Daniel Sturridge

the wes

Shame Sturridge had to take the shine away from an otherwise perfect performance with selfish play towards the end.

He really wanted a hat trick. I hate to criticize such a good performance, but he started playing like a striker instead of a winger at the end.

Shame Sturridge had to take the shine away from an otherwise perfect performance with selfish play towards the end.

I'd be more concerned if a young, hungry talent was playing for the team all the time. Selfishness in front of goal is what makes good players into great players.

Selfishness in front of goal is what makes good players into great players.

Lol...I was actually going to say the opposite. :P

As far as today's performance from him goes, you can't ask for more than that. But he could have made more goals for the team in the latter stages if he had just looked out for his team-mates who were also arriving in the box.

That way he'll earn more respect from the other players. Otherwise we'll have a "Scholes calling Nani a ball hog" type situation.

However I'm not too worried...If all goes well, he'll have a more mature head on his shoulders a few years from now and that'll make him an even better player.

I actually wanted Danny to be a bit selfish because I really wanted him and Lampsy to get hattricks a piece, but his shots were bad unluckily. When he got the pass from Drogs in the box I already shouted "GOAL!", but it skipped wide... those kind of mistakes serve well for a youngster, he gets the chance to learn from it ;) The ability is there, experience will come.

Tbh, I don't mind him being snubbed atm..

Keeps him focused on Chelsea.. Though I would like to see him at the Euro's at least.

The Way Crapello is talking it sound like he will pick Oxlade fucking Chabelin before him, if he does that i will seriously start to wonder whether he has a anti chelsea agenda.

FRANK LAMPARD is backing Daniel Sturridge to burst on to the England scene as Fabio Capello looks for the man to replace Wayne Rooney.

"There is no doubt Daniel will break through at international level. It's just a matter of when it happens for him.

"He can be a great player for Chelsea and for England. He has skill, unbelievable speed off the mark and he can finish. What more can you ask?

"He brings the excitement that supporters crave and his pace gives him the ability to beat his man and create a goal out of nothing."

"His time with Bolton gave him the confidence that he could do it in the Premier League.

"He never got the chance here so he went to Bolton, scored regularly and returned to Chelsea for pre-season training with a spring in his step and showed he is going to be a top-drawer player.

"You can see the manager trusts him from the fact he has thrown him straight into the team this season."

Sturridge has been criticised in the past for being too big for his boots. But Lamps insisted: "Sometimes people confuse over-confidence with a desire to do well.

"He has every right to be confident because he has the ability to become a great player."