Nigel De Jong

cujo101

And for the entire summer almost everyone here were dying to get Modric... like i said before, it would have been a suicide to play him with Mikel in midfield. I still belive Lampard and Mikel/Essien could sort it out togheter, at least i think we should see some more of it before deciding, but anyway- as i said all summer- with those players (Mata, Hazard, Torres and co) the most important thing is to have a STRONG midfield. We do have enough creativity upront.

Oscar can play like a Deep Lying Playmaker anyway. He drops deep and basically goes to wherever the ball is.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing is we haven't been linked with any dm's so it's frustratingly futile pushing forward one position against another.

Nonetheless I've already mentioned Witsel before who would be a perfect partner to any of our DM's being Mikel, Essien or Romeu. His defensive capabilities and general play make him a far greater asset than Lampard in the pivot nowadays. A new look combination of Witsel and M'Villa is jaw droppingly tantalising but for some inane reason it look's like nothing is going to change in the midfield department. It's just bizarre since Sahin look's like he's leaving, a guy we've been after since he was 17 and M'Villa is free after all the big clubs wanted him but aren't in for him now (similair to Aguero's situation who only had City as an option, but M'Villa has kept the option to stay available).Also if we put Josh in over Lamps then it just puts all the pressure on the DM as his defensive capabilities aren't there yet.

I'm just a little afraid that we'll be left in a United situation with a sparse midfield. It's just pointless buying all these attacking players but leaving them with no defensive engine to keep our team shape strong. Our team with a capable pivot is a whole different proposition to the lackluster one we've seen so far. We leave far too much work for our defense in our current situation. Realistically I can't see terry being dropped and Luiz loves coming forward, theirs so many potential holes! Forwards would revel in this opportunity. I hope Mikel and Lampard can pick it up because easing the defensive responsibilities on our magical trio of Oscar, Hazard and Mata will make such a difference. A lot relies on our pivot this season...

Oscar can play like a Deep Lying Playmaker anyway. He drops deep and basically goes to wherever the ball is.

He might can, dont think we should play him there, for now at least. It will be even worse than with Modric... but i get what you mean, now we definitely dont need to think about a 'Deep Lying Playmaker'.

Ramires needs to be given a try. He could be our answer.

Heck, at this moment in time I'd say Essien-Ramires is certainly an option. From what I've seen Essien has had a far better pre-season than Mikel. Ramires can make those runs but will be more reserved than Lampard keeping in touch with his defensive duties. Lampard can score the pens and is an asset in scoring those goals, but with Oscar, Mata and Hazard we don't really need that as much. Lampard loves driving forward, a skill he that has inevitably eroded with age.We've always had a strong team that could help with the defensive work but we can't afford an aging Lampard the luxery to charge forward because the hole we leave would be far too great. I just doubt Lampard will acquiesce to these new defensive demands. Yet even if he does Mikel has been terrible lately but seems to get the nod ahead of the other guys. Even an Mikel-Essien option could be more what we need as a team since the defensive responsibility are crux of this matter. Damn I wish we could just buy Witsel and M'Villa! They're needed far more than any forwards.

Oscar won't be played in the double pivot, his technical qualities suit a role further up the pitch, we would be wasting him if he was played in a fixed role rather than playing behind Torres where he could drift about and come short/pull wide to receive the ball. I would like De Jong to sign for us, hes a good player and a midfield hard man which we could do with. Plus he kicked that beardy bastard Xavi Alonso in the chest, whats not to like?

Why is everyone going on about a holding midfielder??? do we realy actualy need 1? ramires oscar and lamps can play in the centre and as long as someone drops back as oscar likes to do wel be fine ! mikel is useless and panics when hes on the ball and essien has passed it !!! time for a change! give josh his chance!

some of you ladies tend to love everything you see, de jong, alves, mvila...... If possible will want all the player chelsea can get and never want other team to get any. Be decisive, if you want all then you have none because it a compitition.

So funny how after one game Mikel is the poorest DM in the premiership.

I've never said he was the worst in the league, but I do believe some people over rate his abilities. Tends to be people who don't watch him live. IMO

I'd have liked Martinez but De Jong could be a viable choice given his contract situation (they won't sell to us). I don't see Ramirez in this role, he is no good with his back to goal (ie building from back), doesn't have the best positioning and isn't the biggest (actually think he is or could be a great full back / wing back.

Anyways Romolu anyone? I liked what I saw last year, just needs more opportunity.

De Jong is far better than Mikel , its a fact

:lol: Do you know what 'fact' means?!

De Jong is a player that belongs to a different time. His play is just too rough to be fitting to for any current team. On any account, why would we pay good money for a player that will just sit on the bench? We've already got a good back up for Mikel in Romeu.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You