David Luiz

the wes

5 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

This. Luiz adds character and grit to our side. He has that fire that pushes the team forward.

It will be big miss for us if he is sold.

He might have brainfarts in defence, so maybe midfield, but everyone rates him so poorly in midfield. I would love to use him next to Kante and Cesc for few games.

Luiz is made for the defensive/sweeper midfield role. It really pisses me off that he hasn't been given a real chance in that position. 

2 hours ago, DDA said:

Luiz is made for the defensive/sweeper midfield role. It really pisses me off that he hasn't been given a real chance in that position. 

He has, but he is poor on the ball for a midfielder and nearly everytime he plays there our possession levels are embarrassingly low and he's a big part in why. Maybe in the CL in games we are not bothered about how well we play he can be an option, but as a week by week option i'd personally consider Azpi and Christensen for midfield roles before David.

4 hours ago, Tomo said:

He has, but he is poor on the ball for a midfielder and nearly everytime he plays there our possession levels are embarrassingly low and he's a big part in why. Maybe in the CL in games we are not bothered about how well we play he can be an option, but as a week by week option i'd personally consider Azpi and Christensen for midfield roles before David.

Having said that, as current form stands, who would you rather in a midfield role? Bakayoko or Luiz? 

Luiz only played a handfull of games in that role. This was on his previous spell here too. We can see his game has matured since those days. Look how he played the CB role in our 2016/2017 title winning season. It was hard to believe how disciplined he had become under Conte considering how eratic he could be. Who is to say wether Conte could utilise his attributes and transform him into a defensive minded midfielder. He has pace, vision, can tackle, wide range of passing ability and lots of energy. All the tools needed for such a role.

37 minutes ago, DDA said:

Having said that, as current form stands, who would you rather in a midfield role? Bakayoko or Luiz? 

Luiz only played a handfull of games in that role. This was on his previous spell here too. We can see his game has matured since those days. Look how he played the CB role in our 2016/2017 title winning season. It was hard to believe how disciplined he had become under Conte considering how eratic he could be. Who is to say wether Conte could utilise his attributes and transform him into a defensive minded midfielder. He has pace, vision, can tackle, wide range of passing ability and lots of energy. All the tools needed for such a role.

Bakayoko, and im not even intending that as a compliment to him.

David's technical ability is overrated, yes he can ping passes from defense, but in midfield you won't get as much time on the ball and he's not very good at driving with it and getting past players. He is, for me, a big reason why the ball keeps coming back at us whenever he playes CDM.

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

Bakayoko, and im not even intending that as a compliment to him.

David's technical ability is overrated, yes he can ping passes from defense, but in midfield you won't get as much time on the ball and he's not very good at driving with it and getting past players. He is, for me, a big reason why the ball keeps coming back at us whenever he playes CDM.

I would play Luiz purely because Bakayoko is a liability defensively, but I agree with the rest. Ideally of course neither of them would come close to our midfield. Would rather play Azpi in midfield, he is intelligent enough, has better vision and ball-playing skills than both, but he's far too important in our defence to move him away.

4 hours ago, DDA said:

Luiz can’t play CDM. He starts being too erratic, gets overly excited and for all his energy and running about he is out of position more often than not. Just look at the game vs Roma where he was played there other than the goal and some passes he was all over the joint. Benitez and Mourinho both struggled to get him to be disciplined in that position. Him playing there is a big no no unless we have absolutely nobody else to play there.

Even as a CB he takes risks, I think 3 at the back gave him a good bit more responsibility in the middle because he is the last line so to speak but he also averaged less touches on the ball and less defensive actions than the wide CBs a lot of the time which is why I think as well Cahill looked very solid in the middle of the back 3 in the previous few games he played too. I’m still not overly convinced Luiz is as solid as Azpilicueta, Rudiger or Christensen for instance because you always feel watching him he’s got the devil on one shoulder telling him to do something stupid, although he’s nowhere near the train wreck he was under Villas-Boas. I genuinely think his passing is overrated as well, I mean I get building from the back yes but people make out that Luiz is like the best CB in the world for this, the likes of Christensen, Stones, Pique, Ramos etc do this very well but they keep it simple and for me simplicity is better than those Hollywood passes that come off 1/10. Bonucci is by far the best example because he can make passes like the one for the Italy goal against Belgium at the Euros but he doesn’t actually make them every week or choose the difficult option as his first choice. Only if it’s highly likely to come off. We have enough problems with our CMs giving the ball away without encouraging a CB to try his best impression of Xavi Alonso. I get taking risks but Luiz is prone to just try force it and the nearest player would be miles a way.

• 4 weeks later...

David Luiz

pros:

can pass from the back (sometimes - nothing to do with defending though which as a CB I’d say is essential),

iconic hair (or so people say),

cons:

can’t defend to save his life,

no common sense (ties in with defending point)

Think we should of offloaded him in January. Last season was just bizarre almost like he was somebody else.

1 minute ago, Mana said:

Luiz is a bang average player, maybe worse but there are far worse players in Chelsea right now we should focus on. One particularly our so called captain.

He couldnt captain a barrel with a fucking.t shirt as a sail useless sack of shit

Looks like a rabbit in the headlights already, had no idea what was going on last night. Mind you he was next to that fucking donkey Cahill, so that says a lot.

Him and Cahill are so unbelievably slow it's unreal.

I think Luiz's motivation suffered a huge blow after he realized that despite his great performance last season, Tite wasn't going to call him for this year's World Cup, so his dream of redeeming himself at International level was dead in the water. Its worth noting that Tite announce his last Brazilian squad in October 20. 11 days later Luiz came up with a shocking performance and the team was smashed by Roma. That was Luiz last game as a starting XI.

Luiz problem used to be that he always wanted to give more than he could. He used to be WAY too proactive for a CB. But this season its different, it seems he just doesn't care. He became WAY too passive. His performance against Watford was the typical performance coming from a player that does not give a fuck at all. Even his body language is different. Conte was a fan of Luiz, and out of nowhere he became the 5th CB in the picking order. I don't think Conte would drop Luiz just because of some discussion about his methods, but lack of commitment is a good reason to drop a player.
That's very interesting to know, didn't know anything about that international selection thing. You might be right, and as Conte himself said when he first arrived, that he would prefer to kill a player who doesn't give his all.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk