Stephan Lichtsteiner

NiclasCFC

58 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I seem to notice a lot of people are currently doing their best impression of the Real Madrid mentality.

If they aren't a big name (Pogba), or a biggish name (Radja), they are "another Papy" or "proof the board are cunts".

From my angle it looks like some of you are looking for any even minor excuse to keep up this beyond wierd vendetta against Emenalo/the board.

So would you prefer Lichtsteiner or one of Fabinho/De Marcos maybe Cancelo/Semedo; even though it's my personal opinion we should be looking at the left flank, we already have a more than decent RB. :)
Again, would you prefer Rudiger or one of Koulibaly/Bailly/Umtiti and maybe have a go at Marquinhos?
It has less to do with a "vendetta" as you think, and more to do with making good signings in a crucial transfer window.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

48 minutes ago, Blue_Fox_ said:

So would you prefer Lichtsteiner or one of Fabinho/De Marcos maybe Cancelo/Semedo; even though it's my personal opinion we should be looking at the left flank, we already have a more than decent RB. :)

Well by the looks of it, the main priority is the centre defense and centre midfield this summer, so if Conte doesn't rate Ivan, is a highly experienced defender coming in for a season or two the worst thing in the world? We benefitted from Eto'o in 2014 despite him being past his best.

48 minutes ago, Blue_Fox_ said:

Again, would you prefer Rudiger or one of Koulibaly/Bailly/Umtiti and maybe have a go at Marquinhos?.

No, but we can't always get our first choices which means looking at the next plans, and I don't think Rudiger is a bad option.

His thread actually bares similar resemblance to Alderwierlds when we were linked with him last summer, now imagine how many defensive horrors we would have been spared season just gone had we had him?

I'm not saying the board are perfect, far from it, however some of the stuff I read here (not aiming at you btw) reminds me of when I use to pick up my little brother from primary school and he said "I don't like him he didn't let me play with his new toy"

26 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Well by the looks of it, the main priority is the centre defense and centre midfield this summer, so if Conte doesn't rate Ivan, is a highly experienced defender coming in for a season or two the worst thing in the world? We benefitted from Eto'o in 2014 despite him being past his best.

No, but we can't always get our first choices which means looking at the next plans, and I don't think Rudiger is a bad option.

His thread actually bares similar resemblance to Alderwierlds when we were linked with him last summer, now imagine how many defensive horrors we would have been spared season just gone had we had him?

I'm not saying the board are perfect, far from it, however some of the stuff I read here (not aiming at you btw) reminds me of when I use to pick up my little brother from primary school and he said "I don't like him he didn't let me play with his new toy"

My fear regarding Lichtsteiner is his age (obviously) and the fact he has played in Italy for so long that he's, most likely than not, going to need time to adjust; pair that with age, and we could have Ivanovic x2 on the RB spot.(Eto'o was Eto'o, one of the best forwards in the football world at his peak. Total different story with Lichtsteiner)
Move Azpi to the right and we'll be scratching our heads about the left, Baba? He's been suspect, hopefully Aké as a back up option.
Combine that pair of FB with a defence of Rudiger, who doesn't inspire much confidence and when he'll develop he'll probably be a decent-ish CB at best (happy to be proved wrong here)  and Zouma playing for the first time after a horrible injury (and we don't know what we are going to get here, hope for the best.) Backed up by Cahill and Terry? Won't be much better than this season as I see it.
Other than that, when we look at Rudiger, we're buying potential as well, now imagine having the likes of Christensen, Zouma, Tomori, JCS and block one of them with Rudiger.
Hopefully if this transfer goes through he replicates his Spalletti form, and hopefully he's a request from Conte.

11 minutes ago, Blue_Fox_ said:

My fear regarding Lichtsteiner is his age (obviously) and the fact he has played in Italy for so long that he's, most likely than not, going to need time to adjust; pair that with age, and we could have Ivanovic x2 on the RB spot.(Eto'o was Eto'o, one of the best forwards in the football world at his peak. Total different story with Lichtsteiner)
Move Azpi to the right and we'll be scratching our heads about the left, Baba? He's been suspect, hopefully Aké as a back up option.
Combine that pair of FB with a defence of Rudiger, who doesn't inspire much confidence and when he'll develop he'll probably be a decent-ish CB at best (happy to be proved wrong here)  and Zouma playing for the first time after a horrible injury (and we don't know what we are going to get here, hope for the best.) Backed up by Cahill and Terry? Won't be much better than this season as I see it.
Other than that, when we look at Rudiger, we're buying potential as well, now imagine having the likes of Christensen, Zouma, Tomori, JCS and block one of them with Rudiger.
Hopefully if this transfer goes through he replicates his Spalletti form, and hopefully he's a request from Conte.

Lichtsteiner can still play at least another 2 seasons and Azpilicueta is better as a lb.Rudiger is gonna be a great signing.

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

Sorry to interrupt into your conversation but Rudiger is really shittest option AT THE MOMENT. I already posted in his thread that Stuttgart was that desperate to get rid of him they accepted what Roma had to offer which was totally on their conditions. Roma hadn't face any competition which can say you a lot. Rudiger is plotting his move to Chelsea, amongst others, for couple of years and that's a cause for concern as it may be finalising long term interest just like Schurrle was for Mourinho (so not on manager request, not on Conte request).

I watched Roma and Rudiger was out of his depth before Spalleti took over. After that he was good but so was so many Roma players. Actually more was good/great than not. He has the potential but so many of them have.

But the thing is, he is defender and he may be brilliant. Unlike in any other position, defenders can raise from average to great at any age. Let's look at Benatia, who was released TWICE, even at the age of 23, then after a few years everyone was creaming their pants at thought of getting him. He was quoted by Roma director to cost 60m€ when Barca and Man Utd came asking. It's mad but it happens. Thiago Silva got his move from favellas, sorry Brazilian league, at the age of 24, to be the best CB 4 years later. Alderweireld we talk about was really suspicious for Atletico and we know how well Simeone knows defenders, yet he absolutely bossed this at Tottenham. Savic was playing in Champions League final after Man City got rid of him. Boateng was not worth it in their eyes also and look, now he is considered one of the best in his position.

CB is special position. Though I would much rather buy someone who already looks good than hope the one we sign comes one. If only we would know it's on Conte's request. But hey, Rudiger may become good, it's not out of the question at all.

32 minutes ago, Blue Colored Sky said:

Sorry to interrupt into your conversation but Rudiger is really shittest option AT THE MOMENT. I already posted in his thread that Stuttgart was that desperate to get rid of him they accepted what Roma had to offer which was totally on their conditions. Roma hadn't face any competition which can say you a lot. Rudiger is plotting his move to Chelsea, amongst others, for couple of years and that's a cause for concern as it may be finalising long term interest just like Schurrle was for Mourinho (so not on manager request, not on Conte request).

I watched Roma and Rudiger was out of his depth before Spalleti took over. After that he was good but so was so many Roma players. Actually more was good/great than not. He has the potential but so many of them have.

But the thing is, he is defender and he may be brilliant. Unlike in any other position, defenders can raise from average to great at any age. Let's look at Benatia, who was released TWICE, even at the age of 23, then after a few years everyone was creaming their pants at thought of getting him. He was quoted by Roma director to cost 60m€ when Barca and Man Utd came asking. It's mad but it happens. Thiago Silva got his move from favellas, sorry Brazilian league, at the age of 24, to be the best CB 4 years later. Alderweireld we talk about was really suspicious for Atletico and we know how well Simeone knows defenders, yet he absolutely bossed this at Tottenham. Savic was playing in Champions League final after Man City got rid of him. Boateng was not worth it in their eyes also and look, now he is considered one of the best in his position.

CB is special position. Though I would much rather buy someone who already looks good than hope the one we sign comes one. If only we would know it's on Conte's request. But hey, Rudiger may become good, it's not out of the question at all.

Stuttgart wasn't desperate to sell him they wanted alot of money but no one wanted to pay then they panicked and sold him for much less and Chelsea,Man Utd and Arsenal were all interested in Rudiger.Rudiger is a rare player you can find he is strong,fast,great with the ball,his positioning is good,he can start attacks somethink Bonucci does for Conte. Btw this topic is about Lichtsteiner.

Y'know 2 years ago.. we signed players like Fabregas and Costa, and the season that followed, we won the league!

This year, after the actual WORST season under Roman Abramovich, we're now struggling to find names that would help re-shape a squad not even in Europe next season.. and we've come up with a 32-year-old! GREAT.. another pensioner to add to the growing collection.. if you indeed, pardon the unintentional pun!

Like I said, even after the season is done, we're still plummeting!

Although im against this thransfer,really can't understand people who wants 'Big names' transfers this summer.

We are out of Champions league for the next year,biggest competition in football,players would prefer much more Champions league football next season and that is rellity,deal with it.

Could be a nice cheap stop-gap tbh. If we are looking at players like Rüdiger, Manolas and Koulibaly for defence, they are all fairly young, so having experience in defence is not a bad thing. It is the line that needs maturity the most. I can see Lichtsteiner balancing his inexperienced CBs quite nicely. Although I'm not sure what happens to Azpi then, back to LB?

One question to those who know - is he an upgrade over Ivanovic?

6 hours ago, petre.ispirescu said:

Judge him after June 15th. That's when Switzerland play their 2nd match at the Euros. If he can't score four (one of which must be a chilena) against mighty Romania then he is no good.

Personally, I hope Chelsea watch the other fullback playing for Switzerland that day..

Filipe Luis at 29 for 14m (18m with addons) pounds is a great signing, but Stephan, who has actually been consistently a top RB for years now, at 30 for 12m euros is an awful signing? 

I really don't get this forum sometimes... 

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You