striker, not a pale shadow who is masquerading as one, we have great players for the rest of the team places.

i think i next match we must start witch Marin, he was best at last game. He was very fast and was evrywhere, he don't stay on one place as other players.

Thats the answer to Chelsea's plight, a spell from the witch Marin. :D

edit for elsjusz witch > with.

So is this what we can expect from now on, an ultra defensive Chelsea, who entertain a middle of table team, who have FOUR of their first team out along with their Captain and defence organiser, and we play SIX defenders, leave our play-maker on the bench, and really struggle to penetrate their defence, well I hope RA is really pleased now, that he has found a manager who really knows how to entertain.

Trying "to entertain" is what got Di Matteo in trouble. The manager's job is to produce a winning side. Rafa is in the top 5 managers in terms of winning percentages. Besides some of us are more entertained by a powerful, well organised side shifting from defence to attack quickly than one which flatters to deceive by pouring into attack helter skelter and giving away goals at the back. Mourinho ground out a lot of one goal victories with a strong defence.. Rafa's side scored more goals at LFC and Valencia than ever before in those clubs history. So, to answer your question - no you cannot expect to see a mid-table negative side. You can expect to see a powerful winning side once the Chelsea players get themselves comfortable with a faster-paced attack and a consistent defence.