What's your typing speed?

We Hate Scouse

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pr22, Hutcho, do the test already!!

Words per minute (WPM) 71 Keystrokes 355

(355 | 0) Correct words 67 Wrong words 0 You are better than 88.88% of all users (position 8364 of 75240 - last 24 hours)

My first try. I'll do this again later but now I'm too busy cooking. :P

Words per minute (WPM) 71 Keystrokes 355

(355 | 0) Correct words 67 Wrong words 0 You are better than 88.88% of all users (position 8364 of 75240 - last 24 hours)

My first try. I'll do this again later but now I'm too busy cooking. :P

Added ;)

And this is how things stand now:

1. manpe [Estonia] (124)

2. LumH [Albania] (122)

3. Alex [England] (112)

4. Rambo [Canada] (107)

5. capriccioso [Australia] (99)

6. Pr22 [Finland] (93)

7. Bir_CFC [Canada] (91)

8. Clevemayer [Germany] (90)

9. Sh0n3x [serbia] (89)

10. We Hate Scouse [England] (84)

11. Artinho [slovenia] (82)

12. BluesMaster [England] (82)

13. sil826 [italy] (80)

14. RyanDavidson [scotland] (78)

15. Naked Mole Rat [south Korea] (74)

16. Dave30 [England] (63)

17. Spike Spiegel [Australia] (63)

18. Kezza [New Zealand] (57)

19. Hutcho_CFC [England] (52)

20. Liquidator [England] (44)

In the event of tied scores, the ranking is based on alphabetical order. Great for Alex, Artinho and others. Not so good for We Hate Scouse or Spike Spiegel (sorry guys).

Words per minute (WPM) 77 Keystrokes 391

(386 | 5) Correct words 74 Wrong words 1 You are better than 91.52% of all users (position 6377 of 75183 - last 24 hours)

At least a little better than my first but didn't move up the ladder with this one yet. :(

I see that the current holder of the first place @manpe hasn't done this in English (position 0 out of 63). That's right motherfucker, we got you now! :ph34r:

Is it allowed to do the test in my native language instead of English? Much easier for me because my fingers are more used to writing words in Finnish and when trying to type fast in English I'm sometimes having trouble finding the letter which are not common in Finnish (Q, W, Z, B etc.)

c812ee4a29f937220789e0cd8ecaa2c0.png?1343416402

I see that the current holder of the first place @manpe hasn't done this in English (position 0 out of 63). That's right motherfucker, we got you now! :ph34r:

Is it allowed to do the test in my native language instead of English? Much easier for me because my fingers are more used to writing words in Finnish and when trying to type fast in English I'm sometimes having trouble finding the letter which are not common in Finnish (Q, W, Z, B etc.)

True, I did it in my native language. It was my second try, my first try in Estonian was shameful, a bit over 100 WPM. I did it to test out how it would fare against English... tbh, there was no real difference. The words were generally longer, which is reflected in the amount of keystrokes and words (more keystrokes in Estonian, but significantly less words). I don't know how I got 126 WPM tbh, since in the English one I typed more words, but less keystrokes, which is probably why.

I still feel I can do better though. In total I've done about 5-7 tests, so there is naturally room for improvement. I make some annoying mistakes, get lapses in concentration and thus slow down a bit. I find the best way to do it is if you read the words out loud while typing.

And yes I think it would be fairer if it was allowed to be done in native language, otherwise the English speaking folks will have an advantage ;)