• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

BUMP!

Wow! It's taken me this long to realise there's a thread about anime! :o

At the moment, I'm watching Code Geass. One of the most climactic series I've watched! On YT, you can watch the first few episodes merged into one video. There's also Death Note as well but I'm guessing we all know what that Anime is all about! :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfTj0h3DOII

Also, Chrono Crusade is a popular choice, however, the ending to the series is incredibly sad and upsetting, but still a good anime!

• 3 weeks later...

I know this thread seems pretty dead of late but can anyone help me? I'm starting to get back into anime but unsure of which way to go about watching it. The last series I have watched I have simply streamed online to watch. However I don't like to watch these at my computer, especially if its a long series, I rather chill out on my sofa. I have tried downloading episodes onto external drive and done it that way but it's a pain in the ass to convert mpv files into mp4 for it to work on my PS3, even though the result is good.

What about subscribing to a network channel like crunchyroll? Does anyone have any experience with these? I'm in the UK; does that affect the legality of subscribing to such sites?

And to keep from this post from being to stale this is the latest anime I have watched, it's called Fate Stay Night: Unlimited Blade works. It's only aired 12 episodes so far but the next batch is coming out very soon. It's got fantastic animation and great fights. Very fluid and looks great in HD. This is the 'poster girl', Saber. The show is based off the visual novel.

fate-stay-night-ufotable.jpg

I know this thread seems pretty dead of late but can anyone help me? I'm starting to get back into anime but unsure of which way to go about watching it. The last series I have watched I have simply streamed online to watch. However I don't like to watch these at my computer, especially if its a long series, I rather chill out on my sofa. I have tried downloading episodes onto external drive and done it that way but it's a pain in the ass to convert mpv files into mp4 for it to work on my PS3, even though the result is good.

What about subscribing to a network channel like crunchyroll? Does anyone have any experience with these? I'm in the UK; does that affect the legality of subscribing to such sites?

And to keep from this post from being to stale this is the latest anime I have watched, it's called Fate Stay Night: Unlimited Blade works. It's only aired 12 episodes so far but the next batch is coming out very soon. It's got fantastic animation and great fights. Very fluid and looks great in HD. This is the 'poster girl', Saber. The show is based off the visual novel.

Looks like a spin off off the Fate/ series inparticular Fate/Zero. Saber is one of the main servants in Fate/Zero.

I just finished Psycho Pass. Pretty good, expecting a second season.

Crunchyroll is certainly worth it. They have the licenses for a lot of good anime. If you have a playstation, you can make a US account and download the crunchyroll app to watch the latest anime on full hd on your tv/projector etc. Really does amplify the viewing experience.

Looks like a spin off off the Fate/ series inparticular Fate/Zero. Saber is one of the main servants in Fate/Zero.

What if I told you the second season already came out and finished airing at the end of last year. (But don't get your hopes up, didn't come close to the first season but it had its moments.)

Yeah I haven't seen Fate/Zero but hear some very positive reviews about it. Will definitely watch it at some point.

Crunchyroll is certainly worth it. They have the licenses for a lot of good anime. If you have a playstation, you can make a US account and download the crunchyroll app to watch the latest anime on full hd on your tv/projector etc. Really does amplify the viewing experience.

Thanks for reply! I've literally spent all my evening finding out the best way to watch anime on TV, and researching different networks. I'll definitely grab a sub at crunchyroll and possibly funimation later on. It saves downloading the shows to watch. I'm even thinking of buying a Roku Box; I have a few HDTVs around the house, but with the box I can easily connect it up to any one of them depending if I want to be in living room or upstairs in bed.

Yeah I haven't seen Fate/Zero but hear some very positive reviews about it. Will definitely watch it at some point.

Have you only watched fate/ stay night unlimited bladeworks ? Fate/ Zero is the prequel to fate/stay night series. It's about the previous grail war.

You also have Fate/ stay night which has 24 episodes and has an alternate storyline then Fate/ stay night unlimited bladeworks. It's about the same characters and it starts out the same but takes a different path.

Since you liked fate stay night unlimited blade works i would highly recommend you watch fate stay night. ;)

Have you only watched fate/ stay night unlimited bladeworks ? Fate/ Zero is the prequel to fate/stay night series. It's about the previous grail war.

You also have Fate/ stay night which has 24 episodes and has an alternate storyline then Fate/ stay night unlimited bladeworks. It's about the same characters and it starts out the same but takes a different path.

Since you liked fate stay night unlimited blade works i would highly recommend you watch fate stay night. ;)

I played the visual novel of fate stay night, but never saw the animation until recently. Apparently the 2006 fate stay night anime wasn't very good? I'll probs check it out as I do like the series. And definitely fate/zero.

The 2006 anime is a waste of time IMO. The only positive thing about it is that the fate zero gets clearer.

Currently watching Magi S2. S1 was pretty neat. It reminds me a bit of one piece. Adventure,comedy,drama.

I played the visual novel of fate stay night, but never saw the animation until recently. Apparently the 2006 fate stay night anime wasn't very good? I'll probs check it out as I do like the series. And definitely fate/zero.

Well it's not as good as unlimited bladeworks but i still think you'd like it. I did atleast. ;)

The 2006 anime is a waste of time IMO. The only positive thing about it is that the fate zero gets clearer.

Currently watching Magi S2. S1 was pretty neat. It reminds me a bit of one piece. Adventure,comedy,drama.

Well i'd agree it's not as good as Fate / stay night unlimited bladeworks but i still liked it.

This storyline reminds me of The Sacred Blacksmith - I found it very entertaining

167746-the_sacred_blacksmith.jpg

for me I watch Adult Swim here in the US on Cartoon Network. I know it's lame, but I don't have the time to keep up. Messageboards & Social Media can help. Also get you an account on kissanime - you can get info on other anime there