The Official Anime Thread

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone give me a good anime to watch. I don't understand this stuff. All I've seen is DBZ and Pokemon ageees ago (which is just awful now). I like, umm, gangsters, bitches & hoes, weed, stabbing motherfuckers with 20 inch swords in the belly, cats, rap music and the colour purple.

Someone give me a good anime to watch. I don't understand this stuff. All I've seen is DBZ and Pokemon ageees ago (which is just awful now). I like, umm, gangsters, bitches & hoes, weed, stabbing motherfuckers with 20 inch swords in the belly, cats, rap music and the colour purple.

Based on that description, Samurai Champloo.

I haven't watched Anime for years but i do love Hunter x Hunter and Yu Yu Hakusho.

My man. Yu yu hakusho was the SHIT (best IMO next to DBZ)!

I remember coming home from school and turning on Toonami on Cartoonnetwork so i can catch the episodes!

I remember this one time i was trying to remember the show (hadn't finished the series for it got cancelled) and it was buggin me out!! I kid you not,

it took me legit 2 weeks of searching to find the show! (Talk about priorities :D ) But that was about 4/5 years ago.

However the fulfillment i got after finding it and finishing the show was just........mmmmmm, words cannot express mate. hahahaha

Is Kai better btw? I have every normal episode before they re made it but not watched kai yet. What have they changed?

I prefer Kai once you reach freeza saga for sure especially once the plant starts exploding, those episodes are kinda boring in DBZ, i think 5 minutes "dbz time" while planet was exploding took 5-10 epsiodes orso once in DBZ.

• 2 months later...

Occult Academy
banner_zpsc3f4d9e0.jpg
|Animation|Fantasy|

The story revolves around Maya - The daughter of the Former head Master of a private Japanese academy dedicated to the study of the occult who died in 1999, and a time traveling agent Uchida a mysterious young man who travels back in time from 2012. FirstAired on 07-05-2010

folder_zpsdc8793e5.png

• 1 month later...

anyone got any ideas on what to watch next?????

I have posted some suggestions. There are some excellent post here on people's favorite anime. Just curious have you seen Cowboy Bebop or Samurai Champloo? Excellent IMHO. You can never go wrong w/ Ninja Scroll (I know it's only a movie) or Ghost in the Shell (everything that is out there). Hell when I was in Japan last October, there were posters for GITS 2nd GiG all over the place. You know the one w/ the Individual 11. Awesome stuff.

GITS_SAC_2nd_GIG.jpg

need some suggestions.

so far i have seen - bleach , darker than black , highschool of the dead , monster and death note.

I recommend trying out Code Geass based on the animes you've mentioned. If you're looking for a general recommendation I agree with @robdog, you can't go wrong with the classic animes (series and movies) such as Cowboy Bebop. I'd also recommend Steins;Gate, a different style to the animes you've mentioned, but thus far everyone I've introduced it to has loved it.

I recommend trying out Code Geass based on the animes you've mentioned. If you're looking for a general recommendation I agree with @robdog, you can't go wrong with the classic animes (series and movies) such as Cowboy Bebop. I'd also recommend Stein's Gate, a different style to the animes you've mentioned, but thus far everyone I've introduced to it has loved it.

funny you mention code geass. i actually watched episode 1 earlier today and it was cool. had a lot of action in it.

need some suggestions.

so far i have seen - bleach , darker than black , highschool of the dead , monster and death note.

If you have enough time then go for One Piece (the best anime ever, better than dbz), If you don't have time go for Highschool DxD , it's the same genre as Highschool of the Dead but has a better plot.

• 2 weeks later...