Pre season predictions

Tomo

Look at the history of the premier league, the Champions almost always were the previous season's champions or the previous season's 2nd place side, there has only been 3 exceptions to the rule and all those times the teams went from 3rd to 1st, history suggest's that the title is usually between the previous season's top two with the 3rd place side having an outside shot.

Haha!!! what stupid logic to use!!!

how many teams in PL history had their 1st half of the season destroyed by an incompetent manager! and then a new manager coming in for the 2nd half if the season and not even bother in the PL? Us finishing 6th last season was not a true reflection of what that team was capable of achieving! last season was a real freak season! how many teams have won the CL after finishing 6th in their domestic league?

The truth is our squad last season was not the 6th best in the PL had we had a quality manager from the start we would have easily finished somewhere in the top 3!!! now this season we have strengthened and will continue to strengthen! we were really a top 3 club last season and for this season with the squad we are building we are easily a top 2 club and could easily win the PL this season! as i said using last season 6th place finish as some sort of marker of what we can achieve this season is a joke! because we are clearly not the 6th best team in the league!

If we can go from finishing 2nd to 6th! im pretty sure we can go from 6th to 1st!!!

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how many teams in PL history had their 1st half of the season destroyed by an incompetent manager! and then a new manager coming in for the 2nd half if the season and not even bother in the PL? Us finishing 6th last season was not a true reflection of what that team was capable of achieving! last season was a real freak season! how many teams have won the CL after finishing 6th in their domestic league?

The truth is our squad last season was not the 6th best in the PL had we had a quality manager from the start we would have easily finished somewhere in the top 3!!! now this season we have strengthened and will continue to strengthen! we were really a top 3 club last season and for this season with the squad we are building we are easily a top 2 club and could easily win the PL this season! as i said using last season 6th place finish as some sort of marker of what we can achieve this season is a joke! because we are clearly not the 6th best team in the league!

If we can go from finishing 2nd to 6th! im pretty sure we can go from 6th to 1st!!!

me too

with oscar (probably), marin and mata

we could actually be on the top of the table :)

The top four (in order) will be City, Chelsea, United, Everton.

Mark my words.

Anyways I agree with most of the people here. We'll probably finish comfortably in 3rd (closer to 2nd than 4th). Perhaps if we really hit our gears than 2nd, but at the moment Citeh's squad is much more settled than ours and a has a bit more quality in CM and alot more in ST. For us, a lot of new players will have to gel together and adapt to the PL. The season after this upcoming one is where I expect us to really Challenge.

It won't be easy but agree we COULD do it

Incompetent manager? I'm not having that. It wasn't his fault the players acted like pretentious little dickheads. If they shut up and listened to him things would have gone a lot differently. And if he had some speed at the back, as well. Blame Mad Mike Emenalo for that.

Mark my words, he will go onto great things in the future. We might not regret letting him go as we gained a Champions League out of it, but I'm sure with the right team he can achieve anything he wants to.

Yes it was!

How so? If Chelsea FC were a business, and AVB was the manager, he would have every right to sack each of our players. In any situation other than football the players were totally in the wrong, you must respect your manager no matter how funny his touchline squat looks.

By the way, even though I put us fourth, I don't expect us to finish there but I expect top six, if arsenal have a poor season then I don't think there's much difference in terms of quality between everton, Newcastle, Liverpool and tottenham.

By the way, even though I put us fourth, I don't expect us to finish there but I expect top six, if arsenal have a poor season then I don't think there's much difference in terms of quality between everton, Newcastle, Liverpool and tottenham.

that sounds more likely

How so? If Chelsea FC were a business, and AVB was the manager, he would have every right to sack each of our players. In any situation other than football the players were totally in the wrong, you must respect your manager no matter how funny his touchline squat looks.

It was AVB's fault for a number of reasons! The players didn't just not like him and not respect him for no reason you know! He came into the club with so much arrogance expecting everyone to go with his ideas, he tried to change too much too quickly! he tried to push out the older players which was just stupid! The guy has no man management skills what so ever! And when your not even interested to build relationships with your players then your asking for trouble!

Especially at Chelsea where we are used to having great man managers like Mourinho, Hiddink, Ancelotti and now RDM! There is a reason why those four have been successful at Chelsea and managers like Scolari and AVB haven't! Because the successful managers earned respect from the players, they actually spoke to the players individually and built bonds with their players. Then people like Scolari couldn't even speak english so was at a disadvantage straight away, and then AVB just distanced himself from the players, he wasn't interested in building a good relationship with his players! How do you expect those players to want to fight for him when the guy doesn't even want to know them!

He was supposed to be some sort of tactical genius but he proved to everyone that actually he is far from a tactical genius! More like a tactical moron! How can you go to Old Trafford and set your team up to play such an open game! And then the worst of all was going to Napoli (who everyone knows as one of the best counter attacking teams in the world) and set your team up to be counter attacked??? What kind of idiot does that? I'm just glad we topped our group otherwise we would have played Barca in the last 16 and I guarantee AVB would have set us up to play a open game against Barca which would have resulted in us probably conceding 4 goals at LEAST!!! In the 1st leg If we were lucky!

The players could obviously see how incompetent he is tactically and how much of a joke he is as a man manger! All I know is when a new manager comes into a new team he should look at the players available to him and play to the players strengths! But not AVB he comes in and doesn't care what our strengths are he just expected us to be able to play like Barca over night! And when it clearly wasn't working he was to stubborn to admit he was wrong! When all the players knew they weren't going to get anywhere playing like that!

The players gave him every chance to show them why Chelsea wanted him so badly and all he showed them was how much of a arrogant, stubborn and very very naïve manager he is! Look at the way he treated Alex and Anelka as well! How do expect to get respect from your players when you treat them like that!

I'm interested to see this season if he has learned from his lessons at Chelsea because if he hasn't then it won't be long until he gets sacked again! And by the looks of thing the way he is handling the Modric situation makes me think he hasn't changed all!

It was mostly AVB's fault, but the players played their part in him getting sacked, no pun intended.