David Luiz

the wes

1 hour ago, Cosmin said:

I wouldn't sell Luiz or any player to Napoli for less than 70m. Fuck De Laurentiis.

All this crap with the twat known as ADL could have been sorted weeks ago if we just paid his fee. I doubt very much if it would have made a bit of difference towards the FFP figures unless the clubs in deeper shite than even we think.

But with the new financial year started whats the excuse now?

If Sarri hasn't got Luiz in his future plans then let the old boy go somewhere he can have a year or 2 playing, I like him, hes great for the changing room but I bet hes been a instigator of shit stirring too with his mate Willi.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm really sorry that Luiz isn't working out as CB. Hes a good leader (which was lacking yesterday), and great for moral. But its that same old Luiz as a defender brainfart time again.

How many times did he lose his mark or just look like he was lost?

I am wondering why Sarri hasn't given AC more of a shot.

I know he fucked up a couple of times Jan time this year but fuck me all the lads did/have done.

He is good on the ball and stronger defense wise.

3 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

I'm really sorry that Luiz isn't working out as CB. Hes a good leader (which was lacking yesterday), and great for moral. But its that same old Luiz as a defender brainfart time again.

How many times did he lose his mark or just look like he was lost?

I am wondering why Sarri hasn't given AC more of a shot.

I know he fucked up a couple of times Jan time this year but fuck me all the lads did/have done.

He is good on the ball and stronger defense wise.

My guess is that ac had a particularly bad end of the season, which coincided with the time sarri started paying attention. And/or coaches game that info.

22 minutes ago, Robguima said:

My guess is that ac had a particularly bad end of the season, which coincided with the time sarri started paying attention. And/or coaches game that info.

Yeah maybe. And hes only had a few short weeks to see how AC is and Luiz does have a good character (as long as hes plating - if not then gus mood is infectious as it rubbed off onto his best mate) I just hope Sarri sees thru the facade and sees the brainfart.

Wonder if he would make a Hamsik?

1 hour ago, Unionjack said:

Wonder if we could put Luiz in the Barkley role?

Haha no way my man. He was barely trusted for DMF in emergency cases, as AMF he'd be a disaster. He is a flashy defender but that and him being Brazilian doesn't mean he has any competence in attack I'm afraid... we need more goals, not dry them out even more.

44 minutes ago, manpe said:

Haha no way my man. He was barely trusted for DMF in emergency cases, as AMF he'd be a disaster. He is a flashy defender but that and him being Brazilian doesn't mean he has any competence in attack I'm afraid... we need more goals, not dry them out even more.

Just trying to come up with options mate cause he had some bad times yesterday and he can't stay there.

We have to put someone in the Barkley place who will be able to give us some goals and help in high defending. Only other real options are one of Willian,Pedro or Eden. Its a dilemma.

Understand your thinking on other options for Luiz. Attacking midfielder though just wouldn't work.

Unfortunately he is just not going to cut it as CB, he has been making these same schoolboy errors since he first joined us, he goes to press the ball and completely misses it and takes himself right out the game, does that time and time again, he is an experienced defender now guys, he isn't going to change.

Luiz as a midfielder is just yesterday's thinking. It's like we are trying to find positions for him to paint over his ever appearing cracks, yet the fact of the matter is, he isn't that good really.

He will always have brain farts, he will always be caught out of position and he will always exposed when an opposition player of much higher quality faces him.