Stephan Lichtsteiner

NiclasCFC

4 minutes ago, Blue_Fox_ said:

No, he is not a bad player at all. The transfer would be atrociously so I'm afraid and terribly short sighted as well.
He's a right back, so Azpi would be pushed to the left for yet another 32 yo right back, with a back-up option (I'm assuming) consisting of Ivanovic.
He has played in Italy for so long that he will probably need time to adjust, and again he is 32 yo.
Ultimately it's not a RB we need, rather a LB.

I agree his age is the problem but he would be still good for 10m (the source is bad).

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 hours ago, Blue_Fox_ said:

No, he is not a bad player at all. The transfer would be atrociously so I'm afraid and terribly short sighted as well.
He's a right back, so Azpi would be pushed to the left for yet another 32 yo right back, with a back-up option (I'm assuming) consisting of Ivanovic.
He has played in Italy for so long that he will probably need time to adjust, and again he is 32 yo.
Ultimately it's not a RB we need, rather a LB.

Its unbeliavably vital to get back in the top four next season, this season it being our first out of CL for 14 years mixed with Conte's arrival shouldn't hinder us too much in the transfer market, fail again and it will become a problem.

We can't afford to be anything other than short sighted in that respect.

I seem to notice a lot of people are currently doing their best impression of the Real Madrid mentality.

If they aren't a big name (Pogba), or a biggish name (Radja), they are "another Papy" or "proof the board are cunts".

From my angle it looks like some of you are looking for any even minor excuse to keep up this beyond wierd vendetta against Emenalo/the board.

8 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I seem to notice a lot of people are currently doing their best impression of the Real Madrid mentality.

If they aren't a big name (Pogba), or a biggish name (Radja), they are "another Papy" or "proof the board are cunts".

From my angle it looks like some of you are looking for any even minor excuse to keep up this beyond wierd vendetta against Emenalo/the board.

People are doing the same with Rudiger. Not a big name, so means the board is ludicrous and he is going to be a ludicrous signing according to some people...

18 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Generally you are right,a lot of people,especially on this forum identify player by the 'size of his name'.

But I  think it's not that problem with sigining Stephan,he is simply old,he played over 10 years in Serie A which is much weaker then BPM,plus he played for Juventus who had a full monopol over that league last few years.If you ask me,we can buy a player who is absolute stranger but is younger and more capable to adapt to our squad.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You