David Luiz

the wes

7 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Respect. He seems like a really nice person.

split the difference (due to the bans) offer him a one year at £175K a week and call it a day

but wait until AFTER we find out if we get a deferral of the bans

if we do get one, then bye bye Luiz, have fun with another club (still cannot get over the fact we turned down £30m from PSG for him last summer, which we could have turned around and bought Éder Militão for only £22.5m, which was his release clause then or Thilo Kehrer (who can play RB too) for only £33m, which is what PSG paid )

our board, sigh:(

yes, then when we said no the went and bought Kehrer within a week or so.
Tbh I really doubt Luiz wanted to go back, he leaves the impression he really loves Chelsea, so it would have been pointless to accept it and possibly ruin the club's relationship with a player who is useful and really wants to play here. This Qatar rejection enforced that opinion, he's not in it for the money. He is somewhat of a clown but it's really hard to dislike him due to the aforementioned.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, manpe said:

Tbh I really doubt Luiz wanted to go back, he leaves the impression he really loves Chelsea, so it would have been pointless to accept it and possibly ruin the club's relationship with a player who is useful and really wants to play here. This Qatar rejection enforced that opinion, he's not in it for the money. He is somewhat of a clown but it's really hard to dislike him due to the aforementioned.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

the only thing I do not like about him is (and it is a big thing) his shit lapses of concentration on defence

It has happened dozens upon dozens of times over his Chels career and has cost us dearly over the years

I have no idea why, as he obviously has a football brain, look at his passing

he even still has decent pace for his age

12 minutes ago, Vesper said:

the only thing I do not like about him is (and it is a big thing) his shit lapses of concentration on defence

It has happened dozens upon dozens of times over his Chels career and has cost us dearly over the years

I have no idea why, as he obviously has a football brain, look at his passing

he even still has decent pace for his age

He is what he is, he's no Maldini, can't change that, but it's still hard to dislike him. :) 

• 2 weeks later...

This guy can get away with murder just cause he says "geezer" and all the hip jazz. 

Abysmal defender and seriously needs to be let go. Will be gutted if we give him an extension. Will be devastated if its more than a year's extension

5 hours ago, bakayokofan said:

This guy can get away with murder just cause he says "geezer" and all the hip jazz. 

Abysmal defender and seriously needs to be let go. Will be gutted if we give him an extension. Will be devastated if its more than a year's extension

He gets away because he had massive performances in many big games and has the biggest character in the team. 

If he gets the extension for another year, I wont be pissed. 

3 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

He gets away because he had massive performances in many big games and has the biggest character in the team. 

If he gets the extension for another year, I wont be pissed. 

Great, so we can already make peace with struggling for top4, looking defensively incompetent, while having our hands in our heads and waiting for the inevitable "Luiz" moment.

4 hours ago, bakayokofan said:

Great, so we can already make peace with struggling for top4, looking defensively incompetent, while having our hands in our heads and waiting for the inevitable "Luiz" moment.

Since we have ban incoming, he should stay in back up role. Id play Zouma and Rudiger. I rate the two above Christensen who should be backup together with Luiz.

As for the defending, I dont want to protect Luiz, he can be awful defender, but we are shit as a unit. Both fullbacks dont close the space, and our mid looks out of place in many games. Until we fix that, we might as well continue with Luiz, because even Van Dijk wouldnt be able to cover for 5 players that go missing when we defend.

This season, Luiz had many brainfarts like usual, but also many fantastic games where he was key player. He isnt as useless or only problem at the back that many people think.

2 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

Since we have ban incoming, he should stay in back up role. Id play Zouma and Rudiger. I rate the two above Christensen who should be backup together with Luiz.

As for the defending, I dont want to protect Luiz, he can be awful defender, but we are shit as a unit. Both fullbacks dont close the space, and our mid looks out of place in many games. Until we fix that, we might as well continue with Luiz, because even Van Dijk wouldnt be able to cover for 5 players that go missing when we defend.

This season, Luiz had many brainfarts like usual, but also many fantastic games where he was key player. He isnt as useless or only problem at the back that many people think.

I have to disagree there mate.

We have a ban incoming, and it's the perfect time to throw away the garbage and give chance to the new generation. Did not tomori win Derby's player of the year? Andreas needs some bulking up but a quartet of zouma, Rudi, Andreas and tomori is more than good enough. If we need a new Dawn, it's high time to leave players like Luiz behind. Players who screw the team up as much as they help.

Luiz might not be the only problem, but he is a massive part of the problem. Like I said above, I might as well invest a year in Andreas in return for another 10years, rather than investing a minute in Luiz to get the same old, same old drivel that he keeps spewing every season.

42 minutes ago, bakayokofan said:

I have to disagree there mate.

We have a ban incoming, and it's the perfect time to throw away the garbage and give chance to the new generation. Did not tomori win Derby's player of the year? Andreas needs some bulking up but a quartet of zouma, Rudi, Andreas and tomori is more than good enough. If we need a new Dawn, it's high time to leave players like Luiz behind. Players who screw the team up as much as they help.

Luiz might not be the only problem, but he is a massive part of the problem. Like I said above, I might as well invest a year in Andreas in return for another 10years, rather than investing a minute in Luiz to get the same old, same old drivel that he keeps spewing every season.

I partly agree. Instead of AC, I would play Zouma. And regarding Tomori, he is definately not ready for our 11, while he would be wasted on bench. 

My choice would be Zouma-Rudiger, with AC and Luiz backups. Luiz can still provide some experience. Zouma replaces aging Cahill and Tomori is sent on PL loan.

Next summer, Tomori replaces Luiz.