Completed Transfers

Steve

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they're banking on everyone shitting it upon seeing a Rooney-van Persie front line.

Just like we thought everyone would when facing Torres - Drogba. It's not always so simple.

And IMO I think an attack consisting of Rooney with Nani - Kagawa - Valencia behind him is better and more balanced than Rooney, RVP, Nani, Valencia. One of Rooney, RVP and Kagawa will always have to be on the bench and that simply adds more depth and not necessarily improve the quality of their best XI. I didn't think that squad depth was a problem for them to begin with (at least not in attack) so I'm not too concerned. I predict the same to happen to United what happened to City last year, that having many quality strikers doesn't mean they will all score goals like they did when they were the main men at their previous clubs. 15-20 goals for Rooney and RVP each would be my guess and that's not too much better than Rooney 27, Hernandez 10 and Welbeck 9. Welbeck's and that Mexican cunt's goal tally will go close to zero this season, if they stay there at all.

Just like we thought everyone would when facing Torres - Drogba. It's not always so simple.

And IMO I think an attack consisting of Rooney with Nani - Kagawa - Valencia behind him is better and more balanced than Rooney, RVP, Nani, Valencia. One of Rooney, RVP and Kagawa will always have to be on the bench and that simply adds more depth and not necessarily improve the quality of their best XI. I didn't think that squad depth was a problem for them to begin with (at least not in attack) so I'm not too concerned. I predict the same to happen to United what happened to City last year, that having many quality strikers doesn't mean they will all score goals like they did when they were the main men at their previous clubs. 15-20 goals for Rooney and RVP each would be my guess and that's not too much better than Rooney 27, Hernandez 10 and Welbeck 9. Welbeck's and that Mexican cunt's goal tally will go close to zero this season, if they stay there at all.

It's Mexicunt, not Mexican cunt B). (With apologies to our Mexican friends.)

But the general point is that United will try to wing it by relying on the smaller teams to cack themselves upon reading the team sheet. They don't necessarily have to do well- it's just the names that count, they will force smaller teams to be ultra defensive.

RVP is not exactly what ManU need and they paid a lot for him, but he was the maybe best player in the Premier League last season so his addition does help them enormously. They are a vastly improved team over last season, essentially adding Van Persie, Kagawa, and Vidic (who barely played last season) to their starting XI. They could win the league but they need to stay healthy. City have ridiculous depth so can afford injuries much more than United can.

But then what do we do in the General Transfer Talk thread?

This is for COMPLETED DEALS ,,,,the other is pointless speculation ...you might feel happier there .. Think this thread is an excellent

idea .We can revisit it when rivals signings FLOP or rant if they ve picked winners

Fuck, United are favorites for the title next season...

De Gea

Rafael - Ferdinand - Vidic - Evra

Valencia - Kagawa - Fletcher - Nani

Rooney

Van Persie

De Gea

Jones - Ferdinand - Vidic - Evra

Valencia - Kagawa - Carrick/Cleverly - Young

Rooney

Van Persie

slightly better

De Gea Jones - Ferdinand - Vidic - Evra Valencia - Kagawa - Carrick/Cleverly - Young Rooney Van Persie slightly better

Although this looks very good on paper, I still have my doubts about their midfield. It is too unbalanced in my opinion, to little defesinve structures in that. Carrick is good, but there is no way that he will be able cover their injury prone defenders for a whole season. Valencia is good in tracking back, but he hardly drifts inside to help out against a steamrolling team like City last season. Will be interesting how they´ll do. Just look how they did in Europe. Any team with a slightly better organised midfield outplayed them all the time.