Lucas Digne

Jase

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2211475/Manchester-United-Chelsea-want-Lucas-Digne.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Manchester United and Chelsea scouts watched Lille left back Lucas Digne, 19, against Rennes last Friday.

Digne, who has represented France at youth levels from Under-16 up to Under-19, broke into the Lille first-team last season and has continued his good form going into this campaign.

United are looking to replace ageing first-choice left back Patrice Evra and brought in Dutchman Alexander Buttner this summer.

Chelsea are also looking to boost their options in that area with Ashley Cole's contract set to expire at the end of the season.

I know it's from the Daily Mail and because of the Cole's contract situation, this may look like a silly rumour but it has been making some noise in recent times. Have only watched him like 2-3 times and he looks decent. And IF Cole leaves the club next summer, then Digne might just be the perfect LB to get in to work alongside Bertrand though I'm not sure it's good having 2 LBs where there is not much difference in the age gap as both will want to play in every game to develop themselves further.

Thoughts?

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently we've been looking at him for the last few months as have United, Arsenal and City. I don't see us going for him now or anyone else in that fact, hes best staying at Lille and developing like Hazard did then moving.

Ben Gordon anyone? :ph34r:

Or PvA? He played well for us when Ancelotti gave him chance. He also makes good apperances for Vitesse, and we have Bertrand too.

I don't think we should buy this boy. He is a big talent, but Bertrand and van Aanholt are also very promising.

• 7 months later...

Lucas Digne (born 20 July 1993) is a French football player who currently plays for French club Lille in Ligue 1. He plays as left back capable of also playing as a left-sided midfielder. Digne is French youth international and has represented his nation at under-16, under-17, and under-18 level.

Liverpool and Chelsea target teenage French ace

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/130527/liverpool-and-chelsea-target-teenage-french-ace-198413#ixzz2Ua3NKuOJ

Lucas Digne (born 20 July 1993) is a French football player who currently plays for French club Lille in Ligue 1. He plays as left back capable of also playing as a left-sided midfielder. Digne is French youth international and has represented his nation at under-16, under-17, and under-18 level.

Liverpool and Chelsea target teenage French ace

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/130527/liverpool-and-chelsea-target-teenage-french-ace-198413#ixzz2Ua3NKuOJ

Merged with the old thread...

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone.

Lucas Digne is currently at the center of all preoccupations in the french media, who are eager to see him move to PSG this summer. French media are lobbying for his transfer, making theories based on a financial crisis at Lille (that has yet to be proven), totally disregarding the fact that Lucas has said many times he is well in Lille and does not intend to move in the near future.
But PSG seems very insistant and media report that he has been offered 4 times his wages in Lille if he were to sign for Paris (some french media claim he already signed a pre-contract) !

Hence we Lille fans are worried, and i have decided to try a hail mary pass given the desperate situation. I've created this morning a facebook page to write an open letter to Lucas Digne, in which I ask him to stay and explain to him why such an early move to PSG is not, against what he may seem he may have been repeatedly told, the best career choice. Other supporters can add their own message to Lucas, hoping he will see them. In order to have the slightest chance to have any incidence on his choice, it has to gain in visibility very quickly.

In my letter to him, I advise him to stay at least one year or two in Lille (he's only 19) and to consider offers from european top clubs then, who will offer challenges as interesting, financially and sportively as interesting as PSG. I strongly advocate for a move to Chelsea in one or two years to follow the steps of Ashley Cole and recreate the briliant left side that he formed with Hazard. Trust me, Lucas Digne is the top left fullback of his generation along with Alaba. The youth, potential and physical strength of this left side would be damn exciting.

Help me help you ! Please like this page and share to anyone who might be sympathetic to our cause :)
https://www.facebook.com/LettresDesSupportersALucasDigne

Maybe it will do Chelsea good in a few years !

Thanks for hearing me out

• 1 month later...

You can close this thread, U20 world champion Lucas Digne signed a 5 years contrat wth PSG (15m €) today.

I'm so fucking annoyed by my board. The last gem from our youth academy, gone at 19 years old, while our president claimed no less than a week ago that we are financially balanced and in no need for cash right now.

And first choice of Lucas Digne was to stay at least one more year in the club that made him what he is now : the LOSC, who did not hesitate to push him away first chance they got to cash in a big check.

It's a deep blow to my supporter's heart. I will need time to get over this. I litterally was on the verge of tears when I heard the news this morning :cry:

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You