Schurrle signing confirmed; will wear #14

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What would torres do if you start cheating on him with Schurrle?

Torres won't be here next season, so I don't think it'd cause any problem. But if stalkerazzi published our love affair in the news papers and spread it all over the internet. Torres won't feel any jealousy, you know why? It's fucking bromance :P. Brozzz don't get jealous xD #betterlovestorythantwilight

I know, I'm saying he could force them to make this deal go through.

I wonder what will happen if Schurrle signs and de Bruyne stays. Problem of plenty is better than lack of depth i guess

I wonder what will happen if Schurrle signs and de Bruyne stays. Problem of plenty is better than lack of depth i guess

There's no such thing as problem of plenty, I could bet, even mata and hazard would be happy to see some games on the bench.

Schurrle provides something useful that Moses, Mata, Hazard or Oscar cannot offer. His shooting outside the box is brilliant and we may need that type of game changing player who can hit a shot from distance and blast it into the net. Sometimes we have struggled to score this season because our play is too much passing and there is not that many capable long shooters apart from Lamps. Having another player like that who can cut inside and unleash a shot would be useful. Happy the club is pursuing this transfer for many reasons.

£20million makes me cringe. That being said, I haven't seen much of Schurrle to even begin to see reason why it would/wouldn't be a prudent investment. Squad depth is necessary however, so a player in that position, with that versatility can't be bad?

I am so relieved that its looks like KDB wont be involved in this deal at all.Just one problem though if schurrle comes we have KDB,schurrle,oscar,moses,hazard and mata for the band of three so it would kill the chances of piazon to become a part of the squad.

it would kill the chances of piazon to become a part of the squad.

Why is that a problem though? All the players you mentioned are clearly superior to him currently. If he's good enough, he'll play. If he's not good enough, there's no reason why anyone should want him to play.

Why is that a problem though? All the players you mentioned are clearly superior to him currently. If he's good enough, he'll play. If he's not good enough, there's no reason why anyone should want him to play.

He has been good for malaga so he naturally should get a chance over here.

He has been good for malaga so he naturally should get a chance over here.

Schurrle has been a regular in the Champions League in a team fighting for the Bundesliga title for the past few seasons (or at least doing better than the other teams at doing so). Piazon has 4 starts for Malaga, a team who can play who they want in the league as their standing will now only be pride as they can't play in Europe next season.

So based on that, Schurrle >>> Piazon.

If we're to judge just Piazon himself though, 4 starts (5 sub appearances) in the league for a team who don't need to win nor lose games with 0 goals and not many more assists hardly cries out for a chance here.

Where would he play? He's certainly no playmaker so I don't think behind the striker would work, and he's not a winger either. Unless we change to a system where he's a proper supporting striker, he can't play how he wants.

Anyone who gets their chances ahead of Piazon either deserves it (De Bruyne, Lukaku) or is simply the better player (Schurrle).

Schurrle has been a regular in the Champions League in a team fighting for the Bundesliga title for the past few seasons (or at least doing better than the other teams at doing so). Piazon has 4 starts for Malaga, a team who can play who they want in the league as their standing will now only be pride as they can't play in Europe next season.

So based on that, Schurrle >>> Piazon.

If we're to judge just Piazon himself though, 4 starts (5 sub appearances) in the league for a team who don't need to win nor lose games with 0 goals and not many more assists hardly cries out for a chance here.

Where would he play? He's certainly no playmaker so I don't think behind the striker would work, and he's not a winger either. Unless we change to a system where he's a proper supporting striker, he can't play how he wants.

Anyone who gets their chances ahead of Piazon either deserves it (De Bruyne, Lukaku) or is simply the better player (Schurrle).

That begs the question that why spend 5m+add ons(rising upto to 10m) on piazon if we are simply not gonna show faith in him or give him enough time to develop then probably sell him on a loss and buy a new big named in his position for big bucks.If this is our policy then we really should not be after these wonderkids,just sign the established big name player.

That begs the question that why spend 5m+add ons(rising upto to 10m) on piazon if we are simply not gonna show faith in him or give him enough time to develop then probably sell him on a loss and buy a new big named in his position for big bucks.If this is our policy then we really should not be after these wonderkids,just sign the established big name player.

Why do you assume we'll sell him for a loss? I am almost 100% confident we'll make a profit off him. Yeah he might not make it at Chelsea but that doesn't mean he's not a good player. He's impressed at Malaga (suprisingly for me, as I thought that was too aggressive of a loan), he'll still be "young" in 2-4 years time with decent enough loan experience to fetch at least 10M.

Like it or not, Chelsea is improving the youth academy to maybe promote a youngster or two but mainly to make a PROFIT from their sales.

Why do you assume we'll sell him for a loss? I am almost 100% confident we'll make a profit off him. Yeah he might not make it at Chelsea but that doesn't mean he's not a good player. He's impressed at Malaga (suprisingly for me, as I thought that was too aggressive of a loan), he'll still be "young" in 2-4 years time with decent enough loan experience to fetch at least 10M.

Like it or not, Chelsea is improving the youth academy to maybe promote a youngster or two but mainly to make a PROFIT from their sales.

So we sign him for 10m(add ons and everything) and then sell him for 10m while also spending big money on a new player in his position.Why not just use all that money to sign the big name player?

So we sign him for 10m(add ons and everything) and then sell him for 10m while also spending big money on a new player in his position.Why not just use all that money to sign the big name player?

Um because there is hardly no risk with Piazon, worst case you break even? Best case you got a first XI player, so you dont even have to spend anything on a big name player. Average scenario - you make 5M profit off his sale. It's a business, there is no sure shot, you take risks but you also gotta hedge against them. Chelsea's youth academy is a hedge to purchases like Torres and whatnot.

It would be stupid to sell him right now. Piazon is still a real hot prospect for future, and i think he should be loaned to a championship side next year. He is still young, and, keep that in mind, will be a homegrown player if he stays in England.

I love him and i'm sure he can be as good as Oscar with more versatile assets.

Um because there is hardly no risk with Piazon, worst case you break even? Best case you got a first XI player, so you dont even have to spend anything on a big name player. Average scenario - you make 5M profit off his sale. It's a business, there is no sure shot, you take risks but you also gotta hedge against them. Chelsea's youth academy is a hedge to purchases like Torres and whatnot.

Worst case he does not live upto his potential and we sell him on a loss and even if he does well on loan i am pretty sure our board would not give him a chance and pursue the big name player anyway and most probably use piazon as a makeweight.

Fantastic signing this, probably one of the most logical signings we can make, a player who will fight for the ball, chase down players and is really good at it. He is also a good footballer too! I just think this signing would be perfect, our squad is far too unbalanced as it is, we need players who can put in shifts.