Pre season predictions

Tomo

While im waiting for the match i thought i would make my pre season predictions, do you agree.

Premier League table

1. Manchester United - Fergie will not take what happened in May lying down, rumours of him bowing out next season and will look to do it on a high if their is any truth to it.

2. Manchester City - Great season last season but like ive said before i don't think they will dominate under Mancini and they will fall to 2nd.

3. Chelsea - 6th to 1st is too big a jump imho, add that to the new players that will probably be coming in, them gelling while bringing 3rd place and an attractive brand of football would be considered a great season for us.

4. Arsenal - For all of Wenger's faults in the last 7 season's, he sure knows how to keep Arsenal in the top four.

5. Tottenham - The fans will need to be patient with AVB and i can't see him getting top 4 in his first season.

6. Newcastle - Great season last season, got a great squad now and look like adding to it with Debuncy (spelling) as he wants to go there, won't be too far behind Spurs.

7. Fulham - Surprise package for me next season, Jol is a great coach and Fulham have some vastly under rated players.

8. Everton - Moyes will keep them competitive, but lack of depth will nullify a Europa bid.

9. Liverpool - Can't see Rodgers having anything other than a nightmare, brought into a big job after working miracles with a mid table team, you would have thought Liverpool would have learned from the Roy nightmare.

10. Sunderland - O Neil has got them playing again after the nightmare end for Bruce, can see a solid 10th place finish for the Black Cats.

11. Stoke - The Brittania is arguably the toughest place to visit after the big teams, but their poor away form will prevent them from making the top half.

12. West Ham - Say what you like about Big Sam's brand of football, but it gets results.

13. Aston Villa - Won't do anywhere near as bad as under McLeish, but have a lot to do before they get close to the height of the O Neil reign.

14. QPR - Astute signing in Park and an experienced manager, they won't be threatened by relegation this time around but it's a season too early for a top half finish.

15. Reading - Will be on a high after promotion as champions last season, can see them having some momentum early in the season, which will keep them up.

16. West Brom - I think the loss of Roy might hit them a bit, but Steve is talented enough to keep West Brom up and i think he will with about 2 or 3 games to spare.

17. Wigan - They always find a way and i think they will again.

18. Norwich - 2nd season syndrome, manager gone, Holt unsettled, they will struggle and Wigan will just about pip the Canaries for safety.

19. Southampton - They play good football but i don't think they are strong enough to survive.

20. Swansea - The 2nd half of last season teams were working them out, i think they will be the shock strugglers and finish bottom.

FA Cup - Chelsea

Champions League - Real Madrid

Carling Cup - Manchester City

Promoted from the Championship - Bolton (as Champions), Leeds (runners up) and Birmingham (via play offs).

Shock of the season - Blackburn to suffer back to back relegation's (if Keen stays incharge).

What are your predictions? (PS great timing kick off for our friendly is approaching now :D )

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice idea for a thread:

1. Man United- they are the biggest club in the world and for good reason. They will improve, especially if they buy a centre midfielder. I still don't rate Man City. They are vulnerable.

2. Man City- despite their vulnerabilities, the rest of the Premiership are varying shades of wank. They should cement 2nd spot by about 10 points.

3. Chelsea- the brightest shade of wank. I still think we're nowhere near a title winning side at this point.

4. Arsenal- van Persie or not, Wenger will get them here.

5. Everton- always likely as long as they get off to a good start.

6. Spurs- they look to be on the verge of losing their best players.

7. Fulham- is Dempsey off? If so I would have to revise this.

8. Stoke- this will be a good year for them, its about time they built on being mid table for the past 5 or so seasons.

9. Newcastle- one hit wonders. They missed their chance, it's back to mediocrity they go.

10. Wigan- if they can play like they did towards the end of last season, they definitely can get this high up the table.

11. Aston Villa- they have to improve, now McLeish is gone. It's surely impossible for them to be that dire again.

12. West Ham- Operation Allardyce will get them well above expectations. He is a magnificent manager, very underrated.

13. Southampton- they can Swansea their way to playing above expectations.

14. Liverpool- rubbish. Only a few years from battling for relegation.

15. Norwich- get Holt to stop acting the cunt and they should be fine.

16. QPR- they'll shit their way to another escape on the final day.

17. Sunderland- Bruce will haunt them.

18. West Brom- Roy's gone and I don't think Steve can do it.

19. Reading- they may have had good Championship form but I'm not impressed by them.

20. Swansea- no Gylfi or Rogers means trouble ahead.

FA Cup: Everton

Carling Cup: Doncaster Rovers

Champions League: Real Madrid

Shock of the season: Newcastle to perform awfully.

Promoted teams: Bolton, not sure about the others.

Top scorer in the Premier League: Mario Balotelli with 26 goals.

1st chelsea. Imo we have the best squad in the league with great depth.

2nd man city. Only team who's sqaud is as deep as ours and has the calliabre of player.

3rd Man Utd. Fergie makes a fairly average team on paper to title contenders most years, but tbh i can't see it this season, they still have a load of shit..

4th Arsenal. Will smash the small teams but still lose to the big ones.

5th Tottenham. If they can keep hold of bale and bring in a replacement for Modric then they could have a good season.

6th Newcastle. If they can keep hold of thier good players they can have another good season, be tough to surpass last season.

7th Everton

8th Liverpool - Scouse team is shit, even though the fans think they are a top 4 team lol.

9th Fulham

10th Sunderland, better season than last.

11th stoke

12th Aston villa.

13th Southhampton

14th Wigan

15th West ham

16th Swansea

17th Norwhich

18th southhampton

19th West brom

20th QPR Anton ferdinand can suck it.

FA cup Chelsea

Carling Cup Chelsea

Champions league Tottenham.... Oh wait.... :wank2: , Barcelona will be back with a vengence i fear,

Shock of the season Cech scores more goals than downing.

Top scorer in the Prem: Eden Hazard with 26. blue%20scalf.gif

Remember you heard it here first :)

haha!!! how can anyone think Man U will win the league??? Im pretty sure it will be a two horse race between Chelsea and Man City! with us being to strong for them in the run in!

Our squad is easily good enough to win the PL and we haven't even finished spending yet as well!

1. Chelsea

2. Man City

3. Man United

4. Arsenal

5. Newcastle

6. Tottenham

7. Everton

1- Manchester City- They'll edge it once more with Utd chasing them all the way and TX will announce the end of the world as a result (lol)

2- Manchester United- Will come close again and SAF will stay with them for another season

3- Chelsea FC- We will keep up with Manchesters for the most part of the season and finish comfortably in third.

4- Tottenham- AVB will guide them to the CL while keeping the attacking brand of football.

5- Arsenal- Their luck will run out and they will not make it to the CL and finally get rid of whinny Wenger at the end of yet another trophy-less season.

6- Liverpool- Rodgers will do better than Queen Kenny. A 6th place finish will make the ever-delusional fans say that they will be challenging for the tittle the following year.

7- Everton- Moyes will get them to Europa league

8- Fullham- They will continue to do well under Jol but will just miss out on European football.

9- Sunderland- O'Niel will guide them to challenge for European football.

16- Wigan- will pull another escape off after being bottom of the table for half of the season

17- West Brom- I thin they will be in a lot of trouble next season.

18- West Ham- Did not impress me at all in the championship.

19- Swansea- They had a tough time towards the end of the season and without Rodgers they are likely to have more trouble

20- Stoke- No where near the team they were 2 seasons ago, I see them going down next season.

No disrespect to the opinions here but whoever say we can win the title easily and especially because we have the best squad in the Premier League now is deluded and needs a brain check. Arguably, our squad in terms of quality and depth are almost the same as last season, if not just a tad better. We still need quality players for 2-3 positions before to be truly considered as a title challenger. Maybe we will be there and there about next season but whether we can stay competitive from start to finish for the title, I have my doubts and that would depend on who get some more before the transfer window closes. IF anything, next season will probably be a transitional year for us in the league and building a platform to really go for the title in the 2013/14 season and the following seasons as well.

1. Man United - Sir Alex is a great manager and with the addition of Kagawa to bolster the midfield along with the return of Vidic they will regain their title.

2.Chelsea - I really like the look of Chelsea at the moment, and I'm not just saying that because of you guys. Solid defence with Cahill, Terry, Cole and Ivanovic along with a pacey midfield involving Ramires, Hazard, Marin and De Bruyne. Though I only think you'll finish that high if Torres can get off the ground.

3. Manchester City - Great players no doubt, but Mancini is shite. Seriously the only reason they won last season was because United had their best defender out for the season.

4. Everton - Optimistic I know, but for four of the last 5 or 6 seasons we've been in the top 3 form sides in the country from January but we always start poorly, though I think that will change as for the first time we will be starting the season with a proven goalscorer! (Jelavic)We've improved on last years squad with Pienaar's signing looking imminent, the addition of Naismith and I can't see us losing Baines or Fellaini. Also the other sides around that position won't do to well in my opinion.

5. Arsenal - Podolski will be a flop I'm certain of it, Van Persie will leave. Though they'll have the return of Wilshere to boost their quality and I think Giroud will do quite well, though won't carry them for an entire season like RVP.

6. Spurs- they only look like losing Modric really out of their better players, Adebayor looks close too. But Modric is a huge part of their play and I'm not sure on AVB.

7. Newcastle - Don't think they will lose anyone important but Europa league will hinder them in my opinion.

8. Liverpool - They are pretty shit and I can't see the 'Anfield faithful' taking to Rodgers. Suarez's days are numbered and the expectations (as deluded as they are) are too difficult to handle for any manager.

9. Aston Villa - i think Lambert will turn them around, really rate him as a manager, McCleish absolutely killed them last year. He'll get N'Zogbia going and Bent will chip in with his usual 20 goals a season.

10. Sunderland - O'Neill is a good manager and as long as they bring in a half decent striker then they should be able to do top ten.

11. Fulham - can't see Dempsey staying and even if he does I can't see him replicating last seasons form, they have swapped Zamora/Pog with Rodellega which is clearly a disaster waiting to happen.

12. West Ham- Big Sam, need I say more?

13. Swansea - Not sure the new manager will too well, but he'll maintain the philosophy which works well enough.

14. West Brom - Good manager in Clarke but they have a poor squad.

15. Southampton - Might be a surprise for a few people who will have them for the drop but I think Lallana and Lambert will shine in the premier league.

16. QPR- I actually think they'll do better but I hate Hughes.

17. Norwich - They'll struggle this year, but I think they will squeeze through

18. Wigan - time to go.

19. Reading- they may have had good Championship form but I'm not impressed by them.

20. Stoke - Pulis' dreadful tactics won't be enough to get them to stay up.

1. Man United - Sir Alex is a great manager and with the addition of Kagawa to bolster the midfield along with the return of Vidic they will regain their title.

2.Chelsea - I really like the look of Chelsea at the moment, and I'm not just saying that because of you guys. Solid defence with Cahill, Terry, Cole and Ivanovic along with a pacey midfield involving Ramires, Hazard, Marin and De Bruyne. Though I only think you'll finish that high if Torres can get off the ground.

3. Manchester City - Great players no doubt, but Mancini is shite. Seriously the only reason they won last season was because United had their best defender out for the season.

4. Everton - Optimistic I know, but for four of the last 5 or 6 seasons we've been in the top 3 form sides in the country from January but we always start poorly, though I think that will change as for the first time we will be starting the season with a proven goalscorer! (Jelavic)We've improved on last years squad with Pienaar's signing looking imminent, the addition of Naismith and I can't see us losing Baines or Fellaini. Also the other sides around that position won't do to well in my opinion.

5. Arsenal - Podolski will be a flop I'm certain of it, Van Persie will leave. Though they'll have the return of Wilshere to boost their quality and I think Giroud will do quite well, though won't carry them for an entire season like RVP.

6. Spurs- they only look like losing Modric really out of their better players, Adebayor looks close too. But Modric is a huge part of their play and I'm not sure on AVB.

7. Newcastle - Don't think they will lose anyone important but Europa league will hinder them in my opinion.

8. Liverpool - They are pretty shit and I can't see the 'Anfield faithful' taking to Rodgers. Suarez's days are numbered and the expectations (as deluded as they are) are too difficult to handle for any manager.

9. Aston Villa - i think Lambert will turn them around, really rate him as a manager, McCleish absolutely killed them last year. He'll get N'Zogbia going and Bent will chip in with his usual 20 goals a season.

10. Sunderland - O'Neill is a good manager and as long as they bring in a half decent striker then they should be able to do top ten.

11. Fulham - can't see Dempsey staying and even if he does I can't see him replicating last seasons form, they have swapped Zamora/Pog with Rodellega which is clearly a disaster waiting to happen.

12. West Ham- Big Sam, need I say more?

13. Swansea - Not sure the new manager will too well, but he'll maintain the philosophy which works well enough.

14. West Brom - Good manager in Clarke but they have a poor squad.

15. Southampton - Might be a surprise for a few people who will have them for the drop but I think Lallana and Lambert will shine in the premier league.

16. QPR- I actually think they'll do better but I hate Hughes.

17. Norwich - They'll struggle this year, but I think they will squeeze through

18. Wigan - time to go.

20. Stoke - Pulis' dreadful tactics won't be enough to get them to stay up.

I hope you guys finish fourth, I don't mind Everton! Much better than fucking Tottenham or Arsenal.

Nice idea for a thread:

1. Man United- they are the biggest club in the world and for good reason. They will improve, especially if they buy a centre midfielder. I still don't rate Man City. They are vulnerable.

2. Man City- despite their vulnerabilities, the rest of the Premiership are varying shades of wank. They should cement 2nd spot by about 10 points.

3. Chelsea- the brightest shade of wank. I still think we're nowhere near a title winning side at this point.

Agree with the predictions as long as United sign Modric/Moutinho/RVP. City maybe a wildcard this time around. they may yet make an addition to the squad and make it even better but i agree fergie will get united through

Chelsea are a work in progress and anyone "EXPECTING" a title win is being unrealistic

Our squad is easily good enough to win the PL and we haven't even finished spending yet as well!

No it isn't. We're fucked if at any point Cech or Ivanovic get injured and if (when) Torres fails. Let's keep things firmly in perspective, we only have a few competent players in each position, 3 centre backs, 1 right back and 2 left backs. We have 1 goalkeeper. We don't have any reliable strikers. We have 2 new signings from different leagues who may take time to adjust to the different style of football. So much can go wrong there.

And Manchester United are always the favourites for the PL, purely because of who they are and who their manager is. You can never write them off.

United are my favourites but we will push them till the end... but searioulsy arsenal out of top 4 is never gona happen.. we can hate them but has to appreciate Mr.wenger is a g8 coach...and i hate city..but they have a big squad...

whatever gonna happen this will be the most intresting battle in years...

Haha! do people on here actually think we are that far behind the Manchester clubs??? Do people actually think our squad was only good enough to finish 6th last season??? if you do then you need your head tested! its stupid to even look at last season in the PL as some sort of marker as to what we can achieve this season! AVB completely destroyed our team at the start of last season by making them play a style that didn't suit them and played to their weaknesses rather than their strengths! then after that the players lost trust and respect for AVB and things could only go one way from there and that was downhill.

Then RDM came in and didn't even bother in the PL and focused more on the cup competitions! so people who think going from 6th to 1st is to much of a jump is deluded! with the squad we could potentially have at the beginging of the season we could easily win back the PL! our squad last season was easily good enough to challenege for the title all the way to final day of the season! if we had Fergie, Pep or Mourinho as our manager last season instead of AVB i would gaurantee we would have at the very very least finished 3rd but probably would have finished in the top 2!

So now this season we have added so much more creativity to our team, we will still bring in a RB, Oscar then another front man, while getting rid of some dead wood and our squad will be more than capable of winning the title! but hey these same people who think we cant win the PL this season are probably the same people who thought we could'nt win the CL last season! all i know is we have a great chance of winning the title next season no doubt about that!

Haha! do people on here actually think we are that far behind the Manchester clubs??? Do people actually think our squad was only good enough to finish 6th last season??? if you do then you need your head tested! its stupid to even look at last season in the PL as some sort of marker as to what we can achieve this season! AVB completely destroyed our team at the start of last season by making them play a style that didn't suit them and played to their weaknesses rather than their strengths! then after that the players lost trust and respect for AVB and things could only go one way from there and that was downhill.

Then RDM came in and didn't even bother in the PL and focused more on the cup competitions! so people who think going from 6th to 1st is to much of a jump is deluded! with the squad we could potentially have at the beginging of the season we could easily win back the PL! our squad last season was easily good enough to challenege for the title all the way to final day of the season! if we had Fergie, Pep or Mourinho as our manager last season instead of AVB i would gaurantee we would have at the very very least finished 3rd but probably would have finished in the top 2!

So now this season we have added so much more creativity to our team, we will still bring in a RB, Oscar then another front man, while getting rid of some dead wood and our squad will be more than capable of winning the title! but hey these same people who think we cant win the PL this season are probably the same people who thought we could'nt win the CL last season! all i know is we have a great chance of winning the title next season no doubt about that!

Look at the history of the premier league, the Champions almost always were the previous season's champions or the previous season's 2nd place side, there has only been 3 exceptions to the rule and all those times the teams went from 3rd to 1st, history suggest's that the title is usually between the previous season's top two with the 3rd place side having an outside shot.