Schurrle signing confirmed; will wear #14

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The player?

So then he leaves.

Dortmund is not a team that can challenge for years to come, because Bayern will keep buying their talents.

I believe the boy is smart, and would rather come back to Chelsea.

Like I said, unless it's Bayern Munich, there is no other team in that league that should worry Chelsea.

I think this will be like the Marin deal. Buying a player who had loads of potential 2 seasons ago and failed to fulfil it, leaving regular Bundesliga followers to have a chuckle at us once he arrives.

Chelsea to complete Andre Schurrle transfer after agreeing deal with Bayer Leverkusen

http://metro.co.uk/2013/05/30/chelsea-to-complete-andre-schurrle-transfer-after-agreeing-deal-with-bayer-leverkusen-3820659/

Chelsea to seal André Schürrle deal as Kevin de Bruyne agrees loan move

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/may/30/chelsea-andre-schurrle-kevin-de-bruyn?

Transfer news: Bayer Leverkusen's Andre Schurrle closes on Chelsea move

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11661/8742775?

Maybe Kevin wants assurances that he will play a LOT this coming season, so he keeps his place in the Belgium squad for the WC. That would be the only logical reason for him wanting to be loaned.

If we are sticking with the 4-2-3-1, I'd assume de Bruyne would start on the right side of the 3, interchanging with Mata & Hazard. He is better than Oscar, Moses, Marin, and Schurrle.

Better then Oscar?

Let's not get ahead of our self here.

That's your opinion, I think we can buy a lot worse players than Schurrle considering how versatile he is. Look at Moses, people nearly cried from the roof tops when we signed him but he has turned out a very good signing.

I wish people would at least give players a chance to prove themselves before judging them.

The same applies to you, cant say he will be a succes until he proves himself!

Btw, I was one of the few who defended Moses coming here...

Lukaku isn't better than Torres, not till he has done something in Chelsea colours. Lukaku himself said that it'd be alot harder to repeat what he just did in WBA when he'd play for Chelsea. You'll have alot less room to work with, more pressure etc. Benayoun and Marin aren't Chelsea material to start with so don't start with it. Chalobah? He hasn't even played for Chelsea propely and he's automatically better than Mikel, that's just stupid and disrespectful. Get real. Courtois has 1-2 good seasons, makes couple of good saves and you compare him with Cech? Cech saves our ass every other game.

:doh:

The same counts for Kdb. Ow and we already own him.

Are we actually arguing if Chelsea should have depth or not? I mean IF the rumors are true and we give KdB on loan to Leverkusen(CL football)and get Schürrle, then we'd have 2 great players, 2 different players in our disposal for 2014/15 season. I hope KDB and his agents are smart about this, a season with regular football in Bundesliga plus CL will be the smartest thing to do in order claim his spot in Belgium's World Cup team.

The same applies to you, cant say he will be a succes until he proves himself!

Btw, I was one of the few who defended Moses coming here...

Of course it applies to me, but like you, I have an opinion on him, and that is he will be good here.

The Moses thing was not directed at you or anyone in particular just a generalization that people thought because he came from Wigan he wasn't good enough nor what we needed.

The same counts for Kdb. Ow and we already own him.

Of course! And the fact that our Belgian loanees - Lukaku, dr Bruyne and Courtois, all hit the waves and were very successful with their loan spells shows that Chelsea made the right call to send them on loan and to right places. Better than being on the bench. We could argue if they could have done better at Chelsea than some players who stayed here but that's not important anymore. That's all theory and we'll never know the truth. Fact is the trio is developing fast and we'll face a fight to keep them.

We don't see them every day, how they act in training, how they connect with team-mates. We only see handful of moments on the pitch/behind the scene videos. Not everyone titled "talented" by English media is an automatic future star and starter for Chelsea. Of course we'll coup them in more than we need. If they're good we'll integrate them into our squad, if they're average we will sell for profit. Football is a business - welcome.

My point here was regardless of whether these players will turn out to be good or not, it's absolutely nonsensical to keep on stocking the squad with similar players and similar players around the same age. Said this many times before, the club is like just buying young and upcoming players for the sake of it without actually seem to have any proper thought behind it. Even seen many endorsing or liking such approach, wanting us to buy this player, buy that player and then later complain that we don't give the youth players from the academy a chance! You say if they are good, we'll integrate them into the squad, if not we'll sell them. But here lies the issue. If we are gonna have young and similar players in the squad, how exactly then we'll find out how good they are when all of them would want to play week in week out to develop themselves? They play good or bad for 2-3 games and then suddenly being rotated for others. Such approach is not going to help them develop and see how good the players can be in the long run. We'll probably then think they are average and sell them for profit when they can actually turn out to be if given a proper chance and run in the team without having to compete with like 4-5 players for the same position!

And arguably, the worse thing that comes off this is that we don't address the key areas of the team when it needs fixing desperately but continue to buy players in position that don't matter too much for now.

Hate to break this to you, but we are not the only ones doing it. Plus very few from this 'mega talent pool' we have garnered will make it at the top level. People were crying over Bruma, Raijkovic, Mancienne when we constantly loaned them out and in the end we were right not to give them a chance. I'm confident that all the belgian boys will make it here, but I'm not really sure about anyone else.

So, just because others are doing it as well and we have to follow? Doesn't mean it's the right approach. Look at the point explained above.

That's your opinion, I think we can buy a lot worse players than Schurrle considering how versatile he is. Look at Moses, people nearly cried from the roof tops when we signed him but he has turned out a very good signing.

I wish people would at least give players a chance to prove themselves before judging them.

Can understand where you are coming from with that but going by that, I guess then we all shouldn't express our opinion on potential transfer targets, shut our mouth and just watch the club spend ridiculous money (not targeting specifically on Schurrle) on players and only judge them after buying, even if they are not worth the money being paid. And later, we'll hear people saying we overpaid for this player, he's a flop etc..