The Official Anime Thread

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Naruto is coming to a close soon. :'( Been watching that show since I was 10 years old.

I've been watching One Piece lately, Zoro is my favorite character so far.

I know that feel, only 4 chapters left :( Not sure how they're gonna do the 'you know what fight' good in such few chapters though, hope Kishi' pulls it off. I'll be sad once it ends but tbh this whole arc been stretched far to long.

How far are you in on One Piece? One Piece is amazing, the best long running shonen, been going on for so long but yet there's still so much mysteries to be revealed. And yh lol Zoro's a beast :)

That is beautiful baby

La-segunda-temporada-de-Space-Dandy-se-e

Did you watch Space Dandy? Season 2 recently finished iirc, I heard good things about it, I've had that on plan to watch since before it was even released lol but still haven't got round to watching it.

Another Watanabe anime I did watch though was Zankyou no terror, it finished airing a few weeks ago now. I'd highly recommend it, thoroughly enjoyable

Did anyone here watch Hunter X Hunter? So sad it's finished Tuesday's will never be the same lol. Hope Togashi recovers/stops being so lazy :D

Did you watch Space Dandy? Season 2 recently finished iirc, I heard good things about it, I've had that on plan to watch since before it was even released lol but still haven't got round to watching it.

It's the Japanese Elvis Baby. I found it very funny. Plus dude likes Booty

Here is a lil' teaser for you

How far are you in on One Piece? One Piece is amazing, the best long running shonen, been going on for so long but yet there's still so much mysteries to be revealed. And yh lol Zoro's a beast :)

Luffy just fought Crocodile for the second time, so basically I'm at the end of the Alabasta/Viva arc. Can't believe I have ~500 more episodes to watch :lol:

• 4 weeks later...

06/11/14 the day Naruto (manga at least, there's still the final movie and the short follow up still to come) finally ended. :(

I believe there's still one final chapter, no?

EDIT: Oh wait, never mind. Just realized chapter 700 is out today as well. :lol: My bad.

Spoiler if you don't want the ending spoiled don't read.

Have to say Kishimoto (the writer) really messed up big.
The ending just feels incredibly rushed.

And what's up with the pairings ? I mean SS and NH become canon ? Are you kidding me ? Sasuke tried to kill her like 3 times and all it takes is an apology and Sakura goes all Sasuke-kuuuun again.

I always expected NS to happen. Just seemed like the only pairing that got any real development.

I always expected NS to happen. Just seemed like the only pairing that got any real development.
Yeah, definitely agree. They had even kissed before the time skip.

hqdefault.jpg

Besides it was the natural choice after they fought and shared those beautiful moments after losing their arms. Really disappointed.

:Goober:

Yeah, definitely agree. They had even kissed before the time skip.

hqdefault.jpg

Besides it was the natural choice after they fought and shared those beautiful moments after losing their arms. Really disappointed.

:Goober:

:D I was talking about Naruto and Sakura !

Although Sasuke and Naruto becoming canon would have been a better ending and would have made more sense then NH and SS. :P

:D I was talking about Naruto and Sakura !

Although Sasuke and Naruto becoming canon would have been a better ending and would have made more sense then NH and SS. :P

I know you were, hence the troll face. But I disagree with you on Naruto/Sakura, although yes, they had some development, it was never in a romantic direction imo. Both NS and SS would look a bit far fetched to me. But SS makes a bit more sense because Sakura was still crazy about Sasuke (which she shouldn't be, but it is what it is), whereas Naruto seemed to have got over his infatuation with Sakura throughout the series. Also, Sasuke might have even liked Sakura if he wasn't so obsessed with his revenge and goals before, it's not like he didn't like Sakura, it was more like he didn't really like anyone, haha.

I know you were, hence the troll face. But I disagree with you on Naruto/Sakura, although yes, they had some development, it was never in a romantic direction imo. Both NS and SS would look a bit far fetched to me. But SS makes a bit more sense because Sakura was still crazy about Sasuke (which she shouldn't be, but it is what it is), whereas Naruto seemed to have got over his infatuation with Sakura throughout the series. Also, Sasuke might have even liked Sakura if he wasn't so obsessed with his revenge and goals before, it's not like he didn't like Sakura, it was more like he didn't really like anyone, haha.
Well suppose it depends on how you look at it. I thought there was some romantic implication between Naruto and Sakura.

What bugs me most about it though is the lack of development between NH and SS. I mean it would have been easier to accept if Kishimoto actually had them have some development but SS basically had nothing in part 2. Not to mention that Sasuke tried to kill Sakura 3 times. It just doesn't sit right with me.

Also what of Naruto and his feelings for Sakura. Are we to believe that he just gave up on her ? Naruto, the main character who's life motto was to never give up.

He basically goes to all the trouble of saving Sasuke only to see Sasuke walking of with the girl Naruto's Always loved.

Like i said before it just doesn't sit right with me. NS had more development and frequently talked and hanged out with eachother. NH barely had any moments where they talked and SS didn't have any in part 2.