Nigel De Jong

cujo101

With Rodwell joining Man City and De Jong entering the final year of his contract, I believe that he would fit the bill as a 1st choice defensive midfielder. Better than Mikel, Essien and Meireles, he would release Lampard from having to cover for Mikel's poor passing ability. Of course City wouldn't has to sell him to us..

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've heard a lot of things about Mikel but never have I seen someone with the audacity to act as though he is at fault for the failure of the pivot rather than Frank "I attack when I want" Lampard.

If anything, Lampard should make way to save Mikel from being outnumbered all the time, rather than Mikel's one-off poor passing game being cited as a reason to try someone new with Lampard.

I've heard a lot of things about Mikel but never have I seen someone with the audacity to act as though he is at fault for the failure of the pivot rather than Frank "I attack when I want" Lampard.

If anything, Lampard should make way to save Mikel from being outnumbered all the time, rather than Mikel's one-off poor passing game being cited as a reason to try someone new with Lampard.

What?, this isn't about who is being the bitch and who isn't, if you're shit you shouldn't be in our first team squad, simples.

De Jong? REALLY? Fuck off. Out of all holding midfielders you pick him? Lmao. Would rather have Alonso or Schweinsteiger.

HAHA yeah and i would rather pay a decent price rather than 30 odd million.

2010-2011 De Jong was immense, he got a a slight knock up for about a week or two the next season and couldn't get off the bench for the rest of the season.

I would take him for a cheap price, i still think he can end up being a good player. And it's better than some of the shite we've got anyway.

If we're going to get a defensive midfielder (which we seem to have shown no intent on doing) then I have absolutely no clue why Yan M'Villa never get's brought up or linked. Arsenal have given up their interest, he's basically told Tottenham no thank you and it is reported that a mere 12 million is required. He's defensively brilliant but his vision and passing accuracy is devastating.

Frederic Antonetti aptly summarised it by saying that "M'Vila reads the game like Claude Makélélé, has the presence of Patrick Vieira and can pass the ball like Yaya Toure."

What?, this isn't about who is being the bitch and who isn't, if you're shit you shouldn't be in our first team squad, simples.

A large proportion of his shitness is caused by the lack of a DM partner who has an ounce of common sense in how to play there (hi, Frank).

Not even Makelele could hold down an entire midfield by himself.

A large proportion of his shitness is caused by the lack of a DM partner who has an ounce of common sense in how to play there (hi, Frank).

It is not, even in a 4-3-3 Mikel was utter shite, no excuses about it. Lampard was actually staying back a lot in that City game.

I'd rather have 2 strong DM's rather than 1 Strong DM and a Deep Lying playmaker. We have enough creativity and our defence will need all the help it can get.

No, imho Mikel can do it, just put him back by himself and buy 9 strikers and put them all up front. Mikel will just deal with the rest.

tumblr_m6i4h8Pizi1qje8kqo1_500.jpg

I'd rather have 2 strong DM's rather than 1 Strong DM and a Deep Lying playmaker. We have enough creativity and our defence will need all the help it can get.

And for the entire summer almost everyone here were dying to get Modric... like i said before, it would have been a suicide to play him with Mikel in midfield. I still belive Lampard and Mikel/Essien could sort it out togheter, at least i think we should see some more of it before deciding, but anyway- as i said all summer- with those players (Mata, Hazard, Torres and co) the most important thing is to have a STRONG midfield. We do have enough creativity upront.

De Jong?! Got to be kidding me!

It's not about his ability (he is a garbage anyway), it's about him as a person, what a piece of shit!

I will never want this type of players (De Jong, Hunt, Alves, etc.) anywhere near our club no matter how good they are.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You