Daniel Sturridge

the wes

i seriously doubt that he is "turning out" to be an amazing striker. he already was an amazing striker. :)

no he wasn't. He was a good player with us and should not have been sold aside. At least not based on skill alone, but some of us considered there was more to it than that.

Players evolve and he seems to have evolve. Even not considering his ability, look at him, he looks a lot stronger physically than he did a couple of years ago.

he was exactly what he was a couple of years ago. he played on the right wing and was one of our highet goal scorer and until december was definitely our player of the season. and that was when he was playing out of position. he was an amazing striker who was given the cold shoulder by our manager and board, just to promote torres.

the only difference i see between the sturridge of now and then is that he is at PEACE with himself. he knows he does not have to prove anything to any1. he no longer takes shots from 30-35 yards out just to show every1 that he is special. and that has made him a better player.

Disagree. Players are constantly improving and to me it is clear that Sturridge has. It would've been very strange if a player as young as he is did not improve. We can all be disappointed that our coaches did not see that potential in him, but that happens all the time (potential ability is difficult to assess). However, I certainly did not see this amazing player when he was with us.

Disagree. Players are constantly improving and to me it is clear that Sturridge has. It would've been very strange if a player as young as he is did not improve. We can all be disappointed that our coaches did not see that potential in him, but that happens all the time (potential ability is difficult to assess). However, I certainly did not see this amazing player when he was with us.

Sturridge has improved at Liverpool for sure, but there have been a few people on here like myself and didierforever that saw that he was a special player when he was here. People always tend to forget that he was one of our best players under AVB which is a real shame.

Sturridge was never given a fair chance here so of course he wasn't able to show it on a regular basis but there were quite a few people on here who said Sturridge does have the potential to be a world class striker if he was just given a chance and it looks like he's well on his way to be that.

Never an issue of class - it was always an issue of trust and none of the managers we had enough balls to drop Drogba and Torres, playing Sturridge up top.

I think AVB was going to do that, according to Sturridge AVB had told him to play on the wing for a season and improve his overall ability and weaker foot and he would get a chance up top next season. But AVB got sacked and RdM changed the system in favor of defensive wingers and never rated Sturridge as a striker, barely giving him a start. I don't believe Sturridge has started as a striker for CFC more than 3 matches, he either came on as a late sub for Torres or was played out on the wing.

wait a minute dude. sturridge dint start scoring goals only this season. as soon as we sold him sturridge started banging them in for fun.he scored 11 goals in 13 starts for pool last half season and that was when they were absolutely pathetic (they came 7th). he showed more than potential. people here are still hungover on him because even they could see how big a player he would still be and already was. people just wanted him to be given a real oppurtunity but he got 2 starts and 10 sub appearances in half a season. with that torres playing (and i am using the word playing very loosely here) all the games.

sturridge has "improved" even more, that i accept but he already was a class act even with us.

Sturridge has improved at Liverpool for sure, but there have been a few people on here like myself and didierforever that saw that he was a special player when he was here. People always tend to forget that he was one of our best players under AVB which is a real shame.

Sturridge was never given a fair chance here so of course he wasn't able to show it on a regular basis but there were quite a few people on here who said Sturridge does have the potential to be a world class striker if he was just given a chance and it looks like he's well on his way to be that.

Sure, fair enough. That's why we discuss player's potential so much around here. We even discuss player's current ability in some very busy threads too. Some see potential in some players others don't.

My point has always been that we don't really know what took place behind the scenes, especially concerning contract negotiations or perhaps some demand that Daniel may have made then. I know his contract was running out, so they would either offer him a new deal or sell him.

Chelsea don't seem to have a good understanding of the players market. I don't see much logic in the deals we make; I see Spurs making far better deals for example.

Our lack of depth in the center of the pitch is troubling to say the least; imagine if Ramires picks up an injury? [knocks on wood] our season would be down the toilet.

didierforever, I am not talking about goals only. I'm talking about general play and even now Sturridge makes plenty of bad decisions and vanishes in tough matches. Lots of room for improvement still.

I'm sure if Lukaku started 2 matches and made 10 substitute appearances at West Brom in half a season he also would not developed or found form. Players need to play in order to improve or find form - when they are lacking match practice they are never going to be sharp or improve.

2 starts in half a season with torres doing shit all thru out that time. by the way in those 2 starts sturridge had a goal against united in COC and performed better than torres in 20 minutes as an ST than torres did the whole season with us. (remember those 2 1v1 misses against wba and his movement which made it possible).

if he lacked belief it was only because he was continously sitting on the bench watching torres play and wondering if he was even worse than what he was watching.

His attitude was out of sorts and it was not like the managers were going all Malouda on him and not playing him no matter what. I do believe that he is twice the player we had and it had all to do with his transfer to Liverpool.

His attitude was out of sorts and it was not like the managers were going all Malouda on him and not playing him no matter what. I do believe that he is twice the player we had and it had all to do with his transfer to Liverpool.

his "attitude" was fine. tell me how some1 has a attitude problem one day and on going to another club, everythin simply goes fine. and this is not a summer transfer with 2 months to settle and all, it was 1st jan-chelsea and 2nd jan-liverpool issue.

sturridge is a player who wants to play and prove what he has got. and that is the right attitude to have. his desperation to play and prove coupled with his striker instinct or "selfishness" on the pitch was very wrongly construed as attitude problem.

Daniel Sturridge gives his shirt to disabled Liverpool fan after Crystal Palace win

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/respect-daniel-sturridge-gives-his-shirt-to-disabled-liverpool-fan-after-crystal-palace-win-picture/

In any of Sturridge's interviews/actions off the pitch (he has recently created a charity in his name, can't remember what it was for but I think it was based in Jamaica to help kids get into football), he really does not come off as the egotistical maniac some Chelsea fans would have had you believe.