Salomón Rondón

SeB

According to the Daily Mail, Chelsea were scouting Venezuela and Malaga striker Salomon Rondon who appears to be a very exciting prospect. I don't usually watch Liga and I've never seen him play but from what I just read on him I might find an opportunity to see him play. His valuation is £20m

He scored 11 goals in 29+8 games whereas he was expected to be benched at the benefit of Van Nistelrooy. He's excellent in the air (4th FW in terms of aerial duels won per game, 89/185 and 2.4 per game) thanks to his 1.86 m (6 ft 1 in) height and 86kg (do the conversion yourself lol).

I just chat with a Valencia fan who said to me he's a great finisher with a great positionning in the box, he's also very good on the ball:

2.6 shots per game, 0.5 dribbles

He has good assisting stats as well: 4 assists and 26 key passes, fouled 1.8 times per game. He commits 1.1 fouls per game and loses the ball often though 2 times dispossessed per game (tackled) and give 1.7 times the ball back to the opposition

http://www.dailymail...mon-Rondon.html

http://www.whoscored.com/Players/25964

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe there is literally zero substance to this story.

Wouldn't fit in this team at all, and there is no reason why the board would want him that I can think of.

Malaga also wouldn't want/need to sell.

Great poacher though.

Not a very hefty price to pay :D:P

True. :lol:

Seriously though, some of the name that we have been linked with is just silly. And why would Malaga sell one of their better players when they are in the Champions League next season and are bankrolled by a wealthy owner themselves?!

• 2 weeks later...

Host of reports are saying we are one of a few premier league clubs interested in Salomon Rondon. He had a decent season at Malaga and is good both in the air and also very fast and has age on his side. They will demand a fee reportdely of around £20m or more, quite expensive but I wouldn't mind a young striker like him who has age on his side and can provide decent competition to Torres