David Luiz

the wes

I can't for the life of me remember a big match we had where Luiz was a liability and compromised the final score or even conceding a goal because of his lack of concentration, sloppy defending or because he made a bad choice about his positioning - but it must be said my memory sucks :P

Not that I disagree with your point, but united away in 2011 in the tittle decider match.

One thing I notice when he is paired with Silva is that Silva goes forward more often than Luiz....

Maybe is communication problems or language barriers he has at Chelsea still...

At Chelsea he is paired with Terry.. I'd much rather Luiz going forward than Terry

It's all very well having 'personality' (big hair and he does thumbs up a lot) but real personality is turning up and giving 100% every time. If he needs an example of that then there's a guy stood next to him who has done that for the last decade, and one in front and one behind him too.

Your discussion against Luiz died with the beginning of that sentence. I've never understood why people use the example of his hair to analyze whether or not DL is a good player. He has curly hair, curly hair gets big end of story. It doesn't have an impact on his football (unless you count it getting in his face like all the other long haired footballers)

Big hair = personality? Really.... Then I need to get that word out I got to tell all the big haired no personality people this then.

My point is.....Luiz needs to judged by his actions on the field and his ability on the ball. It doesn't matter if his hair is purple, green, or all the colours of the rainbow. The "personality" we should look at on the pitch should be the level of sportsmanship one brings on the field and DL brings that albeit most of the time. He also brings his technical ability on the ball.

Cardiff, Everton, Everton (last season)....

oh wait, are those not big matches? Because people still pay the same prices for the tickets and travel to turn up and support the team. Maybe this is the mentality Luiz needs to adopt because if he wants to be captain of this club then he needs to treat every match like it's as big a match as the kid turning up to see his first match is treating it.

It's all very well having 'personality' (big hair and he does thumbs up a lot) but real personality is turning up and giving 100% every time. If he needs an example of that then there's a guy stood next to him who has done that for the last decade, and one in front and one behind him too.

united? when chicha owned him so many times that its embarassing.

moreover how do people forget the 2010-11 match against united at OT when if we had won, we could have won the title. but our title challenge stood for about 30 seconds there courtesy of luiz.

At Chelsea he is paired with Terry.. I'd much rather Luiz going forward than Terry

Both players in their prime I'd actually rather Terry goes forward. Terry's technical skills and ability on the ball are criminally underrated. But now I'd probably rather Luiz simply because Terry has lost what little pace he had. But that's a discussion for another time.

Your discussion against Luiz died with the beginning of that sentence. I've never understood why people use the example of his hair to analyze whether or not DL is a good player. He has curly hair, curly hair gets big end of story. It doesn't have an impact on his football (unless you count it getting in his face like all the other long haired footballers)

Big hair = personality? Really.... Then I need to get that word out I got to tell all the big haired no personality people this then.

My point is.....Luiz needs to judged by his actions on the field and his ability on the ball. It doesn't matter if his hair is purple, green, or all the colours of the rainbow. The "personality" we should look at on the pitch should be the level of sportsmanship one brings on the field and DL brings that albeit most of the time. He also brings his technical ability on the ball.

Sorry if you misunderstood but people sometimes misunderstand things like that for personality in the same way they mistake Di Canio and his screaming for 'personality'. I don't think it 'died with the beginning of that sentence', I just think you might disagree.

For whatever reason, Luiz didn't really turn up for that performance and it's not the first time. Even against the smallest teams like Brentford he seems to thrown in completely airheaded moments for little or no reason. He needs to realise that each time he's playing, he's wearing our colours and our badge and that he should give 100% each time.

He's a good defender. I would fancy David Luiz to stop any attacker 1 on 1. More than I'd fancy Gary Cahill or John Terry up against a good attacker

I remember when these casual mistakes used to happen a lot more often. He has buckled down and improved now but there are still casual mistakes in his game. More than you would find in a defender generally. His issues are down to concentration and awareness more than anything else

He should Stop dribbling his way out of trouble - Being a good ball-playing defender, he does this kind of thing often but it is very different from a midfielder trying to play his way out of a difficult situation. The risk is far greater. A forward with good anticipation can pick off the ball. And once this happens, the team is in danger.

Sorry if you misunderstood but people sometimes misunderstand things like that for personality in the same way they mistake Di Canio and his screaming for 'personality'. I don't think it 'died with the beginning of that sentence', I just think you might disagree.

For whatever reason, Luiz didn't really turn up for that performance and it's not the first time. Even against the smallest teams like Brentford he seems to thrown in completely airheaded moments for little or no reason. He needs to realise that each time he's playing, he's wearing our colours and our badge and that he should give 100% each time.

I agree with your last paragraph. However, no one ever brings 100% ALL the time. Thus, it's a lot to expect when you consider other factors (fatigue, form). His attitude on the pitch also showed that he was interested in correcting his mistake. I agree fully that he needs to decrease this aspect of his game and I also think supporters need to cut him some slack (sometimes). He is often the scapegoat when he needs not to be.

The whole died comment may have been wrongly worded I should have said your debate points lost merit with that statement. I haven't misunderstood anything we'll just agree to disagree on that point.

united? when chicha owned him so many times that its embarassing.

moreover how do people forget the 2010-11 match against united at OT when if we had won, we could have won the title. but our title challenge stood for about 30 seconds there courtesy of luiz.

So you're going all the way back to 2011 to prove that Luiz isn't good in big games? So funny.

He's a good defender. I would fancy David Luiz to stop any attacker 1 on 1. More than I'd fancy Gary Cahill or John Terry up against a good attacker

I remember when these casual mistakes used to happen a lot more often. He has buckled down and improved now but there are still casual mistakes in his game. More than you would find in a defender generally. His issues are down to concentration and awareness more than anything else

He should Stop dribbling his way out of trouble - Being a good ball-playing defender, he does this kind of thing often but it is very different from a midfielder trying to play his way out of a difficult situation. The risk is far greater. A forward with good anticipation can pick off the ball. And once this happens, the team is in danger.

Luiz hasn't tried to dribble his way out of trouble in ages.

I guess Vertoghen, Agger, Pique, Kjaer, Chygrynskiy, dymtro, Caceras are all world class as well... I can understand AMs, CFs and CMs, but def. not CBs.

But than again, English club fans rate all their players as world class...

He's not English?

I'm not English and I think David is a top 5 CB in the world.

He's not English?

I'm not English and I think David is a top 5 CB in the world.

You and your ability to read...

English club fans doesn't means only fans from England.

Hey, go make some more comments about how you apparently watch MJ play bball while you learn to read.

David Luiz, like Dante and Silva are prone to errors... However, Luiz gets vilified more cause he plays in England and for Chelsea probably....

He's still 3rd in my pecking order for Brazil and in my starting 2 or 3 for Chelsea backline..... (with Ivan and Terry, their positional awareness is pretty freaking good and their aerial ability with a team of tweeners is kind of neccessary)....

So you're going all the way back to 2011 to prove that Luiz isn't good in big games? So funny.

just like u guys are going back to luiz's good form in the last season as a CDM as his pro point so why not a title deciding match???

just like u guys are going back to luiz's good form in the last season as a CDM as his pro point so why not a title deciding match???

Never rated Luiz as a CDM, didn't even mention a word about that.

He was much better at CB last season in my opinion.

You and your ability to read...

English club fans doesn't means only fans from England.

Hey, go make some more comments about how you apparently watch MJ play bball while you learn to read.

:lol: did not see that. Just woke up from a nap. Still a pretty stupid comment to say though - just because someone supports an English club doesn't mean they automatically overrate their own players.

oh the irony...

anyways dont wanna get involved in another te-te-te with another luiz fan. so good luck.

Cool, doesn't matter for me anyway because Luiz is rated highly by our manager and will continue to play a lot.